TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 ADMs - What's everyone seeing?

gennyr1

Hello,

My name is Norm and I adding some Canadian imput to this thread. This is my first post here as well. My dealer got a Shelby truckload in two weeks ago. The black with dark graphit grey stripe caught my eye. It has 9 km or about 5.5 miles on the odometer. The only one of that colour. With below zero temps and snow on the ground I was able to negotiate exactly $2,500 below MSRP. They started at MSRP, and after 1 hour, I ended at that $2,500 below. I think I did well. I don't think I could have negotiated a better price during the summer months. It will sit in my garage till the salt free days in April.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello,

My name is Norm and I adding some Canadian imput to this thread. This is my first post here as well. My dealer got a Shelby truckload in two weeks ago. The black with dark graphit grey stripe caught my eye. It has 9 km or about 5.5 miles on the odometer. The only one of that colour. With below zero temps and snow on the ground I was able to negotiate exactly $2,500 below MSRP. They started at MSRP, and after 1 hour, I ended at that $2,500 below. I think I did well. I don't think I could have negotiated a better price during the summer months. It will sit in my garage till the salt free days in April.

Shaa, no S*#T, you got a "enormous" deal....good for you, you deserve it since the Maple Leafs are playing for draft picks :hysterical:

Yes, our prices in Canada are indeed higher. I still feel good about my little deal and negotiations. My dealer recieved only 4 in 2007. Those were sold to the first wave at $15,000 over sticker. I was the first in the 2008 MSRP (or better) :happy feet: wave.

I just finished shopping, via internet and phone, at least, 25 dealers with GT500's in stock. *

I bought mine, 2/17/08, at Frederick Ford, in Seaford, DE, for MSRP.

During my shopping, I found 3 MD dealers and 1 DE dealer, from whom I bought, willing to sell for MSRP; but, not less.

I, also, found the majority of MD, DC, VA, DE and NJ dealers asking ADM of $10,000+

* Customer order cars are always less expensive, for many reasons, such as no dealer floor plan expense.

Out-the-Door &

on the road

Truth is the dealers are weeding out serious shoppers from dreamers. With the internet its much easier than past years. Found mine ('08 Vista Blue/white strips) in Fort Myers FL for an out-the-door price inclusive of sales tax, guzzer tax, tags, etc. Being from PA I gave the downpayment on a credit card, flew down to Fort Myers the next day and picked it up. Dealers will deal with a serious buyer as opposed to a shopper. When you find the GT500 you want (color/options) jump on it, don't talk about it, you need to make it happen and just be concerned if your happy with the deal you got, not about getting the best deal at MSRP. Bottom line here, do you have the car or not,...still waiting? Then something's wrong!

54 out the door! :headspin:

Out-the-Door &

on the road

Truth is the dealers are weeding out serious shoppers from dreamers. With the internet its much easier than past years. Found mine ('08 Vista Blue/white strips) in Fort Myers FL for an out-the-door price inclusive of sales tax, guzzer tax, tags, etc. Being from PA I gave the downpayment on a credit card, flew down to Fort Myers the next day and picked it up. Dealers will deal with a serious buyer as opposed to a shopper. When you find the GT500 you want (color/options) jump on it, don't talk about it, you need to make it happen and just be concerned if your happy with the deal you got, not about getting the best deal at MSRP. Bottom line here, do you have the car or not,...still waiting? Then something's wrong!

54 out the door! :headspin:

You may be right , And I hate to be the complainer here,

I spent some time searching the internet and made some calls, I have never been treated so poorley buy somebody trying to earm my buisness, OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I had one arogat SOB explain if " You aint ready to part with 64 large dont waste his time"and he had a cute V6 I might be able to afford. its not a matter of weather I can afford it, its a matter of being taken advantage of. I do under stand these car will not be investment cars. I just cant bring my self to pay over msrp knowing with the depreceation of about $4000.00 off of the msrp (no less the dealer mark up )because its now a used car once I leave the dealer.

is every one getting gap insurance on these cars, If your paying 64 and it gets in an acedent and insurance only pays 54 msrp less the depreceation of 4000.00 that means they pay you or the bank only 50 that menas your eather still paying the bank the 14,000.00 differance.

The only thing that came out of my calls today (besides agravation) was finding out about the Roush Mustangs that the dealer have. There no Shelbys but they are a performance 4 seat convertable whitch is all I actually wanted beside the enemic stock gt.

I will stop complaining and hopefully be able to post soon with my deal if I find one.

PS Bill

Congradulation on the new car, I have a brother in Central Florida who has been looking around for me and I have been a day too late on some deals ,but I can tell you that every salesperson I have spoken to in Florida has been more then helpfull in trying to find a car/deal

Its these local dealer in the NY/NJ metro area that are just so rude and condacending I mean with there adatude you think they worked for the DMV or Parking authority Certainly not in a sales position where they want to sell a car

I spent some time searching the internet and made some calls, I have never been treated so poorley buy somebody trying to earm my buisness, OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I had one arogat SOB explain if " You aint ready to part with 64 large dont waste his time"and he had a cute V6 I might be able to afford. its not a matter of weather I can afford it, its a matter of being taken advantage of. I do under stand these car will not be investment cars. I just cant bring my self to pay over msrp knowing with the depreceation of about $4000.00 off of the msrp (no less the dealer mark up )because its now a used car once I leave the dealer.

is every one getting gap insurance on these cars, If your paying 64 and it gets in an acedent and insurance only pays 54 msrp less the depreceation of 4000.00 that means they pay you or the bank only 50 that menas your eather still paying the bank the 14,000.00 differance.

The only thing that came out of my calls today (besides agravation) was finding out about the Roush Mustangs that the dealer have. There no Shelbys but they are a performance 4 seat convertable whitch is all I actually wanted beside the enemic stock gt.

I will stop complaining and hopefully be able to post soon with my deal if I find one.

PS Bill

Congradulation on the new car, I have a brother in Central Florida who has been looking around for me and I have been a day too late on some deals ,but I can tell you that every salesperson I have spoken to in Florida has been more then helpfull in trying to find a car/deal

Its these local dealer in the NY/NJ metro area that are just so rude and condacending I mean with there adatude you think they worked for the DMV or Parking authority Certainly not in a sales position where they want to sell a car

Check with your insurance company. You should be able to get coverage based on replacement value which is more than MSRP right now. Whatever the going market price is is what they pay on.

Also, gap is always good. Well worth the few hundred bucks. Gap pays a 120% - 130% of the value.

You are correct that vehicles depreciate, but that is a problem with any new vehicle. Unless you plan to sell it or trade it in the first year or two, then what difference does it really make? I would only be concerned if I was going to have to sell it in the near future, otherwise I wouldn't care because I will get all the depreciation out of it from the time I owned it and the enjoyment I got from it.

If depreciation is a concern, why not pick up a used one then?

I have a 07 Coupe coming in with about 1,500 miles on it you can have for $43,500. It has Shaker 1000, Sat. Radio and the Prem. interior Pkg. MSRP was $45,060. The guy that traded it paid well over $60K for it.

PS Bill

Here's what to do. Call Mike Collins at Sam Galloway Ford in Fort Myers FL. Tell him Bill in PA (Philly) told you to call. You'll get it,..now! Post back to let me know how you make out. You can post $500.00 on your credit card for the downpayment. (He'll take the #) Fly down when you can, tickets are cheap and drive it home. It's a trip of a life time. If you don't want to drive it back, the car can be shipped (Rail or truck) for about $1000. Take the trip, you'll never forget driving your new Cobra home! 54 out-the-door. Two 08's due in now.

Check with your insurance company. You should be able to get coverage based on replacement value which is more than MSRP right now. Whatever the going market price is is what they pay on.

Also, gap is always good. Well worth the few hundred bucks. Gap pays a 120% - 130% of the value.

You are correct that vehicles depreciate, but that is a problem with any new vehicle. Unless you plan to sell it or trade it in the first year or two, then what difference does it really make? I would only be concerned if I was going to have to sell it in the near future, otherwise I wouldn't care because I will get all the depreciation out of it from the time I owned it and the enjoyment I got from it.

If depreciation is a concern, why not pick up a used one then?

I have a 07 Coupe coming in with about 1,500 miles on it you can have for $43,500. It has Shaker 1000, Sat. Radio and the Prem. interior Pkg. MSRP was $45,060. The guy that traded it paid well over $60K for it.

Is depreceation a concern Yes definately ,but you get it with all cars Except a ferrari, is depreceation a deal breaker NO absolutely not. its exspected with any new car. The deal breaker is the price over msrp.I dont plan on selling it anytime in the near future I am just looking to purchase a 4 seat performace convertable to replace one of my corvettes pictured below. At a resonable price.

237558972_5J8xN-M.jpg

I am just not used to being treated so poorly over a car purchase, so far almost all of my interations with dealers have like they were doing me a favor allowing me to purchase the car over msrp. I will make a couple more calls tomorow

I am in the market for a convertable in Black,orange, or lastly white.

Here's what to do. Call Mike Collins at Sam Galloway Ford in Fort Myers FL. Tell him Bill in PA (Philly) told you to call. You'll get it,..now! Post back to let me know how you make out. You can post $500.00 on your credit card for the downpayment. (He'll take the #) Fly down when you can, tickets are cheap and drive it home. It's a trip of a life time. If you don't want to drive it back, the car can be shipped (Rail or truck) for about $1000. Take the trip, you'll never forget driving your new Cobra home! 54 out-the-door. Two 08's due in now.

Thank You I will try them tomorow,

Is depreceation a concern Yes definately ,but you get it with all cars Except a ferrari, is depreceation a deal breaker NO absolutely not. its exspected with any new car. The deal breaker is the price over msrp.I dont plan on selling it anytime in the near future I am just looking to purchase a 4 seat performace convertable to replace one of my corvettes pictured below. At a resonable price.

237558972_5J8xN-M.jpg

I am just not used to being treated so poorly over a car purchase, so far almost all of my interations with dealers have like they were doing me a favor allowing me to purchase the car over msrp. I will make a couple more calls tomorow

NICE looking vette!

The one I have coming in is a orange coupe.

I checked earlier tonight on orange verts and there are only seven in the country showing up. That is a rare color. There should be quite a few black verts.

I ordered mine from Kings Ford in Cincinnati in January. I too have no idea when I will get it. They said I will but they have no info for me.

Bruce

If you don't mind me asking what dealer did you order from and when did you place the order? I placed my order for red vert with white stripes 12 weeks ago and still do not have a build date and I have been up the dealerships as@ for information.

I ordered mine from Kings Ford in Cincinnati in January. I too have no idea when I will get it. They said I will but they have no info for me.

Bruce

Bruce,

I couldn't find a MSRP deal in the Cincinnati area, so I ordered one from a Youngstown dealer. See my post earlier in this thread. I ordered mine a week ago, and am waiting on details. Dealer said he had a March slot for the build, with the car delivery sometime in April. I'm supposed to get my VIN this week. I live in Mason, how about you? What did you order. Mine's a vapor coupe.

Stoy

237558972_5J8xN-M.jpg

I was shopping on ebay last week for a Warriors in Pink vert for my wife and noticed several GT500 convertibles that looked like they could be bought for MSRP. I also searched several dealer inventories and found there were an inordinately high amount of GT500 verts showing up compared to when I bought my coupe last summer. Just find the cars on auction where the bids are still below MSRP and call the dealer. That's what I did....paid over sticker last summer still, but a lot less than what most dealers were asking. Ebay is a great way to "locate" the car you want, then just call them and negotiate your deal.

I saw a dealer in Chamberlain, SD (Don's Ford-Mercury) listed a black GT500 vert that they were willing to sell for MSRP as the buyer had backed out. You might try calling them to see if it's still available.

I was shopping on ebay last week for a Warriors in Pink vert for my wife and noticed several GT500 convertibles that looked like they could be bought for MSRP. I also searched several dealer inventories and found there were an inordinately high amount of GT500 verts showing up compared to when I bought my coupe last summer. Just find the cars on auction where the bids are still below MSRP and call the dealer. That's what I did....paid over sticker last summer still, but a lot less than what most dealers were asking. Ebay is a great way to "locate" the car you want, then just call them and negotiate your deal.

I saw a dealer in Chamberlain, SD (Don's Ford-Mercury) listed a black GT500 vert that they were willing to sell for MSRP as the buyer had backed out. You might try calling them to see if it's still available.

Ebay sell data is also a great way to stop the dealer sales BS and arrogance. Just ask them if they know the average Ebay sales price for GT500's over the last two months. They usually don't. Then I tell them ($47,300 for '08 coupes based on about 32 sells). That shuts them right up. Then I tell them I hope they enjoy paying the interest on that car while it sits there, and prices keep coming down. Of course when you find a reasonable and fair dealer, like I eventually did, you don't have to resort to this tactic. But it's great to have some fun with the A-holes out there (and there's plenty of them, unfortunately).

I've been tracking the Ebay sell data off and on for the last year or so. Very interesting to see how prices just continue to drop. For those interested, attached is a spreadsheet with data from the last 5 months or so. Only for coupes, split between 07 and 08, showing options and miles if they were listed.

Stoy

GT500_Ebay_sells.htm

GT500_Ebay_sells.htm

If you don't mind going to Pennsylvania, check out Bethlehem Ford (http://www.bethlehemford.com/ and 610 867-8641). They are one of the dealers that I was negotiating with before placing my order at a different dealership. Talked to Peter Dodd and he was seemed quite reasonable and didn't have is head up his butt like some of the dealers in the Northeast. Peter had a few allocations left last time I talked to him, but that was a few months ago.

I made a couple of calls in the Houston area this week. Galveston, TX had a Vapor GT500 and wanted 7k over sticker. North Houston had another Vapor GT500...started 4k over and on the phone hinted they would split the ADM. I'm thinking in then next 60 days they'll all be at MSRP or less. I'll just keep waiting til I get the deal I want.

Thank you for the complement on the car, I love it but going foward I am really in the need for a 4 seat american made performance car and thats why I am looking at the Shelbys

I was so angry about the ADMS but after talking in great length with a dealership owner I have a better understanding of why theyre sticking to there guns about selling the cars HIGH , dont agree with them ,but I have a better understanding,

So yes the dealers know we are in a recession, (or at least they are struggling ) Car sales are off and the thought is if they ask 12.000.00 over and have to sit on it for a while and only get end up getting 6 over they are in better shape then having to sell 40 trucks instead to make the same profit. And I guess the biggest part is they are not selling the 40 trucks they used to.he also explained having the Shelby is like having an emergency trust fund available as the day he needs to sell it to make the months bills ,its normally sold with inn hours by just calling back the few folks who came to see the car and telling them the car is selling today what is the most your willing to pay.

So as I said no more complaining for me. I also have to just keep calling around hoping I get a dealership who is thinking today is the day we sell the Shelby.

Best of luck to everyone in there Quest for a car

Had to drop off one of our work trucks for service to the dealer on Thursday (2-21) 1 mile from where I work in Gilroy, CA, so I stuck my head inside the showroom, and they had 3 cars there, 1 red GT500, 1 Vapor GT500, and one Black Bullitt

They are asking 76,500 for both of the GT500's and just over 50k for the Bullitt :hysterical:

50 plus for the Bullitt, tough to imagine considering I paid 53,000 for my fully loaded 2008 GT500 'vert !

I was vacationing in Palm Springs last week and drove by Palm Springs Ford. There was a GT500 up on the "hill" so of course I had to tell the wife we needed to stop and do some sight seeing. The one they had outside was a 2007 coupe - white with blue stripes. It had a price "painted" on the windshield of $59,995 marked down to $53,995 (roughly $9k ADM....and it was USED with 1k miles on it!

They also had an '08 coupe Vista Blue with white stripes in the showroom. They had added 20" custom Zone wheels and Nitto tires (which were sweet), a Steeda racing kit (salesman didn't know what that was but claimed 650 hp so I'm guessing it's a "Stage 2" setup with CAI, pulley and tune), catback exhaust AND a $25k "market adjustment". That brought it to a whopping $89,000! Here are a couple camera phone photos...sorry for the poor quality. :censored:

post-6227-1204497765_thumb.jpg

post-6227-1204497790_thumb.jpg

I have to say I felt like a kid in a candy store there. Almost every new Mustang was already modded with performance upgrades and/or custom wheels/paint, etc. They had a Grabber orange Shelby GT with tungsten stripes and orange rims that looked really cool. They had several Shelby GTs ($10k ADM) and Bullitt's ($10k ADM), Foose and one really sweet black GT with a "KR" hood and over the top white stripes....for about $52k!

The salesman was courteous and helpful and when I confronted him on the ADMs that are clearly "above market", he conceded they would negotiate them down with a serious buyer. He also admitted (and being a business man I understand) that in that market, there is so much money that some people will walk in and just pay the asking price.

So clearly the ADMs are going to vary by region with hotter markets seeing higher ADMs. There are still only a "few" of these cars going to each dealer so it makes sense they will be patient in selling them at a price they are comfortable with to move it.

post-6227-1204497765_thumb.jpg

post-6227-1204497790_thumb.jpg

Dealer in Boca Raton, FL had $15k Adm on a 2008 GT500. That will sit for a while.

CaptDave

Purchased my new 08 GT500 last Friday for MSRP in TN. There are three available at Capital Ford in Raleigh, NC that can be purchased for MSRP with a little talking. Anything with more than 5K adm is sitting.

Purchased my new 08 GT500 last Friday for MSRP in TN. There are three available at Capital Ford in Raleigh, NC that can be purchased for MSRP with a little talking. Anything with more than 5K adm is sitting.

This is good to hear. I'm still looking for mine.

CaptDave

Archived