TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How does your Shelby drive??

albinorhino

My black / tungsten coupe came 3 weeks ago. Awesome car from almost all aspects. Compared to my 2005 Mustang GT, the sound is more muffled than I had hoped for. Also thinking about aftermarket wheel and tire combinations - any thoughts on these issues and any descriptions from other owners about what they like and don't like?

My black / tungsten coupe came 3 weeks ago. Awesome car from almost all aspects. Compared to my 2005 Mustang GT, the sound is more muffled than I had hoped for. Also thinking about aftermarket wheel and tire combinations - any thoughts on these issues and any descriptions from other owners about what they like and don't like?

Mine does not drive well at all! But, I don't have a VIN vet! :hysterical:

Three weeks and no pixs!! You are in timeout and no BEER for you forrr???????

OK 15min. :party:

Check out FOOSE wheels.

+1

I'm getting these wheels for mine....IF I EVER GET IT!!!! :banghead:

thanks - whose wheels are those? Also, I'm told the 14 in front brakes might require 19 inch wheels by a guy at Shelby Wheels. He also pointed out the issues with the tire deflation sensors that will make a wheel and tire exchange more complicated.

thanks - whose wheels are those? Also, I'm told the 14 in front brakes might require 19 inch wheels by a guy at Shelby Wheels. He also pointed out the issues with the tire deflation sensors that will make a wheel and tire exchange more complicated.

They are American Racing Shelby Razors. American Racing

The AR guy said they are building a model specifically for the Shelby GT500, but there's no part number for them yet. I heard about the tire sensors too. I hope it's not too big of an issue.

They are American Racing Shelby Razors. American Racing

The AR guy said they are building a model specifically for the Shelby GT500, but there's no part number for them yet. I heard about the tire sensors too. I hope it's not too big of an issue.

is it difficult to reprogram the computer to recalibrate the speedometer if you change to tires with a greater circumference to fill the wheel well a bit better?

is it difficult to reprogram the computer to recalibrate the speedometer if you change to tires with a greater circumference to fill the wheel well a bit better?

I don't know. I was planning on getting the same size wheels and tires as stock, but if the speedo calibration is easy, I might think of going to 19" wheels.

You can go to 19's and not affect the speedo - you'll buy lower aspect ratio tires.

Tire pressure monitors aren't an issue - unless you want them on your new rims/tires.

In that case - take them off the OEM's and install them on the new rims.

Guest evilchris

You can go to 19's and not affect the speedo - you'll buy lower aspect ratio tires.

Tire pressure monitors aren't an issue - unless you want them on your new rims/tires.

In that case - take them off the OEM's and install them on the new rims.

If you don't put them on you better tell the computer to ignore the failure.

Guys I had an opportunity to check out a new GT500 and I was also thinking og going to 20's as I like the stance of the saleen. So I took a tape measure with me and guess waht.....the GT500 measure 26" at tire height on the stock wheel/tire combo and the saleen on the other hand measures 26" at tire height on 20" wheels. So now my big debate is to go american racing 20's and drop some more dough on rubber or just stick with the stock combo and just drop her down 1"

Thanks for the american racing update...I was also looking at their 20" torque thrusts

Archived