TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT 500 Book

sgt0027

I stand on being honest in my dealings with people...friend or foe.

If you can sleep at night w/ that mindset, more power to you.

I will be held accountable for ALL my dealings in this life, and so will everyone else.

+1. Sure, capitalims is for the most part a good thing. But to me there is a difference between healthy, productive capitalism i.e. making a profit out of good and/or service that you manufacture or provide and what is purely speculation, where no added value is involved. I don't see anything productive in grabbing resources to make them more scarce for others and then sell them for a huge profit.

Back to the issue of the book, I feel there is something wrong when the bulk of the profit isn't made by the authors or publishers i.e. those that provide some value to the reader vs someone who basically acts as an additional middle man and only serves to drive the price up from $20 to $100. Sure, I may have ended up paying 100$ for the book anyway just as I ended up paying over MSRP for my Shelby. However, in both instances, I would rather see the book publisher or Ford, as the case may be, get most of the money and turn a profit out of the sale of a popular item, because on the long run, that's what is good for the economy and insure we will get more new, desirable and innovative products in the future and that people will still have jobs and money to buy them.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright YZD

Here is the deal so even you can understand it.

The J.A. in question bought all the books after a member posted here that the books was for sale

and there were not many left and limited number. Said J.A. went to Shelby Performance Parts and bought them all so the members here had no chance to get one.

Than said J.A. takes the books and marks them up and since some members couldn't get a book from Shelby than this guy was the only J.A. that had one for sale. I feel sorry for the ones that havent been able to get one.

We have a lot of members here that are good people and some who are not nice and you know who you are and so do we.

Art

Alright YZD

The J.A. in question bought all the books after a member posted here that the books was for sale

and there were not many left and limited number. Said J.A. went to Shelby Performance Parts and bought them all so the members here had no chance to get one.

Than said J.A. takes the books and marks them up and since some members couldn't get a book from Shelby than this guy was the only J.A. that had one for sale. I feel sorry for the ones that havent been able to get one.

We have a lot of members here that are good people and some who are not nice and you know who you are and so do we.

Art

Art,

I absolutely understand what the deal is. If you read my last post, you'll see that we are in agreement on this. I'd rather purchase a book that is priced 100$ by the publisher than pay $100 for a book originally priced at $20, with $80 going to a middle man that did nothing to enhance the value of the book.

Art,

I absolutely understand what the deal is. If you read my last post, you'll see that we are in agreement on this. I'd rather purchase a book that is priced 100$ by the publisher than pay $100 for a book originally priced at $20, with $80 going to a middle man that did nothing to enhance the value of the book.

OK, Forget the discussion of economics, supply and demand, free enterprize (you either understand it or you don't) but my question now is Who Has the Books?? I really would like to have one and will pay $100 for one right now. Please let me know who is selling them.

Thanks,

OK, Forget the discussion of economics, supply and demand, free enterprize (you either understand it or you don't) but my question now is Who Has the Books?? I really would like to have one and will pay $100 for one right now. Please let me know who is selling them.

Thanks,

I'll sell you one for $200. :idea:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I'm a bad dog. :dog:

Alright YZD

Art

+1

:happy feet:

Good people don't screw their friends.

Period.

"Free market", "capitalism", or whatever... not the same thing.

It was crappy and most see it for what it is.

Art,

Sorry YZD

I just reread you're post and It was wrong for me to get in you're case.

We are on the same page. That guy took the profits from that book so he could go to the Birthday bash for free.

I was lucky to get a book from SPP before they were all gone and was SHOCKED that a member from this site would take advantage of people here.

Art

Guys, The company that made the books doesn't want to redo them, This was a licensing deal with Ford and shelby I assume. They sold all the good copies. The error books have the name "Shelby" on the spine mispelled of all things and they were going to destroy them, but I was able to buy them all. We will sell them for a good price, but I will offer them up to Team Shelby members first. We will also offer it at one per person so everyone gets a chance

I will have more info shortly, I think we just received them.

Amy

guys, The company that made the books doesn't want to redo them, The error books have the name "Shelby" on the spine mispelled of all things and they were going to distroy them, but I was able to buy them all.

we will offer them online to Team Shelby Members first. I will have more info shortly, I think we just received them.

Amy

PLEASE add me to the list!

Thanks!!!

Guys, The company that made the books doesn't want to redo them, This was a licensing deal with Ford and shelby I assume. They sold all the good copies. The error books have the name "Shelby" on the spine mispelled of all things and they were going to destroy them, but I was able to buy them all. We will sell them for a good price, but I will offer them up to Team Shelby members first. We will also offer it at one per person so everyone gets a chance

Amy

Thanks Amy! Limiting sales to one book per preson is the best way to go. Please keep me on the list also.

If you back to the first post it isn`t hard to pck out the ones that had ask . Hopefully thats the case .

I was back there also...

I would love to have one if someone doesn't buy them up and charge five times as much for them again? :banghead:

Amy

Please add me to the list.

Thanks

Archived