TEAM SHELBY FORUM

605 HP 40th

I got my car back and it has stopped raining. It is a completely different car. The new supercharger really wakes it up. The short throw shift kit is worth every penny.

I spent the day in it Wednesday, every where I stopped, people ran to it and took pictures. My car thinks it is a super model now.

Pan hard bar going in this weekend. A squeak in the rear needs to be addressed. Waiting on you guys to tell me how you like the wider razors so I can decide about that. Probably need new lower control arms, but one step at a time.....

Tony

Cajun Shelby

I got my car back and it has stopped raining. It is a completely different car. The new supercharger really wakes it up. The short throw shift kit is worth every penny.

I spent the day in it Wednesday, every where I stopped, people ran to it and took pictures. My car thinks it is a super model now.

Pan hard bar going in this weekend. A squeak in the rear needs to be addressed. Waiting on you guys to tell me how you like the wider razors so I can decide about that. Probably need new lower control arms, but one step at a time.....

Tony

Cajun Shelby

Common Tony, "Where's the beef" Get more meat on those Razors. Pics Please.

Don

Tony

Cajun Shelby

ttiwwp.gif

:happy feet:

Tony

Cajun Shelby

Please describe the difference! Thanks!!

Car seems much faster, winds up really quick. Handles better, looks much much better. Some squeaks and moans to work out, but overall, it is much more fun. The short throw shifter really makes it easier to shift quickly.

I will post pictures when I get to work, it is Mardi Gras here, so it is very difficult to move around town.

Car seems much faster, winds up really quick. Handles better, looks much much better. Some squeaks and moans to work out, but overall, it is much more fun. The short throw shifter really makes it easier to shift quickly.

I will post pictures when I get to work, it is Mardi Gras here, so it is very difficult to move around town.

Yeah, I bet it is! :beerchug: :party: :party2: :tequila: :camera::runaway::woot::headspin:

and one for the NOPD: :chairshot:

Thanks! Much appreciated!! I'm getting SS'ed soon so I'm very interested in your feelings!!!

Pics would be helpful also!!! Keep me updated as you DRIVE!!!

Thanks so much!! -- Keith

Any chance of getting the 40th anniversary badging/deck lid lettering in the future? Or are they strictly for 40th anniversary cars?

I have spoken to Shelbyperformanceparts.com and they told me that the brake ducting should be approved by April/may.....Does anyone have any further info on this as well?

Tony

Cajun Shelby

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't really driven it latley, been cold and raining. I am having a problem with a tire sensor it keeps reading fault. It happened after I jumped on it pretty hard. I need to send it to Ford and have them change the oil, I am a little concerned about leaving it at the Ford dealer, but I guess i'll have to wait while they do it. I will give you a full report when the weather improves..

Tony H

Congrats Tony,

Nice looking beast, enjoy....

Hi All;

Just took the car out for a quick shake down.

Wheels need to be balanced. I couldn’t tell much else cause I was too busy holding on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supercharger whine is awesome and boy does it pull. Shifter is awesome, and the brakes look good. The ride on our roads here in Florida is very nice but the ride was too short to test the new suspension.

OK, I’m impressed!!!!!

Mike

post-9468-1205196574_thumb.jpg

post-9468-1205196574_thumb.jpg

I've put about 1000 miles on my 40th:

It rides a bit rougher on rough roads, but not much.

For some reason unknown to me the car is easier to start off from a dead stop than before. Much less of the stall worry than before.

Definitely handles better in the mountain roads than before. It wasn't bad before but it is now much better and does not exhibit the sideways motion when hitting bumps.

A local freeway exchange with a good size bump that caused the car to hop sideways fairly severely before is not even noticilble now.

The wheel hop is gone.

My wheels must be balanced pretty good cuz mine is smooth as glass.

The Borla's do drone enough to cause me to downshift to fifth at 60 or less on the freeway where I probably should have the gear anyway. Otherwise not too bad and could be a little louder than they are.

The extreme brakes are awesome.

I have had zero problems so far. and It causes quite a commotion when I take it out. :D

I did not opt for the power option and I'm sure that is what most of you are interested in but I thought I give my experience anyway :)

I've put about 1000 miles on my 40th:

It rides a bit rougher on rough roads, but not much.

For some reason unknown to me the car is easier to start off from a dead stop than before. Much less of the stall worry than before.

Definitely handles better in the mountain roads than before. It wasn't bad before but it is now much better and does not exhibit the sideways motion when hitting bumps.

A local freeway exchange with a good size bump that caused the car to hop sideways fairly severely before is not even noticilble now.

The wheel hop is gone.

My wheels must be balanced pretty good cuz mine is smooth as glass.

The Borla's do drone enough to cause me to downshift to fifth at 60 or less on the freeway where I probably should have the gear anyway. Otherwise not too bad and could be a little louder than they are.

The extreme brakes are awesome.

I have had zero problems so far. and It causes quite a commotion when I take it out. :D

I did not opt for the power option and I'm sure that is what most of you are interested in but I thought I give my experience anyway :)

I think the 40th was designed for the above stated reasons. The stock 500 HP is plenty of power, but the car needs to be lowered and handle better. This is a great choice. Congratulations.

Archived