TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAAC sues Caroll Shelby

mrshelby2

Hey Mike, not stirring anything up! Every single time someone new comes to this site and talks about this subject, they get censored or get threaten with getting kicked off the site! Its called FREE SPEECH buddy! I could care less about this crap! I am in it for the cars period! I own vintage Shelby's as well as a new 08 Shelby GT when Bud finally finished it and lets not forget, its a MUSTANG! However, unlike some I have no problem saying it like it is and censorship is B:censored: !! Wannabe's

At the "other" site it appears they are eating their young. BTW, this is a private site, not public, 1st amendment really does not apply! Wannabe, maybe, but certainly don't wannabe involved over there. :hysterical:

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Mike, not stirring anything up! Every single time someone new comes to this site and talks about this subject, they get censored or get threaten with getting kicked off the site! Its called FREE SPEECH buddy! I could care less about this crap! I am in it for the cars period! I own vintage Shelby's as well as a new 08 Shelby GT when Bud finally finished it and lets not forget, its a MUSTANG! However, unlike some I have no problem saying it like it is and censorship is B:censored: !! Wannabe's

That only applies to public situations not a privately owned site. Team Shelby is privately owned

At the "other" site it appears they are eating their young. BTW, this is a private site, not public, 1st amendment really does not apply! Wannabe, maybe, but certainly don't wannabe involved over there. :hysterical:

Beat me to it.

39 you are right about the new member if a new member or even a member that has been around for a while wants to talk about an issue that is already been covered we should allow him to say how he feels and not be censored and critized as long as the questions are civil this should not be an issue, even if the issue has already been covered.

As I have stated before, I will not censor peoples posts on these issues as long as they are done civil and not harassing then there post will stand I also ask the rest of the Moderators to do the same.

i will not allow any one to harass another member or directly insult another member

Sharon

But anyone can post here, just sign up.

Yes certainly, but just like an newspaper there is an editor to oversee the product. If the owners of this site do not wish us to discuss new plumbing fixtures, they could include that in their terms of service agreement and bar us from doing so. This is not a forum for total uncensored free speech. For that you need a :soapbox:

Butt Sniffer. :hysterical:

Life is too short to get in the middle of these things.

I don't have a clue what all this SAAC VS Carroll is all about, probably money like everything else. I don't really care. Some people just need to get a life and move on in some areas of life.

I guess this forum is owed by a small group of people, it is up to them to say what goes and what doesn't.

If I invited a bunch of friends over to watch TV or do something, I would think they would have enough sense to abide by my rules while in my house...nothing different in here.

Agreed, leave it at that :headspin:

Sharon,

I think it will help all the new members if You create a "C.S. / SAAC Info" topic right at the very top of the Forum Home Page.

Amy could post a message with her intent not to comment because of ongoing legal matters.

You could post a message with Team Shelby's Forum policy on abusive posts, personal attacks, etc. particularly related to this topic.

With enough basic background information, maybe the new members won't feel like they need to ask "The Dead Horse Question"...

and anyone whose already tried to answer the topic, won't feel compelled to respond in an overly emphatic reply.

Then let 'em have it...

Keith

NO problem 39. i just dont think folks are censored here. i told sharon that im leaving the topic alone from now one. i want to talk about cars and almost anything related to them. this topic ALWAYS turns bad and as long as the folks are passionate about the subject it always will. i DONT have a dog in this fight so i will be on here talking about cars. so look me up and we can talk old, new, classic or whatever else im game :happy feet:

michael morris

NO problem 39. i just dont think folks are censored here. i told sharon that im leaving the topic alone from now one. i want to talk about cars and almost anything related to them. this topic ALWAYS turns bad and as long as the folks are passionate about the subject it always will. i DONT have a dog in this fight so i will be on here talking about cars. so look me up and we can talk old, new, classic or whatever else im game :happy feet:

michael morris

+1

I went over to the SAAC forums for the first time in awhile and see pretty much nothing but this all consuming hate buy a few people and I REALLY mean a "few"! There are only 704 accounts registered with 367 of them never having posted anything.

I was also surprised that there are less than 4000 posts in the entire forum and perhaps I should be less surprised that half of them are posted by the top 10 posters, three of whom are Admins or Moderators. In fact once you get past the Top 90 posters the post counts by member drop to the single digits.

Seems to me anyone wanting to bash CS rather than talk about the cars would be very welcome there! As for me after reading the garbage over there I too will no longer comment on this situation and I would strongly encourage others to do the same. People come in here flame bait and that's all. If you just ignore them they pack up and go home.

Please let's not let this forum turn into what the SAAC forum looks like...all hate, no cars.

+1

I went over to the SAAC forums for the first time in awhile and see pretty much nothing but this all consuming hate buy a few people and I REALLY mean a "few"! There are only 704 accounts registered with 367 of them never having posted anything.

I was also surprised that there are less than 4000 posts in the entire forum and perhaps I should be less surprised that half of them are posted by the top 10 posters, three of whom are Admins or Moderators. In fact once you get past the Top 90 posters the post counts by member drop to the single digits.

Seems to me anyone wanting to bash CS rather than talk about the cars would be very welcome there! As for me after reading the garbage over there I too will no longer comment on this situation and I would strongly encourage others to do the same. People come in here flame bait and that's all. If you just ignore them they pack up and go home.

Please let's not let this forum turn into what the SAAC forum looks like...all hate, no cars.

You know, it is a shame, The hate will ruin the hobby, "all of the hobby" we have averaged 20-40 new members a day and they all say it because of the hate mongering, we are rounding on 1900 Team Shelby members. We lost 2 members so far. Even with the new members this will leave an affect on the hobby.

This hate will kill them and they will blame me personally. They can't believe that Carroll could be so upset. They knew he was upset for years and they ignored it. How can you know some one so well, for so long and not know he is mad.He has seen the childish posts, he has seen the childish pictures, just makes him angry more determined that this group does not represent his brand in any way. They think it's me, Looks like they misjudged him again....it will be an opener for sure.

Amy

You know, it is a shame, The hate will ruin the hobby, "all of the hobby" we have averaged 20-40 new members a day and they all say it because of the hate mongering, we are rounding on 1900 Team Shelby members. We lost 2 members so far. Even with the new members this will leave an affect on the hobby.

This hate will kill them and they will blame me personally. They can't believe that Carroll could be so upset. They knew he was upset for years and they ignored it. How can you know some one so well, for so long and not know he is upset. He has seen the posts, just makes him angry and more angry. They think it's me, Well it will be an opener for sure.

Amy

I will say this again, they should have picked up the phone.

Amy

You should never take it personally. They are looking for someone to blame, and cannot believe they may need to look within. Most of them must not understand the need for SAI as a business to build a new enthusiast base around the new cars while maintaining the history and legacy of CS. Cheer up, the future of SAI is bright and we have a lot of fun to look forward to. :headspin:

Rick M

Amy

You should never take it personally. They are looking for someone to blame, and cannot believe they may need to look within. Most of them must not understand the need for SAI as a business to build a new enthusiast base around the new cars while maintaining the history and legacy of CS. Cheer up, the future of SAI is bright and we have a lot of fun to look forward to. :headspin:

Rick M

thanks Rick, you're right, we are moving on ................... this all takes up too much time, time not spent on fun stuff :headspin::headspin:

Lot's of people in the past have stirred up crap on this. We are wore out on it. Many heated discussions and hurt feelings. Many closed threads due to personal attacks. Yes I am tired of this topic.

No need to call us stupid or ego heads. You could go over to the SAAC forums and find a ton of info and hate on the subject if you want.

We just want to enjoy the cars and not deal with the hate.

Hey Grabber, when I typed www.SAACFORUMS.com in like you advised, it redirects me to TEAMSHELBY.com !! for a bunch of people claiming that they are not in this, why on February 2nd, 2008 did TEAM SHELBY site owners Robert and Sharon Warner Buy the domain name www.SAACFORUMS.com and then make a redirection to TEAMSHELBY.com ?? seems like they enjoy the Hate by giving people more reasons to hate them! Contrary to popular belief around here, SAAC has stated numerous times that TEAM SHELBY Members are not their enemy[/color]. they are unhappy with CARROLL and a few folks that work for him. Maybe Robert and Sharon Warner felt it necessary to be added to the list of the "Disliked by SAAC" crowd so they could feel included when in the company of the esteemed few that there reallly are. [/size]

Hey Grabber, when I typed www.SAACFORUMS.com in like you advised, it redirects me to TEAMSHELBY.com !! for a bunch of people claiming that they are not in this, why on February 2nd, 2008 did TEAM SHELBY site owners Robert and Sharon Warner Buy the domain name www.SAACFORUMS.com and then make a redirection to TEAMSHELBY.com ?? seems like they enjoy the Hate by giving people more reasons to hate them! Contrary to popular belief around here, SAAC has stated numerous times that TEAM SHELBY Members are not their enemy[/color]. they are unhappy with CARROLL and a few folks that work for him. Maybe Robert and Sharon Warner felt it necessary to be added to the list of the "Disliked by SAAC" crowd so they could feel included when in the company of the esteemed few that there reallly are. [/size]

ive been around long enough to know that their are 2 sides to every story..like i have said in the past..when this all shakes out and the truth is known i will do either 2 things..buy a camaro and leave the mustang hobby for good or support those that fought on the right side..ill stay neutral until the truth emerges..heck..i want a new truck anyhow so at this point i could really give a crap if saac or team shelby looses their butt in this utterly stupid and asnine legal fight...like this does the cars any good...chevy and mopar guys are loving this

This hate will kill them and they will blame me personally. They can't believe that Carroll could be so upset. They knew he was upset for years and they ignored it. How can you know some one so well, for so long and not know he is mad.He has seen the childish posts, he has seen the childish pictures, just makes him angry more determined that this group does not represent his brand in any way. They think it's me, Looks like they misjudged him again....it will be an opener for sure.

Amy

You're a class act, Amy. Hang in there. This will all blow over in time. I just hope it doesn't take too many casualties along the way.

PS: I was at SAI on Monday (Feb 4). Great tour...spent way too much money in the store. I was kinda hoping to see you. At least I got some Pretzel representation on the signing wall.

Amy

Hey Amy,

This is one discussion I have tried to stay out of. Personally, I dont think ANYONE has ALL of the facts from both sides. This will all clear itself up over time. And YOU of all people are not to blame in any way shape or form. Any post on this topic I have seen by you has been nothing but positive - trying to get the naysayers to curb their hatred and focus on what this forum is all about - the CARS.

Someone once said - there has never been a statue erected of a critic. Not sure in words how to show that the saying fits here, but I think it does. Those that continue to bash one side or the other simply have nothing more important to do with their time. Like I tell my kids - ignore them; focus on the important things in life.

Caroll Shelby is a great man, and has done a LOT for the automotive industry; given a great deal of his time, effort and money. He will go down in history as one of the greats in motorsports. I am not personally a Shelby owner (only cause I cant afford one) - but do believe in the man behind all of this.

That said - can we all get back to the important topic at hand - THE CARS

Page

Hello DW . . . your font and choice of colors gives you away. ;)

By the way, you yourself have stated many times that you are either "with us" or "against us" and this is "war." Great - keep the battlefield on your own forums so the people who enjoy their cars can continue to do so over here.

Mike

It's really sad what's going on over on the SAAC forum site.

Here's a quote from that sick bunch talking deriding Carroll Shelby:

"...take the gloves off and quit being so kind. The guy is a Frigging Maggot!"

Nice words referring to CS, huh? And that by a senior member and Site Admisitrator!

They act like Carroll Shelby/Licensing doesn't have a right to withdraw licensing from anyone who steals his Intellectual Property for financial gain. What are they thinking? I think they're drinking too much of the post-4902-1202415583.gif. :hysterical:

There's just too much hate over there.

Amy, you guys rock! Don't let their crap get to you. Carroll should not have to endure such nonsense at this point in his life. He should have shut them down when the first became intransigent to good will and sweetheart licensing deal. Now all that can be done is rely on the legal process for vindication. I admire your attitude!

Dan

post-4902-1202415583.gif

Hello DW . . . your font and choice of colors gives you away. ;)

By the way, you yourself have stated many times that you are either "with us" or "against us" and this is "war." Great - keep the battlefield on your own forums so the people who enjoy their cars can continue to do so over here.

Mike

Thanks for the advice Mike, maybe you ought not view this particular thread if it offends you. nothing about cars to enjoy. I did however post a Valid question that has gone unanswered. :snake: lighten up and enjoy the day. I see happier times around the bend!

Thanks for the advice Mike, maybe you ought not view this particular thread if it offends you. nothing about cars to enjoy. I did however post a Valid question that has gone unanswered. :snake: lighten up and enjoy the day. I see happier times around the bend!

I think your expectations of an answer to a "valid" question are misplaced when those with the answers (1) know you are just here to stir up trouble and (2) are not obligated to respond publicly to your accusations of impropriety. Or was it an accident that you posted your "valid" question under a different login?

The Hearts of Men!

:shift:

I've sat her for an hour reading this entire series of posts! Yikes!

The strangest thing happened to me two weeks ago. I attended my first regional SAAC meeting. Great group of guys/gals. THEN I was invited to share my wonderful experience of attending the 85th Birthday Bash of Mr. Shelby!

I even brought along a commemorative baseball cap, a 1/64th die cast car....and a couple membership application kits to Team Shelby!

:doh:

Oh my! Let's just say that the ensuing conversation around the large table got a little "passionate!" All I could say was, "well, I'm a Shelby newbie. I briefly shook hands with Amy B., and I think that the future of SAI is in great hands. For those who have not visited SAI's place in Vegas - you really have to make plans to go! New Shelby's and a museum of awesome vintage Shelby's and Cobra cars!"

Then I went and hid in the corner until the meeting concluded.

Again, these guys/gals are a great bunch! And after listening to several comments/opinions, I came to realize that they were quite uninformed on many fronts. They (this particular regional group of SAAC) are also wondering if they will have to cease meeting...in fear that holding an "SAAC" meeting may be illegal (due to the pending legal case).....etc. etc.

I find it a shame, really. I sit and wonder if there is ANYTHING SAI and Amy could possibly do to extend an olive branch to the many regional/local "chapters" - but after reading tonight and thinking on the matter - I suppose this situation has to work itself out over time.

I can tell you however that several members of this SAAC chapter have joined Team Shelby! This is very important: To this, I believe it imperative that we Team Shelby members make every effort to behave like professionals/adults. That we strive to be welcoming, inviting, friendly and kind.

We owe it to Mr. Shelby. And I think we owe it to Amy and her team as they struggle through these times.

After all.....Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

The Shadow Knows!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.....hey! a new name/package possibility? "The 2009 Shelby Shadow GT350" - sounds sort of "stealth-like" don't ya think!

The Hearts of Men!

The strangest thing happened to me two weeks ago. I attended my first regional SAAC meeting. Great group of guys/gals. THEN I was invited to share my wonderful experience of attending the 85th Birthday Bash of Mr. Shelby!

I even brought along a commemorative baseball cap, a 1/64th die cast car....and a couple membership application kits to Team Shelby!

Oh my! Let's just say that the ensuing conversation around the large table got a little "passionate!" All I could say was, "well, I'm a Shelby newbie. I briefly shook hands with Amy B., and I think that the future of SAI is in great hands. For those who have not visited SAI's place in Vegas - you really have to make plans to go! New Shelby's and a museum of awesome vintage Shelby's and Cobra cars!"

Again, these guys/gals are a great bunch! And after listening to several comments/opinions, I came to realize that they were quite uninformed on many fronts. They (this particular regional group of SAAC) are also wondering if they will have to cease meeting...in fear that holding an "SAAC" meeting may be illegal (due to the pending legal case).....etc. etc.

I find it a shame, really. I sit and wonder if there is ANYTHING SAI and Amy could possibly do to extend an olive branch to the many regional/local "chapters" - but after reading tonight and thinking on the matter - I suppose this situation has to work itself out over time.

I can tell you however that several members of this SAAC chapter have joined Team Shelby! This is very important: To this, I believe it imperative that we Team Shelby members make every effort to behave like professionals/adults. That we strive to be welcoming, inviting, friendly and kind.

We owe it to Mr. Shelby. And I think we owe it to Amy and her team as they struggle through these times.

The Shadow Knows!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.....hey! a new name/package possibility? "The 2009 Shelby Shadow GT350" - sounds sort of "stealth-like" don't ya think!

Great post with great advice!

++++ 1

The Hearts of Men!

The Shadow Knows!

Well said!!

David, we would prefer you don't post here. You can keep changing your ids and posting, but we don't want you here. It isn't going to help to bring the nasty crap here and we won't allow it, I do find it odd that you always tout how we delete posts, I saw you deleted the "evil" thread on your site , after Bob Gaines got nasty with you all. How sad when a member of saac for 100 years and a concourse Judge , yet he felt the need to quit.

And that will be the downfall, your eating your own.....

Amy

A guy with a '68 fastback can't be wrong (even if it isn't a GT 350 / 500). Someone earlier noted that most SAAC members are probably like most TS members and are really not interested in the blame game. Most of the nastiness on the various forums comes from a select few who claim to speak for "all SAAC members." I'm glad to see that you've been able to connect with some of the more level-headed masses who aren't interested in who is suing who over what and probably think that many of the insulting comments directed at Shelby or SAI are childish and unproductive.

Archived