TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer Lottery for 2nd round scheduling

sbornitz

I heard that Ford expects to complete all the first round SVT, PA & PL orders by the end of August. At that time they will start building the non-SVT orders. Can anyone in the know confirm this?

We just got our 2nd GT500 order pulled and have the VIN # for it now. Our 1st GT500 was built on June 12th and has been delivered to the customer already. Our 2nd GT500 is scheduled to be built the week of August 28th so we should have it here by mid-September. This leads me to believe that all of the first round cars should be built and shipped before the last week of August.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My,"one car only dealer" had said I probably won't see my car until the end of the year.

I don't know how he could say that in June when the pull won't be decided until what, August 15th? The lottery in Vegas.

Is there even any booklets about the car in dealers yet? Will there ever be?

Ford should be handing out valium to us at the very least.

So is this lottery thing still supposedly happening tomorrow? I've been on hold for placing my actual order for weeks now. I'm not worried that it will happen due to the nature of my contact at the dealership. I think they have just been waiting to call me back because they are waiting to see where they will fall in the lottery allotment.

So is this lottery thing still supposedly happening tomorrow? I've been on hold for placing my actual order for weeks now. I'm not worried that it will happen due to the nature of my contact at the dealership. I think they have just been waiting to call me back because they are waiting to see where they will fall in the lottery allotment.

THERE IS NO LOTTERY GUYS! They had a drawing for about 8 cars at the dealer intro show last week but that was it. No other lottery is out there.

Guest evilchris

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Aug 14 2006, 05:55 PM) 35176[/snapback]

There is no lottery. Who made up this rumor?

Dealers, the prime source of misinformation.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Aug 14 2006, 07:55 PM) 35176[/snapback]

My dealer told me that his regional rep told him that the small town dealers would be scheduled by lottery.

So what we have seen in a letter that someone else posted here regarding two waves of scheduling how is it determined who gets scheduled when?

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Aug 14 2006, 07:55 PM) 35176[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

My dealer told me that his regional rep told him that the small town dealers would be scheduled by lottery.

So what we have seen in a letter that someone else posted here regarding two waves of scheduling how is it determined who gets scheduled when?

I can confirm having read the note to select dealers stating the the select dealers would be allocated 20% of available production and that the order of build would be determined by monthly lottery. No details on exactly when or how the lottery would be conducted. I inferred from the note that it would be a random selection of those orders by the order processing system.

I am still more than a little upset that the select dealers are all now compeating for only 20% of available production while larger dealers are getting thier 3 or 4th cars. No word on a production date for my March 13th order either. This is fair how?

Wow. Looks like I may be out of my contract if that is indeed the allocation for one car dealers. That is just plain wrong. Talk about biased business practice. Just when you think it can't get any worse, it does. 20%? If that is the case there will be allocations for 2007's being shipped when 2008's are being delivered. Something smells like fish.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Aug 14 2006, 05:55 PM) 35176[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Dealers, the prime source of misinformation.

Actually, I first got this information from this website, not a dealer. Now, those discussing it may have heard it from dealers at some point, but it has been propogated by members here just as much. More info follows, but it seems there needs to be some clarity given... my impression is that the lottery is for build order not whether a particular dealer is getting GT500(s). They should already know the latter.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Aug 14 2006, 07:55 PM) 35176[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I can confirm having read the note to select dealers stating the the select dealers would be allocated 20% of available production and that the order of build would be determined by monthly lottery. No details on exactly when or how the lottery would be conducted. I inferred from the note that it would be a random selection of those orders by the order processing system.

The two above quotes are the lottery I was referring to in my question yesterday... there is supposed to be some sort of lottery process at some point to determine the order in which dealerships get the remaining portion of their GT500 allotment (I guess this is the "Share of the Nation" portion, but that is just a guess. I'm not in the know... can someone in the know confirm that?). The reason I was thinking this is my hookup to buy my GT500 said I would be able to place my order once they know their place in the order sequence which would be determined by lottery. This person is a good friend and is one of the partner owners of the dealership so I consider it a good source. When I talk to her again, i'll try to get more details. Basically, at this point I have not been pushing for information because she has been kind enough to arrange this purchase for me. Figure it would happen when it happens. All I know is that I'm getting their Share of the Nation car and it will be an '07 GT500. When that actually occurs is anyone's guess at this point.

I spoke with the regional ford representative today. I was told that there is no lottery. The only lottery was as someone mentioned in another post, at the dealer convention in vegas last weekend, there were raffles and a lottery for 8 cars.

So if your like me, in with a small one car dealer, hang on. It could be a looooong wait. And like I said earlier and was agreed with by the rep, worst case scenerio the first round of the 2008 model car orders could see the car before us.

This is iron clad info from a reputable ford zone rep.

I spoke with the regional ford representative today. I was told that there is no lottery. The only lottery was as someone mentioned in another post, at the dealer convention in vegas last weekend, there were raffles and a lottery for 8 cars.

So if your like me, in with a small one car dealer, hang on. It could be a looooong wait. And like I said earlier and was agreed with by the rep, worst case scenerio the first round of the 2008 model car orders could see the car before us.

I can`t believe for one second this could happen. 2007 model to end production in May/07 & 2008 to start June/07?????????????

If this is true :fan: then how could we be getting a 2007? Once they start producting 08's are they not officially done producing 07's for that model? Just question.

The low production numbers talked about from time to time are true numbers. This would make this a possible reality. And the fact that power lease,presidents cup,full line svt and single svt dealers could get their cars first based on size and market power (this is the allocation order). So the question is will the little guy get squeezed like this? It could happen.

I posted this several times...it was overlooked...I'm just another nobody with info from a Ford Rep? :headscratch:

I seem to remember reading that info about 2 months ago somewhere on this site. a giveaway of a few cars that would be for those who attended the meeting in vegas.

I seem to remember reading that info about 2 months ago somewhere on this site. a giveaway of a few cars that would be for those who attended the meeting in vegas.

Here is the actual text of the message to Select Dealers in a memo, cut and paste:

Question: Has been asked on "Shelby Mustang scheduling, when do I get mine scheduled.???

The Selects have completed scheduling of the 2005 President award winners-Shelby. Now, step #2 is scheduling

SVT-Focus Dealers--which will start happening in the next 2-3 weeks. We only schedule..Shelby once a month.

Step #3, start up on the everyone else, but--all dealerships will be put into a drawing--names will be selected out

From Detriot and scheduled: Then, who ever didn't get one scheduled during that month. Opportunity the following

Month, and so on. Luck of the draw. The, they would start on the 2nd. (depending on production).

So, there is no lottery. Its by drawing. Happy? The memo was dated early July so is old news and should be underway by this point.

Point remains,

Has ANYONE from a single allocatoin dealer gotten scheduled or a VIN yet? A single instance? It appears that there are MANY with orders dating back to March like mine that are still unscheduled with other dealers getting delivery of 3rd and 4th units and orders placed much later or even recently. Why has Ford decided that our orders are unimportant and decided not to build the cars for which we have hard money deposits placed? This has gone on far too long and needs to be rectified.

Here is the actual text of the message to Select Dealers in a memo, cut and paste:

Question: Has been asked on "Shelby Mustang scheduling, when do I get mine scheduled.???

The Selects have completed scheduling of the 2005 President award winners-Shelby. Now, step #2 is scheduling

SVT-Focus Dealers--which will start happening in the next 2-3 weeks. We only schedule..Shelby once a month.

Step #3, start up on the everyone else, but--all dealerships will be put into a drawing--names will be selected out

From Detriot and scheduled: Then, who ever didn't get one scheduled during that month. Opportunity the following

Month, and so on. Luck of the draw. The, they would start on the 2nd. (depending on production).

So, there is no lottery. Its by drawing. Happy? The memo was dated early July so is old news and should be underway by this point.

Point remains,

Has ANYONE from a single allocatoin dealer gotten scheduled or a VIN yet? A single instance? It appears that there are MANY with orders dating back to March like mine that are still unscheduled with other dealers getting delivery of 3rd and 4th units and orders placed much later or even recently. Why has Ford decided that our orders are unimportant and decided not to build the cars for which we have hard money deposits placed? This has gone on far too long and needs to be rectified.

I have a VIN. my dealer is non-SVT, non-presidents, and not an SVT focus dealer. they are getting one Shelby (mine).... small dealership in Boulder, CO. My VIN arrived about 2 weeks ago.

I have a VIN. my dealer is non-SVT, non-presidents, and not an SVT focus dealer. they are getting one Shelby (mine).... small dealership in Boulder, CO. My VIN arrived about 2 weeks ago.

Well BoneDoc that is encouraging news. I still wait for mine and don't have my hopes up that mine will be assigned soon but there is always hope.

I would appreciate anyone else posting when from 1 car dealerships when they get their VINs as well. Looks like these are the only data points we can read to give us insight.

Congrats, BoneDoc!!! Finally a little progress from non-SVT dealers. That's excellent news. It gives me a little ray of hope that I might see my car sometime before the turn of the century.

:happy feet:

If you open your eye's, you will read reference was made to the earlier post.

Point remains,

Whatever your serving here is just plain bogus. For one, it is NOT the order of pulls from ford. Period. This can be verified by isellford or 5ohb.

The rep also told me that there are position swaps taking place between dealers.

Congrats on your order. I can only hope as many of us that we have the same luck before the end of the MY comes.

Point remains,

Thanks jcthorne for posting that info. My dealer still is calling it a lottery as of today & says he has no knowledge of this letter that was sent out. They were a Ford Focus dealer who signed up to be a Shelby dealer & they said they were told they would get only 2 cars for 2007. Guy #1 just ordered his car 3 weeks ago but they have yet to give him a DORA or a vin number yet. So he doesn't even know when he will get it & if they ordered it correctly. I'm #2 on the list & they keep saying my car is in a lottery & they have NO idea when I will be able to order it....so I just :censored::rant: each day because their is nothing I can do or anyone I can call at ford to get some :censored: answers as to what the hell is going on with this dealership. I've even tried going to other stealerships only to get laughed at when asking about the car. guess it's time for more beer to drown my sarrows :party:

Whatever your serving here is just plain bogus. For one, it is NOT the order of pulls from ford. Period. This can be verified by isellford or 5ohb.

Well if you think the info is bogus, I guess you are entitled to your opinion but was copied and pasted from a memo to my selling dealer back the end of june or early july. If this is not how the build dates are being scheduled, I can believe that. Would it be the first time Ford said one thing and did another?

The information may indeed be useless with regard to the real world, but is legit in its origin.

Guys,

JC is just trying to help out and provide the info he was given by his rep, and I can't think of any reason someone also waiting for their car would intentionally drop bad info on this forum. He's in the same boat we're in, and just trying to help everyone else out by posting what he has been told.

Cut him a break, and let's all chill and go have a beer! :party:

Mike.

Guys,

JC is just trying to help out and provide the info he was given by his rep, and I can't think of any reason someone also waiting for their car would intentionally drop bad info on this forum. He's in the same boat we're in, and just trying to help everyone else out by posting what he has been told.

Cut him a break, and let's all chill and go have a beer! :party:

Mike.

+1

I know a lot of rumors and speculation can be frustrating at times, but I'd rather people post what they hear than post nothing at all. Most rumors have at least some basis in fact.

And on that note, I'm going to skip out of work and go to the Rockies game. :party:

Agreed. I am posting a fact about a post here. If the poster is claiming I'm entitled to my opinion,meaning my post is my own,"speculation",

I'm going to substantiate my point, by validating it's substance.

No intent to be negative, just trying to get the truth across with some conviction,which most times is easier said then done.

Agreed. I am posting a fact about a post here. If the poster is claiming I'm entitled to my opinion,meaning my post is my own,"speculation",

I'm going to substantiate my point, by validating it's substance.

No intent to be negative, just trying to get the truth across with some conviction,which most times is easier said then done.

I don't think anyone does not appreciate input either way... I think the fact of the matter here is there is conflicting information coming from Ford (at various levels).

The info I was given also contradicts 442forever's info. In my case, the info comes from the owner (not mgr) of the dealership who has nothing to gain by giving me incorrect info. This person was a friend long before I decided I wanted to try to get a Shelby and took it on herself to hook me up when she found out I was intereste in one. She has been giving me information as she finds out and said quite plainly to me the reason for the holdup on taking my order information is that her dealership could not actually place the order until it was determined when they would receive their allotment and that this delivery 'order' was being determined by some drawing/lottery process. My intuition was to figure this was for the 'share of the nation' cars since some SVT and President's dealerships have already had more than one.

Not sure what is right at this point. All I can say for sure is my order still has not been taken because the dealership my friend is part owner of hasn't been told when they will receive their GT500.

Tell you what... if this is the best distribution of information Ford can manage, I'll soon be looking to order an '08 Hemi Challenger or '09 Nissan GT-R. If that happens, Ford can expect I'll never buy *any* of their products in the future. This has to be the worst new model rollout I've ever experienced for a car or any product. :wacko:

Archived