TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT still in the shop

carnut

I haven't been doing a lot of driving on my GT. I bought it a few weeks ago with 9,000 miles on. Got a really good deal. After I took delivery, I had a 2nd gear grinding issue, a tempermental oil pressure gage and no climate control heat. So I put my list together and took it to my friendly Ford dealer.

The shift cable has been replaced, still an issue, new transaxle on its way :waiting:

Checked gage, Ford says replace the oil pump :waiting:

Changed the ac control heat, heat now works. :happy feet:

Not a whimper out of Ford, the dealership has been gracious and I am completely happy so far. It is warranty work. :happy feet:

Good thing I have I my GT500, so I still get my fix.

I read so many stories of people who are unhappy with their dealership or Ford. This is a good story that also needs to be heard.

Does yours have the transaxle cooler?

Glad to hear that they are taking care of you.

No, no transmission cooler. From what I have read, they are a must if you plan on excercising the car much. Apparently they will puke a little fluid under certain spirited conditions.

Yeah, they have been great. I was expecting some balking at a $14,000 trans-axle, but again, with over 30 new Fords over the years, I have never had Ford or this dealership give me hard time.

Thanks Ford.

• 2 weeks later...

Note to self: find a good reason to get lost in the southwest sometime and pretend car is broken ...then :idea: tell wifey the only place that can help us is the infamous "No Snivelling" garage just outside Phoenix :bandance: :) :happy feet: Have car towed there. See F-GT while car is being 'repaired.' :spiteful::)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived