TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Fest 08'

JeffIsHereToo

We'll need to keep up on the weather situation. If it's going to be rain I won't be going. I love you guys and all but I've done the car show thing in rain and it's not fun let alone driving 6-7 hours for the privilege. I'll be keeping an eye out for sure and keeping my fingers crossed. It's already changed from rain, to sun, than back to rain. So we'll see!

More than just rain on that weekend, the area is having flood issues. I watched some detail on the Weather Channel this AM, and the Mississippi and the Misouri rivers are at flood stage now, and Hermann is on the Misouri. Rain aside, melting snow from up north (Minnesdota, Iowa) is flowing south into the Mississippi. We may have a dry sunny forecast by the weekend, but that won't mean we won't have concerns to keep an eye on.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are all going to cancel if rain? Larry, what time at Rochelle? sTEVE

There is a time frame to cancel reservations. My paperwork says there is a deadline of 12 noon on the day before (April 17), and there is a 25.00 charge. If you cancel after this deadline, you pay the 25.00, plus a penalty of one night's room rate. This is pretty steep in my experience, my favorite hotel is a Hampton Inn, and they never charged me anything to cancel.

We may have a valid excuse to avoid these fees, and that would be the area getting shut down by flood warnings. Something to think about anyway...

I callled the Baymont to check out the "what-if" if the area gets shut down due to flooding. The represenative (Monica) was off, but I left a voice mail. I expect an answer tomorrow, and I'll keep y'all posted.

Are all going to cancel if rain? Larry, what time at Rochelle? sTEVE

I'm planning on going, Steve. 9:45-10 @ Rochelle should put us in Bloomington in plenty of time. Hermann is on a bluff overlooking the river, I don't think flooding should be a problem for that. I've been watching the forecast, but I really want to hit this thing. Not sure that I'll cancel unless its really severe weather.

Just looked at 10 day forecast again-40% chance of scattered t-storms FRI, 30% chance of scattered showers Sat 72 degrees. I'm still on

Keep up to date on flood conditions here...

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/lsx/

Also...Monica, the manager of the Baymont, called me back just a while ago. I explained our concerns about cancellation due to weather and she completely understood. She said there will be no charge for cancellation, up until 6 PM of the first day of your registration. Great news, but...As you may expect, "Murphy" stuck his nose in the door.

If you booked your reservation on-line (as I did) through the link provided on the ShelbyFest home page, you booked through a third party and not the Baymont directly. The policy of a 25.00 cancellation fee, and a possible one night @ the regular room rate, is the policy of the third party and not under the administrative control of the Baymont. Monica said I need to call them and find out if there is an escape clause due to the weather. She offered her assistance if there is a problem, but I have to call first.

Keep y'all posted.

If you booked your reservation on-line (as I did) through the link provided on the ShelbyFest home page, you booked through a third party and not the Baymont directly. The policy of a 25.00 cancellation fee, and a possible one night @ the regular room rate, is the policy of the third party and not under the administrative control of the Baymont. Monica said I need to call them and find out if there is an escape clause due to the weather. She offered her assistance if there is a problem, but I have to call first.

Keep y'all posted.

I thought I booked through the link, which took me to Tons of Hotels and they told me there is no cancellation fee if I cancel by 6PM on the the day of my arrival the 18th.

FYI!

I thought I booked through the link, which took me to Tons of Hotels and they told me there is no cancellation fee if I cancel by 6PM on the the day of my arrival the 18th.

FYI!

This is from the online registration:

If you change or cancel this reservation prior to 12 noon local hotel time on Friday, April 18, 2008 will be charged a 25.00 USD fee. If you change or cancel this reservation after 12 noon local hotel time on Friday, April 18, 2008 you will be charged an additional penalty of 1 night(s) room rate plus tax. No refunds for unused nights, including those resulting from delayed check-in or early check-out, will be given.

============================

So a $25 cancellation fee does apply AND if you cancel after 12 noon the day before you are due to check in they can charge one nights stay. So to avoid that you need to cancel before noon the day before you are due to arrive.

The above dates reflect booking a room for Sat night the 19th at the Baymont Inn.

Well...We have conflicting information now. I booked through TonsOfHotels too, and my print-out says the opposite. It says I have until 12 noon on the 17th to cancel, and there is a 25.00 fee at that time. If I miss this deadline, I will be charged 25.00 AND one night's stay @ regular room rate.

Plus...I just got off the phone with TonsOfHotels customer service, and the agent said the same thing as my print-out, so, I asked for a supervisor. I got one, and she agree that if the weather should turn sour, there would be no charge up until check in time on the 18th. However, she repeated the policy as stated above, if the weather is not the cause.

Sounds like a crap shoot, at least the hotel manager is on our side. Besides, I don't favor cancellation anyway. I won't see any refund from ShelbyFest, and that was 250.00. Just have to wait and see...

Well...We have conflicting information now. I booked through TonsOfHotels too, and my print-out says the opposite. It says I have until 12 noon on the 17th to cancel, and there is a 25.00 fee at that time. If I miss this deadline, I will be charged 25.00 AND one night's stay @ regular room rate.

Plus...I just got off the phone with TonsOfHotels customer service, and the agent said the same thing as my print-out, so, I asked for a supervisor. I got one, and she agree that if the weather should turn sour, there would be no charge up until check in time on the 18th. However, she repeated the policy as stated above, if the weather is not the cause.

Sounds like a crap shoot, at least the hotel manager is on our side. Besides, I don't favor cancellation anyway. I won't see any refund from ShelbyFest, and that was 250.00. Just have to wait and see...

The 17th cancellation is if you booked for Friday the 18th.

The 18th date showing in my post is if you booked for Sat the 19th.

Mine may be a day of decision based on the weather but I would like to meet up with you guys in Bloomington at the Ford dealership. I think it will be cool to see several Shelby's on the road together. Did you all say about 1pm meet up time? Dave

Keep up to date on flood conditions here...

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/lsx/

Also...Monica, the manager of the Baymont, called me back just a while ago. I explained our concerns about cancellation due to weather and she completely understood. She said there will be no charge for cancellation, up until 6 PM of the first day of your registration. Great news, but...As you may expect, "Murphy" stuck his nose in the door.

Keep y'all posted.

the river stage at hermann is projected to be well below flood stage

link

the river stage at hermann is projected to be well below flood stage

link

Thank you.

However, it's not "Hermann" on my mind. It's the areas between Springfield, IL., St. Louis, MO. and then Hermann, Mo. that concern me. Getting to points A, B, and C., and back again.

You have to be a freaking meterologist to figure it out, and I'm not that. I'm just using the Internet to keep an eye on things as best I can.

Just this past Sunday, I drove 85 miles to a local track to race my SGT. The weather forecast spelled a perfect race day, and it was a great drive out there. But, the track was closed anyway, because of the storm activity in the previous 24 hours, so, anything can happen. "Murphy" follows me, he gets his mail here...

Thank you.

However, it's not "Hermann" on my mind. It's the areas between Springfield, IL., St. Louis, MO. and then Hermann, Mo. that concern me. Getting to points A, B, and C., and back again.

You have to be a freaking meterologist to figure it out, and I'm not that. I'm just using the Internet to keep an eye on things as best I can.

Just this past Sunday, I drove 85 miles to a local track to race my SGT. The weather forecast spelled a perfect race day, and it was a great drive out there. But, the track was closed anyway, because of the storm activity in the previous 24 hours, so, anything can happen. "Murphy" follows me, he gets his mail here...

I hear you on the weather pain :censored:

I really don't think the major roads thru st. louis to hermann will face any flooding issues, but there may be a shower or two at hermann on sat. It does not sound like an all day rain however. Hope you can make it.

john

FYI!

Jeff, you had me worried so I went back and looked at my registration through TonsofHotels.com for the Baymont Inn and it says that I have until 6 pm the day of the reservation to cancel with no charge. Just fyi.

Mine may be a day of decision based on the weather but I would like to meet up with you guys in Bloomington at the Ford dealership. I think it will be cool to see several Shelby's on the road together. Did you all say about 1pm meet up time? Dave

Dave-that's the plan, about 1pm is our target time. I just looked at my weather and it said 405 chance of scattered t-storms Fri, 30% Sat for scattered showers. Larry

This is from the online registration:

If you change or cancel this reservation prior to 12 noon local hotel time on Friday, April 18, 2008 will be charged a 25.00 USD fee. If you change or cancel this reservation after 12 noon local hotel time on Friday, April 18, 2008 you will be charged an additional penalty of 1 night(s) room rate plus tax. No refunds for unused nights, including those resulting from delayed check-in or early check-out, will be given.

============================

So a $25 cancellation fee does apply AND if you cancel after 12 noon the day before you are due to check in they can charge one nights stay. So to avoid that you need to cancel before noon the day before you are due to arrive.

The above dates reflect booking a room for Sat night the 19th at the Baymont Inn.

Strange!

I even called them to confirm, my reservation email says:

"Cancel Policy: Changes to or cancellation of this reservation after 6 PM local hotel time on April 18, 2008 will result in a 100% penalty. If you need to cancel your reservation please click here"

They told me today that as long as I cancel BEFORE 6PM on the 18th there is NO penalty or charge.

????

Morning all, when you guys all get to Baymont, I can take you guys over to Fastlanes, where Dave is there to greet Us, very nice people have dealt with them for awhile, Then on down to Chuck a Burger where they expect us also, The route to them is 1-64, 255 270 route 3 up through alton, all very scenic maybe even a few eagles!!, The roads are straight and can have fun!! You guys can call at 514-5504 cell when you arrive I can drive up and meet you, I live 20 minutes away from where you are staying, I have touched base with LSR and your group will your area about 6:30 am and meet our group at the Burger King across the road from Gateway International Raceway, a few newspaper may show up. We will leave BK at 7:30 sharp to meeat up with another group so plan accordingly, Will go to a lot to be determined to pick them up and head down to herman in true numbers!!! We need to arrive in Herman at no later than 9:00 am as cameras and show starts then. so try and fill up and have all bellies full and ready tohave alot of fun as these routes and this weekend will be a blast!!! See you all soon, Mickey Holmes

P.S pm me if you need anything, I have 2 kids going also, 9 and 13 boys

Morning all, when you guys all get to Baymont, I can take you guys over to Fastlanes, where Dave is there to greet Us, very nice people have dealt with them for awhile, Then on down to Chuck a Burger where they expect us also, The route to them is 1-64, 255 270 route 3 up through alton, all very scenic maybe even a few eagles!!, The roads are straight and can have fun!! You guys can call at 514-5504 cell when you arrive I can drive up and meet you, I live 20 minutes away from where you are staying, I have touched base with LSR and your group will your area about 6:30 am and meet our group at the Burger King across the road from Gateway International Raceway, a few newspaper may show up. We will leave BK at 7:30 sharp to meeat up with another group so plan accordingly, Will go to a lot to be determined to pick them up and head down to herman in true numbers!!! We need to arrive in Herman at no later than 9:00 am as cameras and show starts then. so try and fill up and have all bellies full and ready tohave alot of fun as these routes and this weekend will be a blast!!! See you all soon, Mickey Holmes

P.S pm me if you need anything, I have 2 kids going also, 9 and 13 boys

Thanks for the offer! :D

Be seeing you soon!

More than just rain on that weekend, the area is having flood issues. I watched some detail on the Weather Channel this AM, and the Mississippi and the Misouri rivers are at flood stage now, and Hermann is on the Misouri. Rain aside, melting snow from up north (Minnesdota, Iowa) is flowing south into the Mississippi. We may have a dry sunny forecast by the weekend, but that won't mean we won't have concerns to keep an eye on.

Ok guys-here's the inside scoop. My wife is in St louis for business this week. She rented a car and drove down on Monday-she did not float from Springfield south. She is staying in Fairview Heights (right by Ofallon) and says that the flooding issues are much better than they were 2 weeks ago and that she was able to get back and forth to the west side of St Louis without any issues. Now if the rain will push on out of the forecast, that would be great! Last I saw was 50% chance here Friday and 30% chance there on Saturday.

Ok....just wanted to give my route

1. 94S

2. 294 S

3. 55 S (meet up with Mac at Denny's on Rt 83 10:30-11AM)

4. Meet up at ShelbyDudes dealership (2 hour drive around 1PM)

5. Then exit to get on the small roads to the hotel

I suspect with the rain the drives may take longer than planned due to traffic.

Do we want to start a phone tree?

Ok guys-here's the inside scoop. My wife is in St louis for business this week. She rented a car and drove down on Monday-she did not float from Springfield south. She is staying in Fairview Heights (right by Ofallon) and says that the flooding issues are much better than they were 2 weeks ago and that she was able to get back and forth to the west side of St Louis without any issues. Now if the rain will push on out of the forecast, that would be great! Last I saw was 50% chance here Friday and 30% chance there on Saturday.

update-she made it back too. ARGGH! :hysterical:

Ok....just wanted to give my route

1. 94S

2. 294 S

3. 55 S (meet up with Mac at Denny's on Rt 83 10:30-11AM)

4. Meet up at ShelbyDudes dealership (2 hour drive around 1PM)

5. Then exit to get on the small roads to the hotel

I suspect with the rain the drives may take longer than planned due to traffic.

Do we want to start a phone tree?

My cell phone is 312.401.1396

I'll also have a GMRS "personal" radio on channel 5, no tone. I'll be bring some extra radios if someone needs one.

My route will be Rt. 83 from 111th Street to the Denny's.

Jeff...I'll be getting there a little earlier to get some breakfast. You're welcome to join me.

Safe driving all.

All:

I will not be going. A very close friend of mine lost her battle with cancer last night and her services will be this weekend. I'm sorry I won't be joining all of you but her pain is over and she's at peace now. At 36 her life was all too short and she leaves behind a husband and two and a half year old daughter. I recently held a Ford "Warriors In Pink" house party and she loved riding in the Shelby!

I hope you all have a great time and post lots of pics! I look forward to meeting you all at the next event!

All:

I will not be going. A very close friend of mine lost her battle with cancer last night and her services will be this weekend. I'm sorry I won't be joining all of you but her pain is over and she's at peace now. At 36 her life was all too short and she leaves behind a husband and two and a half year old daughter. I recently held a Ford "Warriors In Pink" house party and she loved riding in the Shelby!

I hope you all have a great time and post lots of pics! I look forward to meeting you all at the next event!

Sorry to hear this news, Jeff. Best wishes to you and the family.

Be safe,

Mac.

Archived