TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Fest 08'

JeffIsHereToo

I've been on many road trips with auto clubs, and speeding isn't recommended. Just keeping the pace of the traffic around you can be a chore, because that's usually 10 over anyway.

The difficult thing to measure here is overall travel time. Everyone needs to look at their own program and decide when to launch. For me, 1100 AM from the Speedway allows plenty of travel time, I estimate arrival in O'Fallon between 4 and 5 PM. Others traveling greater distances will prolly need to start out earlier.

Still no feedback from anyone who may meet with me at the points I selected, so, see y'all at Exit 154 between 1230 and 1 PM?

Sorry been crazy busy with work and haven't given this the effort and attention it deserves. I'll look at your points again and post soon. But I think you're right that people are going to have to look at their unique situation and try to plan accordingly.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Larry

I can go the speed limit if I have to...I just don't want to. Keep me in the loop for timing and hook up at Rochelle. Am flexible on time and will let you pick it. Steve

Steve it takes about 3 hrs from Rockford to Bloomington and Rochelle is about 30-35 minutes south, so I guess we'll have to try to figure out about what time the rest of the train is arriving in Bloomington. I'm not opposed to "blowing out the cobwebs", but I think once we get a group together, they'll be watching and waiting for us to do so---hopefully they'll target the Gt500's though! :hysterical3:

Larry

Understand. I am open to time....let me know. I assume around noon or so? I have your cell if problem. Please confirm. thanx Steve

I will try to look at map and calculate tomorrow or Sunday and then get something more set in stone with you.

Looking at the map, exit 167 will require the I-39 and I-72 drivers to back track out of their way. However, exit 154 is southwest of the business district on I-55 and everyone should be passing by this exit. Exit 154 looks ideal to me, what do y'all think?

154 is South of Bloomington and is the Shirley exit. There is nothing there and you would have to park on the side of the road.

If you want to meet at the Ford dealer in Bloomington, those coming from Chicago heading south on 55 would exit at 167 which is the first exit when you hit Bloomington. Exit on 55 business and take it through Bloomington until you hit the dealership.

Those coming south on 39 or coming east from Peoria on 74 would merge onto 55 going south and exit at mile marker 157 onto business 55 which is the south end of Bloomington and take that to the Ford dealer.

Those coming from Champaign heading west on 74 would exit at 134B onto business 55.

Business 55 is also Veterans Parkway. It loops around through the middle of Bloomington from mile marker 167 on the north end to mile marker 157 on the south end of Bloomington.

The Ford Dealer is on the corner of Business 55 (Veterans Parkway) and Morrissey Drive.

tileprint.jpg

tileprint2.jpg

154 is South of Bloomington and is the Shirley exit. There is nothing there and you would have to park on the side of the road.

If you want to meet at the Ford dealer in Bloomington, those coming from Chicago heading south on 55 would exit at 167 which is the first exit when you hit Bloomington. Exit on 55 business and take it through Bloomington until you hit the dealership.

Those coming south on 39 or coming east from Peoria on 74 would merge onto 55 going south and exit at mile marker 157 onto business 55 which is the south end of Bloomington and take that to the Ford dealer.

Those coming from Champaign heading west on 74 would exit at 134B onto business 55.

Business 55 is also Veterans Parkway. It loops around through the middle of Bloomington from mile marker 167 on the north end to mile marker 157 on the south end of Bloomington.

The Ford Dealer is on the corner of Business 55 (Veterans Parkway) and Morrissey Drive.

If this is what everyone agrees to, sounds like a plan, eh?

Please post the exact address of the Ford dealership so I can punch that into my GPS?

Larry

Understand. Please confirm what time to meet at Rochelle to pick up with others as noted. above. Also need addresses for GPS system. Thanx Steve..

Just think, Jeff is not driving his car this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry

Understand. Please confirm what time to meet at Rochelle to pick up with others as noted. above. Also need addresses for GPS system. Thanx Steve..

Just think, Jeff is not driving his car this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee Steve...thanks for the welcome reminder of that!

:banghead:

Just to let everyone know that is passing through Bloomington, there are TWO Mobile Stations that have 93 octane.

I just filled up today at one and 93 super plus was $3.56

Each Mobile station is off route 51 which is main street and part of old route 66

One is off the I-55 about 2 blocks down from the I-55 / 51 exit

The other is about two blocks on 51 off business 55 / Veterans Parkway. This one is close to the dealership.

Mobilr.jpg

to all coming from chicago area...what time and who will plan to meet at dealership in bloomington. I will be there when needed. thanx Steve

Same!

I've taken off the entire day Friday so I'm open to meeting up when ever and where ever.

Saturday, Apr 19

High: 71 °F RealFeel®: 68 °F

Sunshine

:happy feet:

I don't know who's running this show, but I'm getting a "cold" feeling again.

Do any of y'all know how to talk to each other on the web?

Some of y'all just want to talk to specific folks, and that sucks. It leaves the rest of us feeling left out. Is there a "click" here the rest of us are not a party to. Where do I apply for membership?

The name of this thread has been changed, and without explanation. I almost missed it completely, what's up with that?

A year old thread on ShelbyFest has been resurrected with a lot of misinformation if you're not paying attention to posted dates. What's up with that?

Is there any organization here? Any management, or leadership?

Okay...I'm just going to go with the flow here, and see what happens April 18, 19 and 20 of 2008. I'll do my best to make it to Bloomington on time.

But, so far, no one has taken me up on my offers for meets along the way, so, I'll cancel them. I won't waste my time waiting at the selected locations previously posted. I'm going to run straight through to Bloomington, and be there a bit earlier than I posted ^ there.

If this is how a "Team Shelby of Illinois/Midwest" looks for our future, the future isn't pretty. Y'all don't know how to communicate/coordinate with each other, and I'm too old to teach y'all how to fix it. Y'all do what you want to do, I'll see y'all in O'Fallon.

I hope this works out better than it looks right now. I really do.

Mac...312.401.1396...24/7...Talk with me?

I don't know who's running this show, but I'm getting a "cold" feeling again.

Do any of y'all know how to talk to each other on the web?

Some of y'all just want to talk to specific folks, and that sucks. It leaves the rest of us feeling left out. Is there a "click" here the rest of us are not a party to. Where do I apply for membership?

The name of this thread has been changed, and without explanation. I almost missed it completely, what's up with that?

A year old thread on ShelbyFest has been resurrected with a lot of misinformation if you're not paying attention to posted dates. What's up with that?

Is there any organization here? Any management, or leadership?

Okay...I'm just going to go with the flow here, and see what happens April 18, 19 and 20 of 2008. I'll do my best to make it to Bloomington on time.

But, so far, no one has taken me up on my offers for meets along the way, so, I'll cancel them. I won't waste my time waiting at the selected locations previously posted. I'm going to run straight through to Bloomington, and be there a bit earlier than I posted ^ there.

If this is how a "Team Shelby of Illinois/Midwest" looks for our future, the future isn't pretty. Y'all don't know how to communicate/coordinate with each other, and I'm too old to teach y'all how to fix it. Y'all do what you want to do, I'll see y'all in O'Fallon.

Mac...312.401.1396...24/7...Talk with me?

Hey Mac-

the No IL/So WI trio are still shooting for Bloomington in the 12-1pm window. We arranged some meet ups (all around Rockford) to get us as far as meeting you guys from CHI area in Bloomington. As far as your meet up spots-I'm not sure other than you and Jeff for sure who are going from the Chicago area. I had assumed that the guys from your area had expanded upon your plan or developed a contingency for getting to Bloomington. The three of us-me, my Shelby brother Steve and my other Shelby brother Steve will for sure be hooking up with you in Bloomington if you're still planning on meeting up there with ShelbyDude,

Chicago guys-who all is heading down?

larry

Hey Mac-

the No IL/So WI trio are still shooting for Bloomington in the 12-1pm window. We arranged some meet ups (all around Rockford) to get us as far as meeting you guys from CHI area in Bloomington. As far as your meet up spots-I'm not sure other than you and Jeff for sure who are going from the Chicago area. I had assumed that the guys from your area had expanded upon your plan or developed a contingency for getting to Bloomington. The three of us-me, my Shelby brother Steve and my other Shelby brother Steve will for sure be hooking up with you in Bloomington if you're still planning on meeting up there with ShelbyDude,

Chicago guys-who all is heading down?

larry

I guess this is what I'm learning here, Larry, and it's disappointing. Seven milllion people in the Metro-Chicago area, and it seems no one is coming from the area but me. I don't get this, but it's okay though. I'll meet up with y'all in Bloomington, 1-1:15 PM is my target as well.

Unfortunately there is no formal "Team Shelby of Illinois/Midwest" today. Just a few guys that keep in touch and "try" to coordinate things for the enjoyment of all. We don't have any organization or "officers" to make command decisions and so on. I took up an effort on my own to help drive interest here and get people to come together that's all. Sorry if you took that as a "click" and it ruined it for you. Like I said a few posts back, you were missed, and I had no idea you changed your SN etc., so I didn't recognize LuLu.

My hope is to have something more formal and I would invite you to participate and I think you said you would at today's meeting to explore things.

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13597

Saturday, April 12th, 2008 - 3:30pm CDT

Monthly Club Meeting & Annual Bowling Event

Arlington Lanes

3435 N Kennicott Avenue, Arlington Heights

Bowling 3:30pm-5:30pm

General Meeting 5:30pm, Board Meeting Afterward

If not I'm sure we'll meet up on Friday!

Jeff-I'm still interested in the club, just have to work today, so unable to make it to meeting. Let me know how it goes & what I need to know after the meeting.

Let's get a tally here for the Bloomington meet up guys-

from the N IL/S WI down 39-shelbydream1, mrhugger, sbornitz

CHI area-Lulu, Jeff

Bloomington-Shelbydude

Who else do we have meeting up here from CHI and/or NW Indiana. Do we need to arrange another meet-up spot along the way, such as Springfield? 6 days to go! :happy feet:

Jeff-I'm still interested in the club, just have to work today, so unable to make it to meeting. Let me know how it goes & what I need to know after the meeting.

Let's get a tally here for the Bloomington meet up guys-

from the N IL/S WI down 39-shelbydream1, mrhugger, sbornitz

CHI area-Lulu, Jeff

Bloomington-Shelbydude

Who else do we have meeting up here from CHI and/or NW Indiana. Do we need to arrange another meet-up spot along the way, such as Springfield? 6 days to go! :happy feet:

Understand, will do!

Mac (aka LuLu) do you want to meet near 294 and 55? Maybe Hinsdale (Rt83)? I will drive that way to hook up with you and we can drive down 55. What time do you think is a good time to meet there?

Understand, will do!

Mac (aka LuLu) do you want to meet near 294 and 55? Maybe Hinsdale (Rt83)? I will drive that way to hook up with you and we can drive down 55. What time do you think is a good time to meet there?

You are speaking of Friday AM? Sure, that works for me, since no one has contacted me regarding the locations I mentioned ^ there a while back. Give me a time, meet you at the Denny's on Rt. 83, 1 long block north of I-55. I think we should get out of there by 1030-11 AM?

BTW, I showed at the Arlington Bowl today, 3:30 PM, stayed until 4 PM. Walked around looking for someone who might recognize my Ford Racing jacket, but OTOH, I don''t (didn't) have any 411 to work with myself. 1 Mustang in the lot out of 100 cars, I even stopped a few guys who looked as lost as I felt. No luck. Dayum, that place is dark inside, not surprised if no one could see me. They were all pretty busy with a kids birthday party anyway. Maybe next time, after I meet y'all at ShelbyFest?

You are speaking of Friday AM? Sure, that works for me, since no one has contacted me regarding the locations I mentioned ^ there a while back. Give me a time, meet you at the Denny's on Rt. 83, 1 long block north of I-55. I think we should get out of there by 1030-11 AM?

BTW, I showed at the Arlington Bowl today, 3:30 PM, stayed until 4 PM. Walked around looking for someone who might recognize my Ford Racing jacket, but OTOH, I don''t (didn't) have any 411 to work with myself. 1 Mustang in the lot out of 100 cars, I even stopped a few guys who looked as lost as I felt. No luck. Dayum, that place is dark inside, not surprised if no one could see me. They were all pretty busy with a kids birthday party anyway. Maybe next time, after I meet y'all at ShelbyFest?

Ugh...I was sitting at the table directly in front of the doors, black sweater and jeans. There was a sign on the way in that said "Stallions Gate Mustang Club" lanes 19-22 on one of those 3 legged stands. I tried to keep looking, as did Steve (ShowCar) to see if anyone looked lost. I should have posted my phone number in this thread too. I did put it in the other.

Denny's at 10:30-11AM sounds fine!

It'll be fun!

We'll need to keep up on the weather situation. If it's going to be rain I won't be going. I love you guys and all but I've done the car show thing in rain and it's not fun let alone driving 6-7 hours for the privilege. I'll be keeping an eye out for sure and keeping my fingers crossed. It's already changed from rain, to sun, than back to rain. So we'll see!

Archived