TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Fest 08'

JeffIsHereToo

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It appears Larry and I will be coming down 39. Is there anywhere at 39/80 we could hookup? Time? Steve

If you're coming down I-39 to I-80, hooking up with you there would be out of the way for the I-80 west to I-55 crew (if there is going to be one).

However, if you keep heading south on I-39, it dead ends in Bloomington/Normal as it intersects with I-55,and we can hook up somewhere around there? I suggest just south of Bloomington, the next being an interchange with I-55 and SR 136 in McLean, IL.

BTW...Anyone coming across I-74 would be driving out of their way for that hook-up, but there is no direct connection between I-74 and I-55, so, you'll have to eat that drive time, or, head southwest on I-72 in Champaign-Urbana and meet with us in Springfield, IL where I-72 meets I-55.

Can be done, and once a decision is agreed upon, I can estimate drive time and mileage to the Baymont.

Thanks for the reply.

Caravans are fun, if you have never been on one, you'll never forget it.

A few posts back ^ there, I suggested two meet locations that seem convienent for those coming across I-80 and down from the north. I have not seen any feedback posted here on those suggestions, so, I'm open to any other ideas. Speak up, it's never too early to begin brainstorming ideas. Everythingn is subject to change until you hit the highway.

BTW, there is a cruise and dinner planed for Friday evening. It begins at the Baymont at 6 PM. I'd like to arrive in time to check in, clean up and register. I suggest we consider leaving the Chicago area by 10 AM.

Yeah...I'm all for that. I was thinking there is a place, need to look it up, that's off 55, just south of 80. I'll go back and look at your suggestions, but regardless we can work out the specifics later. You're right that it's more important that we agree to do this and we'll get a location later.

You may be right about the earlier start time...

Hi Everybody,

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it to Shelby Fest this year. It sounds like a lot of fun and it should be a good time. Maybe next year.

I am looking forward seeing everybody at our next get together this Spring.

Bennett

You will be missed! See you sometime soon I'm sure!

-Jeff

If you're coming down I-39 to I-80, hooking up with you there would be out of the way for the I-80 west to I-55 crew (if there is going to be one).

However, if you keep heading south on I-39, it dead ends in Bloomington/Normal as it intersects with I-55,and we can hook up somewhere around there? I suggest just south of Bloomington, the next being an interchange with I-55 and SR 136 in McLean, IL.

BTW...Anyone coming across I-74 would be driving out of their way for that hook-up, but there is no direct connection between I-74 and I-55, so, you'll have to eat that drive time, or, head southwest on I-72 in Champaign-Urbana and meet with us in Springfield, IL where I-72 meets I-55.

Can be done, and once a decision is agreed upon, I can estimate drive time and mileage to the Baymont.

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking Bloomington area may be really good spot-39 & 55 hit there, plenty of places to stop and then we can go from there.

If the guys from WI head down, they will probably be looking at I-90 to 39 to 55 also.

We need to get a rough idea who all is heading there and from where to get it all planned out. If we have to make multiple meet-up spots along the route, that's not an issue with me.

Hi Everybody,

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it to Shelby Fest this year. It sounds like a lot of fun and it should be a good time. Maybe next year.

I am looking forward seeing everybody at our next get together this Spring.

Bennett

That's too bad Bennett. Was hoping you'd be making the trek also. WIll see you later in the spring then, hopefully. larry

I was thinking Bloomington area may be really good spot-39 & 55 hit there, plenty of places to stop and then we can go from there.

If the guys from WI head down, they will probably be looking at I-90 to 39 to 55 also.

We need to get a rough idea who all is heading there and from where to get it all planned out. If we have to make multiple meet-up spots along the route, that's not an issue with me.

Yeah...no problem for me either.

I'm going 94, 294, 55....

-jeff

Yeah...no problem for me either.

I'm going 94, 294, 55....

-jeff

Good! And thanks!.

If this is your plan, we can hookup just south of the I-80/I-55 interchange, and this solves the problem for anyone coming across I-80 from the east. Pencil it in?

Speaking of that...Does anyone from the east have plans to come over on I-80? Haven't heard much from y'all. If no one is coming that way, I'll just head over to my ususal spot (I-55 @ Cass Ave.) and hook up from there.

Thanks again!

Good! And thanks!.

If this is your plan, we can hookup just south of the I-80/I-55 interchange, and this solves the problem for anyone coming across I-80 from the east. Pencil it in?

Speaking of that...Does anyone from the east have plans to come over on I-80? Haven't heard much from y'all. If no one is coming that way, I'll just head over to my ususal spot (I-55 @ Cass Ave.) and hook up from there.

Thanks again!

Cass Ave works for me too. Depending I might pull off on 83 and get gas/coffee.

Hotel...

Hey guys, I never really looked, kind took for granted it was close. But O'Fallon is 2 hours from where the events are. I guess there are some events Friday night and Sat night there. There is also an even closer to us Friday. I'm wondering if we shouldn't stay closer?

Hotel...

Hey guys, I never really looked, kind took for granted it was close. But O'Fallon is 2 hours from where the events are. I guess there are some events Friday night and Sat night there. There is also an even closer to us Friday. I'm wondering if we shouldn't stay closer?

WTF?

Right you are...

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.ad...z=65041&r=f

Zip code to zip code, 101 miles and 1:52 drive time.

I really don't get this. The Baymont is a designated hotel on the event home page. They are starting one of the events there Friday night.

I don't get it. I really don't get it. Is this whole thing a spoof?

WTF?

Right you are...

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.ad...z=65041&r=f

Zip code to zip code, 101 miles and 1:52 drive time.

I really don't get this. The Baymont is a designated hotel on the event home page. They are starting one of the events there Friday night.

I don't get it. I really don't get it. Is this whole thing a spoof?

Here's a little history and an explanation.

Last year when we did Shelbyfest, a groups of travelers all met in the St Louis area friday night and went to the locat drag strip for a little fun. They then joined up with several other shelbys for the caravan to Hermann. The site location of Hermann was chosen base dony my desire to do a photo shoot at a farm I know and for it's picturesque scenery.

When the discussion for a 2008 Shelbyfest rose, I was going to do the whole event in St Louis and try to get a night at the aforementioned track but several of the attendees from last year asked "but what about Hermann?", so I tried to set up a track event in St Louis and then the event in Hermann on Saturday. We were just going to piggy back onto a public event since track rental was going to cost about $25,000 then ver recently, found out that Gateway (the race track) had scheduled a Harley sponsored event which meant we could no longer run our Shelbys. I sent out a communication to all and asked for opinions. All that were planning on racing responded to me that it was "no big deal" but they were still driving into the St Louis area friday night. Instead of having nothing friday, we put together a plan to convene at the hotel where many were staying and cruise form there to a local classic car dealership and then from there to a popular local cruise in spot for dinner.

I'm aware that O' Fallon Illinois is almost 2 hours from Hermann but that is where many chose to stay. There are however, many that are coming in on Friday night to Hermann.

So while the driving distance is sizeable to some, it is an opportunity to be in one of the most beautiful carvans ever into Hermann.

So whether it makes sense to you or not, that is how it all developed. We hope you have the abililty to attend either Friday or Saturday or both for that matter as any extra folk sthat show up will only enhance the event. Currently, we are expecting 70-100 new Shelbys, a handful of vintage Shelbys, some AC Cobras, a Sunbeam Tiger, and a whole pile of ther cool vintage and late model mustangs to show.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or email me at info@shelbyfest.net, I will be happy to assist.

Y'all come.

CB

Kyle

Jeff-

I guess, for what it's worth, I'm going to keep my O'fallon reservations-Friday nite cruising to Fastlane classic cars and the Chuck-a-burger sounds better than hanging out at Hardees to me. I also think the Sat AM cruise to Hermann will be a cool trip, and then Sunday we're 2 hours closer to home (I'd rather have the shorter drive then when I'm tired from all the fun on Sat).

Jeff-

I guess, for what it's worth, I'm going to keep my O'fallon reservations-Friday nite cruising to Fastlane classic cars and the Chuck-a-burger sounds better than hanging out at Hardees to me. I also think the Sat AM cruise to Hermann will be a cool trip, and then Sunday we're 2 hours closer to home (I'd rather have the shorter drive then when I'm tired from all the fun on Sat).

Ok...I'm cool with that. We all know the score now so that's fine.

Thanks!

I don't need to be sold on the experience of a cruise/caravan, I've been on many and they are too much fun.

This add-on 411 about the distance to Hermann isn't a problem, just wish we knew it out front. Maybe it should have been mentioned on the home page, maybe not, it's someone elses show.

Do I keep my impression that there will be an organized cruise/caravan from the Baymont to Hermann Ford Saturday AM? If so, what time you you think we'll saddle up? Gates open at 10 AM.

If so #2...Then I think I may want to relocate to the Hermann area for Saturday, find a room locally. After hanging out all day at the show, I'll want to freshen up before the dinner banquet, and not have to drive too far after that celebration.

If there is nothing planned for Sunday AM other than departure, then it's breakfast and head home. Matters not to me if I'm leaving from the Baymont, or, Hermann MO.

Either way, I'll stick with the crew from ChiccagoLand, so, you guys post up your preferences for relocation (or not) and I'll run with that.

Keep the thoughts coming...

Gentlemen

I sent my registration in yesterday. car, meal and shirt came to $32. Has everyone else sent theirs? Did get some Zainoing in yesterday.Steve

Steve-Have mine printed off & filled in, haven't got it sent yet, but will be doing so this week. C'mon spring!!!! This weather is getting REALLY OLD and I am looking forward to a road trip! :shift:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to say, gents, that I am losing interest here and debating cancellation of my room reservations. The next few days and replies here will tell.

Do we have a head count for a road trip/caravan from the Chicagoland area?

A meet/departure location and time?

I'm looking forward to arriving at the Baymont in the mid-afternoon of Friday, 18 April, and be refreshed for the evening's events.

The plans for Saturday's caravan from the Baymont to Hermann, MO. are wide open, I haven't a clue what to expect. But, attending the Saturday events so far from the Baymont isn't inviting to me. This alone could cause me to cancel, a lot of my enthusiam hangs on meeting other Chicagoland Shelby owners.

Doesn't seem to be anything planned for Sunday, other than the ride home.

So...Post up? I need your feedback.

Sorry to say, gents, that I am losing interest here and debating cancellation of my room reservations. The next few days and replies here will tell.

I'm looking forward to arriving at the Baymont in the mid-afternoon of Friday, 18 April, and be refreshed for the evening's events.

The plans for Saturday's caravan from the Baymont to Hermann, MO. are wide open, I haven't a clue what to expect. But, attending the Saturday events so far from the Baymont isn't inviting to me. This alone could cause me to cancel, a lot of my enthusiam hangs on meeting other Chicagoland Shelby owners.

I'm also planing on arriving at the Baymont in the mid-afternoon of Friday, 18 April, and be refreshed for the evening's events.

There are quite a few of us staying at the Baymont and it is my understanding that LSR will meet us at the Baymont early Saturday morning and lead the caravan to Hermann.

As for Sunday, I'm up early, eating breakfast and on the road home, 6-1/2 hour ride for me.

Contact Kyle, (Cobra Boy) I'm sure he can answer all your questions.

Keep in mind that nobody involved here is a professional car show planner so there may be a glitch or two but I'm confident it will all work out. This show is being put together by a few Shelby enthusiast that are donating their time and in my opinion are doing a GREAT job.

Don't get discouraged this show is going to be a blast and were all going to make a lot of new friends.

Alan

St. John, Indiana

I really haven't pushed on this yet as we're a month away and some people are still trying to work out attending. I'm looking at times similar to yours and yes Sunday is a leisurely drive home. Once we get closer I am going to map it and find potential places where people can turn off and meet near major highway intersections. Places like, 90/94, 94/294, 294/55, 80/55, etc., etc... al/ the way down. The only gotcha will be time! Some may have to leave later then the rest of us may want etc., so we'll just have to see what people can do as we get closer.

I'm at the beautiful Baymont as well! :hysterical:

No problem. I will be leaving from the nw side but can meet you anywhere. I can come east if necessary. Expect we need to leave before 10am. I am also staying at the Baymont and will be joing in the caravan to Herman. Expect a leisurely...lol....trip back on Sunday. Jeff...please advise times and locations when we get closer. Steve

Not sure what more you need than 50+ Shelbys rumbling down the road! I am going to be a lone duck for the first 3+ hours of my drive just to make it to the Rockford Il area to meet up with some people. From what I have seen the last 2-3 hours from central Il should be a pretty big group into O'Fallon. This is just one person's opinion and you will have to make up your own mind. As for me as long as there is not a foot of snow in my driveway I'm there :superhero: . We might hang around on Sunday and head back into St Louis for a little while and hit the Bass Pro. I gotta buy some new rods/reels for this year since we will probably pick up the pontoon boat the weekend before or after the Hermann Event. All I can say is we hope you decide to attend!

C'mon Lulu--I'm still going (haven't posted a whole lot lately-had inventory at work). Sent my registration in last week. As far as Sunday-I was thinking we could grab breakfast and chat, get a tank of gas and head out.

I really haven't pushed on this yet as we're a month away and some people are still trying to work out attending. I'm looking at times similar to yours and yes Sunday is a leisurely drive home. Once we get closer I am going to map it and find potential places where people can turn off and meet near major highway intersections. Places like, 90/94, 94/294, 294/55, 80/55, etc., etc... al/ the way down. The only gotcha will be time! Some may have to leave later then the rest of us may want etc., so we'll just have to see what people can do as we get closer.

I'm at the beautiful Baymont as well! :hysterical:

Hey Jeff-I think from the thread about Kyle having to sell his GT500, we have concluded ShelbyDude's dealership is in Bloomington. Maybe we could find out where and use it as a meet up spot? Meet for lunch somewhere? I'm open to suggestions and have wiped my schedule clean for Friday, so I can leave at any time to meet up. Sbornitz & I had talked about meeting up in Rockford and at one time Mr Hugger had mentioned meeting up along 39 (where's the easiest place for you to hit it Steve-Rochelle?). I'm like you in that I figured we'd need to wait until a little closer to plan in earnest, but I'll post on here every day until then if it'll help us sway Lulu into joining us.

Dream

Yes I am free that day and willing to look at options. I like yours, Bloomington is a good pick and if you know of a place in Rochelle near 88 that would be great. Please pick place and time and I will be there. God is this snow ever going to go away? Steve

Hey Jeff-I think from the thread about Kyle having to sell his GT500, we have concluded ShelbyDude's dealership is in Bloomington. Maybe we could find out where and use it as a meet up spot? Meet for lunch somewhere? I'm open to suggestions and have wiped my schedule clean for Friday, so I can leave at any time to meet up. Sbornitz & I had talked about meeting up in Rockford and at one time Mr Hugger had mentioned meeting up along 39 (where's the easiest place for you to hit it Steve-Rochelle?). I'm like you in that I figured we'd need to wait until a little closer to plan in earnest, but I'll post on here every day until then if it'll help us sway Lulu into joining us.

I'm open to that!

We might also want to trade cell phone numbers via PM so keep in contact etc.

Do you want to approach ShelbyDude?

Archived