TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Are we taking bets yet on the M.S.R.P.

7k for hood

1200 for suspension

700 for intake

700 for splitter

1000 for headrest , plaque, and mats

300 for shifter

2000 for rims which really should be not be any added cost over the gt500 ones.

300 extra emblems

700 for muffler another part which shouldn't cost anything but Ill add it anyway

2000 for any part I missed different then a regular gt500 which I don't really think I missed any, plus I feel I went high on some parts in list.

0 for spoiler change

total=15,900

add that to 48,195= 64,095 if we want to get real creative add another 5k for labor still under 70k

Anything more then that would be hard to justify just imo

So my guess would be 69,999

Well, you can close the betting..that dealer in NC that won an allocation last night said Ford told him MSRP @70k

Which is less than half of what they are asking for it....

Close the betting? Did you get any written confirmation from Ford stating this? Or just more he said she said info???

Sometime between now and within the next 30 days we should know exactly what it will be, and I think the info you got is incorrect.

Who was it from Ford that told him this? His zone rep?

Mark Fields? Bill Ford? Alan Mulally?

Unless the top brass decided to lower it by $10K it is going to be in the high 70's to low 80's.

We will know soon enough.

59k + ADM which will equal 3-4 times the MSRP. The Ford dealer here told me that they are going to initially offer them at 3-4 x's the MSRP.

Just to qualify the source of my information, the Owner Principal of my SVT dealership who I've talked to in person was told by a VP of Ford.

The Owner Principal confirmed his information to me in an email. I asked and was told by the Owner Principal that I could share the information.

For my purposes, I obviously would be delighted if the Ford VP had "high balled" the expected Canadian MSRP for a 2009 GT500KR. ;)

As ShelbyDude has posted, "We will know soon enough." with respect to the U.S. 2008 MSRP on the KR.

Close the betting? Did you get any written confirmation from Ford stating this? Or just more he said she said info???

Sometime between now and within the next 30 days we should know exactly what it will be, and I think the info you got is incorrect.

Who was it from Ford that told him this? His zone rep?

Mark Fields? Bill Ford? Alan Mulally?

Unless the top brass decided to lower it by $10K it is going to be in the high 70's to low 80's.

We will know soon enough.

True enough- I dont know the guy I talked to so I cant vouch, but he told me he ordered his when they informed him of the allocation last night, and that was the price they gave him. I didnt ask who 'they' was though...I was still reeling from the 80k adm shock! :hysterical2: It could be 40k msrp and i still cant afford it with a 80k adm

81,000 (which I would consider a ripoff, by the way, compared to the GT500, which I consider a smoking good deal at the MSRP price point). It's not about it being that much better, it's just that they can get it from collectors, so why not price it there. No sense in the dealers being the only ones pocketing big time on it.

81,000 (which I would consider a ripoff, by the way, compared to the GT500, which I consider a smoking good deal at the MSRP price point). It's not about it being that much better, it's just that they can get it from collectors, so why not price it there. No sense in the dealers being the only ones pocketing big time on it.

The MSRP on the GT500 is waaaaaay under priced compared to most models in this class.

Look at the SGT. Only $5K less than the GT500 MSRP. Add a supercharger and you over MSRP on a GT500 and you still have the smaller engine!

Look at Roush and Saleen. Those are more than a GT500 MSRP and they are all aftermarket add ons.

Anyone that got one for anything under $60K got a smoking good deal on this car.

Bottom line, Ford way under priced this car and had they priced it right they would have all sold just as good as they have sold to date. Only difference being the dealers would not have been able to get the $15K - $30K + ADM's they got on this car.

As far as I am concerned, the deal I got on my GT500, I STOLE IT!

The MSRP on the GT500 is waaaaaay under priced compared to most models in this class.

Look at the SGT. Only $5K less than the GT500 MSRP. Add a supercharger and you over MSRP on a GT500 and you still have the smaller engine!

Look at Roush and Saleen. Those are more than a GT500 MSRP and they are all aftermarket add ons.

Anyone that got one for anything under $60K got a smoking good deal on this car.

Bottom line, Ford way under priced this car and had they priced it right they would have all sold just as good as they have sold to date. Only difference being the dealers would not have been able to get the $15K - $30K + ADM's they got on this car.

As far as I am concerned, the deal I got on my GT500, I STOLE IT!

i agree as well, WAY under priced when the MSRP was first announced on the GT 500 i was very supprised it was so CHEAP

7k for hood

1200 for suspension

700 for intake

700 for splitter

1000 for headrest , plaque, and mats

300 for shifter

2000 for rims which really should be not be any added cost over the gt500 ones.

300 extra emblems

700 for muffler another part which shouldn't cost anything but Ill add it anyway

2000 for any part I missed different then a regular gt500 which I don't really think I missed any, plus I feel I went high on some parts in list.

0 for spoiler change

total=15,900

add that to 48,195= 64,095 if we want to get real creative add another 5k for labor still under 70k

Anything more then that would be hard to justify just imo

So my guess would be 69,999

You forgot to add the axtra value for all of the HYPE

:happy feet: I WIN! :happy feet: I WIN! :happy feet: I WIN! :happy feet:

OK, so what is the prize???? :hysterical:

I said MSRP will be about $80K

I'd say $79,995 is close enough, yes? :hysterical:

The grand-prize winner will receive a 2008 Ford Shelby GT 500 KR with a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $79,995.

Source:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20080204nbc01

http://enewsi.com/news.php?itemid=12640

The grand-prize winner will receive a 2008 Ford Shelby GT 500 KR with a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $79,995.

Source:

The prize is you get to watch Ron Pratte not drive his KR!

:hysterical:

Oops! I guess you win! :happy feet:

You said $79,998

I said $80,000

MSRP is $79,995

You are within $3 and I was within $5

So what is the prize? What are we splitting??? :hysterical2:

Actually I defer the win all to you my friend. Your guess was an educated guess, wheras mine was based on advanced information so it really wouldn't be fair for me to claim any win.

But I do wonder what ever happened to the team member that posted $58,000.00 "was a lock" price for the KR several weeks ago.

Source:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME $79,995 THAT IS QUITE HIGH ISN'T IT????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Source:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME $79,995 FOR THIS CAR, I WAS NOT EXPECTING TO HEAR THAT AND THANK YOU FOR THE NIGHT RIDER POST WITH THE PRICING ON IT.

Archived