TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Are we taking bets yet on the M.S.R.P.

77,000 got to be close to what we are going to pay for the SS package.

michael morris

I agree with you and I wish it is cheaper than that but considering the hype, low production and nameplate that goes with this car I don't think it will be in the fifties or sixties, but like Michael say's in the seventies.

Is it worth it if it is that expensive????

$80,000

If you win, we split the loot! :hysterical:

Okay, I'll play.

$79,998.00

talked to a ford rep on sunday at the st louis auto show while i was looking at the new KR and he said msrp will be in the 58K range.

Ford rep or some sales person that works at a dealer?

They usually have sales people working the car shows from local dealerships in the area.

Either way, Ford rep or some sales person, they are WAY off on that number! WAY OFF!

MSRP will be in the $80K range, give or take a couple grand. GUARANTEE IT!!!!

Lets apply a little simple common sense here.

A fully loaded GT500 Coupe has an MSRP of $48,195

So do you REALLY think they are going to put together a KR package for only $10K more????

The carbon fiber hood alone will be about $7K. That is just the hood! So that alone puts you at $55K.

So how are they going to offer all the rest of that package for only $3K more and cover labor, shipping and making a profit on this?

Trust me, it will be in the $80K range easy!

I posted in the Canada section of the Team Shelby Regional Groups on Dec. 21, 2007 that I had just been contacted by my SVT dealer.

I had put a deposit down with a signed purchase agreement for a GT500KR in April 2007.

Dealership advised that it had just been given a "verbal" commitment from very elevated Ford management that 100 GT500KRs are destined for Canada but will be a 2009 model. Dealership said that the "verbal" commitment can be trusted.

No 2008 GT500KRs currently slated for Canada.

Commitment to the dealership will be followed up in writing from Ford in the New Year.

No real hard dates, pricing “around 100” per Ford Management, no specs or data otherwise.

So if the Canadian MSRP for a 2009 GT500KR is going to be "around 100", you can use the current differential between the Canadian and U.S. MSRPs and work backwards to guesstimate the 2008 U.S. MSRP.

I would think that it will be in the very high $70Ks or low $80Ks.

I posted in the Canada section of the Team Shelby Regional Groups on Dec. 21, 2007 that I had just been contacted by my SVT dealer.

I had put a deposit down with a signed purchase agreement for a GT500KR in April 2007.

Dealership advised that it had just been given a "verbal" commitment from very elevated Ford management that 100 GT500KRs are destined for Canada but will be a 2009 model. Dealership said that the "verbal" commitment can be trusted.

No 2008 GT500KRs currently slated for Canada.

Commitment to the dealership will be followed up in writing from Ford in the New Year.

No real hard dates, pricing “around 100” per Ford Management, no specs or data otherwise.

So if the Canadian MSRP for a 2009 GT500KR is going to be "around 100", you can use the current differential between the Canadian and U.S. MSRPs and work backwards to guesstimate the 2008 U.S. MSRP.

I would think that it will be in the high $70Ks.

Very high $70's easy!

He is either lying or simply just doesn't know, NO WAY AT THAT PRICE.

Nah, he wasn't lying. Why would he lie? If he was going to lie he would say a lot more than what it is going to be, not a lot less.

He just doesn't know and was probably getting that from misinformed rumors floating around.

Ford rep or some sales person that works at a dealer?

They usually have sales people working the car shows from local dealerships in the area.

Either way, Ford rep or some sales person, they are WAY off on that number! WAY OFF!

MSRP will be in the $80K range, give or take a couple grand. GUARANTEE IT!!!!

Lets apply a little simple common sense here.

A fully loaded GT500 Coupe has an MSRP of $48,195

So do you REALLY think they are going to put together a KR package for only $10K more????

The carbon fiber hood alone will be about $7K. That is just the hood! So that alone puts you at $55K.

So how are they going to offer all the rest of that package for only $3K more and cover labor, shipping and making a profit on this?

Trust me, it will be in the $80K range easy!

it does not matter anyway ,us small guys wont never see one in our garage anyway :banghead::banghead:

Archived