TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Making the CS6 hood functional

buck

Ok so I want to make the CS6/CS8 hood functional and Amy you had said that you guys had already prepared something to that effect. Basically if you could post that here that would be great so multiple people can look at it. I don't care how complicated I just want my hood to be a functional heat extractor. So please just tell me what to do!

Also if anyone else wants to show me what they did for their hood to make it functional that would be appreciated I'm curious the different routes people took. I did see one person who drilled wholes in the bottom of the hood and the air kind of flowed and it looked interesting so anyway just post away!

Ok so I want to make the CS6/CS8 hood functional and Amy you had said that you guys had already prepared something to that effect. Basically if you could post that here that would be great so multiple people can look at it. I don't care how complicated I just want my hood to be a functional heat extractor. So please just tell me what to do!

Also if anyone else wants to show me what they did for their hood to make it functional that would be appreciated I'm curious the different routes people took. I did see one person who drilled wholes in the bottom of the hood and the air kind of flowed and it looked interesting so anyway just post away!

See: http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=29129&page=5

posts 181-191

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the response paleoc and that is what I am considering doing exactly but I was hoping that Amy might have something a little more official. Maybe something they dreamed up that would be fairly easy to implement and I would not have to worry much about lift. Any word Amy??

• 3 weeks later...

I would try posting this under the ASK AMY section. I dont know if she gets to read all sections on here...as there are alot of sectins now...but it appears she gets to read and respond to the ASK AMY section alot.

thanks for the response paleoc and that is what I am considering doing exactly but I was hoping that Amy might have something a little more official. Maybe something they dreamed up that would be fairly easy to implement and I would not have to worry much about lift. Any word Amy??

Lift?

You mean as in the hood lifting? Mustangs have had problems with air pressure building up under the hood at high speed and trying to tear it off (thus the hood pins). By creating a vent for the air to escape, you eliminate that problem. Shelby created the fully vented Terlingua hood to solve the venting and engine heat issues. Having studied the existing pictures of the Terlingua, it appears that water entering the engine compartment (hard rain) may be an issue, but Amy/Shelby says they have addressed that issue and the pictures I have seen are not clear enough for me to to definitely determine either way. I doubt they have tried to rework the CS6 hood other than perhaps as a starting point for creating the Terlingua hood.

• 9 months later...

Archived