TEAM SHELBY FORUM

C & D Is At It Again!

svtkeith

Picked up the September Issue of C&D, they kicked our Shelby in the "nuts" again.

Here's a few highlights:

"GT500 wasn't any quicker than the old SVT Mustang Cobra;

1/4 mile times 13.4 sec at 108 mph;

Nasty ticking noise coming from the engine;

Interior is pretty plain;

Rubbery chassis;

It doesn't take much of a bump to provoke shudders in this GT500 structure;"

then at the end they say "it's going to be an instant collector, that alone makes this Shelby another winner."

You figure this out, they got nothing good to say about the car than they turn around and say it's going to be a collector. My new motto for C&D is Clowns and Dummies.

svtkeith

C&D can BLOW ME!! 'F' Them!! piss2.gif Car & Driver!

Nicely said!!

C&D can BLOW ME!! 'F' Them!! piss2.gif Car & Driver!

:hysterical: An instant classic!!

Picked up the September Issue of C&D, they kicked our Shelby in the "nuts" again.

I keep wondering if these magazines are testing using production models that are what the public are driving now, or are they testing using pre-production dummies that may not be 100%?? That alone can make or break the validity.

Guest evilchris

:shift:

Whats's funny is some mags getting a 300 hp GT running anywhere from 13.5 to 13.8 bone stock but C&D with a 200 hp more car runs 13.4........................geez they're a joke!!!!

The MPH is about right, the ET is too high because no one can get the car to hook up real well. Also, expect the convertible to be closer to the GT Coupe in the 1/4 than the GT500 Coupe.

The MPH is about right, the ET is too high because no one can get the car to hook up real well. Also, expect the convertible to be closer to the GT Coupe in the 1/4 than the GT500 Coupe.

The fasted 1/4 times in my 06 Gt auto trans =14.25 :happy feet:

Guest evilchris

Yea I was taking off at about 2500 rpms any higher and tires would spin. BFG 285 street tires!

How do the 285 work? Is the car lowered? What is the tire? ( ie 285/45/18, what )

I don't want the skinny little 235's GTs come with.

How do the 285 work? Is the car lowered? What is the tire? ( ie 285/45/18, what )

I don't want the skinny little 235's GTs come with.

The 285/45/18 is the size I have and they work fine. The car is the same height and I think 295's might fit.

But with the stock 18 rims I would not go larger that 285 due to side wall bulging. I think they were BFG TDW2 the new tread that you see on some of the FOOSE wheels.

Here's a few highlights:

Rubbery chassis;

then at the end they say "it's going to be an instant collector, that alone makes this Shelby another winner."

You figure this out, they got nothing good to say about the car than they turn around and say it's going to be a collector. My new motto for C&D is Clowns and Dummies.

svtkeith

This means nothing. Good post to get everyone wound up.

This article completely contradicts itself, any educated reader/person will see the flaws. It just shows what type of magazine C&D is. The editor(s) should be embaressed to let this out - obviously they do not put much value/integrity into their magazine or their readers. Did the store where you bought this have it displayed next to the National Enquire

Everyone remain calm!!

I'll go fuel up the Excursion and start picking everyone up. Who's got Yate's address? :rant:

I'll get the address, but go by and pick up that home made icebox with the keg inside!!

Life is short DRINK HARD AND DRIVE HARDER!! :hysterical:

Here's a few highlights:

Rubbery chassis;

svtkeith

Bought C&D years ago Didn`t like the articles back then . Haven`t bought one since .

Guest evilchris

I swear GM paid C and D to bash Ford member the gt500 vs vette crap, idc. MM&FF got a 12.2 out of a gt500, they know what there doing.

They powershifted. Completely invalidates test results from a comparison perspective. Only idiots powershift daily drivers. MM&FF was getting 12.6's without powershifting. To use MM&FF's numbers vs a vette you'll have to retest the vette and powershift it.

I swear GM paid C and D to bash Ford member the gt500 vs vette crap, idc. MM&FF got a 12.2 out of a gt500, they know what there doing.

That was with a professional race car driver at the wheel. Fact is that most of us mere mortals could never duplicate his times. When we start seeing stock GT500 timeslips, we'll all know fer sure.

Archived