TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer called its here!!!!

hotrodstang

Just got the call from the local dealer that my car (ebony with tungston stripes) is in !!!! I will be getting it in a couple of hours and will have pictures by tommorrow AM. I will believe it of course when I see it !!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Good for you Mr.Fatchile! You'll love it. Awesome ride!!

Just got the call from the local dealer that my car (ebony with tungston stripes) is in !!!! I will be getting it in a couple of hours and will have pictures by tommorrow AM. I will believe it of course when I see it !!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Congrats!!!

CONGRATS. --- Take lots of pictures to post.

:rant:

You lucky dog............sure it's not mine??? :))

Wonderful...another satiated customer. PSDS loses it's grip again.

Dave

He walks up to the Shelby. It's almost like a dream.

He's waited so long - read so many articles - heard so many sound clips - looked at so many pictures.

Now - the keys are in his hand.

The unlock door button is pushed. He hear's the click of the locks.

Opening the door, he slides down into the leather seat and that "newness" smell brings a smile to his face.

Depress the clutch - insert the key - twist and release - yes - it comes to life with authority!

Engage first gear - easy on the clutch - check the mirrors - roll down the window and listen to the blower whine.

He goes easy for a few minutes letting temps rise.

Here comes a stop light.

And - what's this? A C6 Corvette slides alongside?

The Vette guy has a blonde with him. He revs. Our Shebly guy tightens his seatbelt and turns off the TCS.

He snicks it into first and slowly brings up the revs to 2500. The blower can be heard. He watches the light change. He feathers the clutch - the tires try to hook up - the Vette is alongside - finally, the Mustang's tires grab - 1st gear is very quick - he grabs 2nd - the rear end gets loose - third gear is coming very quickly - the blower is screaming.....

Then he's awakened by his wife. He's sweaty and his shorts are somewhat sticky.... :hysterical:

He walks up to the Shelby. It's almost like a dream.

He's waited so long - read so many articles - heard so many sound clips - looked at so many pictures.

Now - the keys are in his hand.

The unlock door button is pushed. He hear's the click of the locks.

Opening the door, he slides down into the leather seat and that "newness" smell brings a smile to his face.

Depress the clutch - insert the key - twist and release - yes - it comes to life with authority!

Engage first gear - easy on the clutch - check the mirrors - roll down the window and listen to the blower whine.

He goes easy for a few minutes letting temps rise.

Here comes a stop light.

And - what's this? A C6 Corvette slides alongside?

The Vette guy has a blonde with him. He revs. Our Shebly guy tightens his seatbelt and turns off the TCS.

He snicks it into first and slowly brings up the revs to 2500. The blower can be heard. He watches the light change. He feathers the clutch - the tires try to hook up - the Vette is alongside - finally, the Mustang's tires grab - 1st gear is very quick - he grabs 2nd - the rear end gets loose - third gear is coming very quickly - the blower is screaming.....

Then he's awakened by his wife. He's sweaty and his shorts are somewhat sticky.... :hysterical:

TUNE IN TOMORROW for the second half.

You kill me .

PLease BILL Could you get this man his car so he can put his furniture in it?

:bandance: you guys are correct! GREAT car ! the tires were smoken as I went from pick up to the exit of the dealership and my new bud mad Mike was behind me in his new black vert w/ tungston stripes ( same color as mine) smoken his tires also!!! You guys would have been proud of us both ! I am not real sure what the dealership thought but knowing me they probally expected it . Tommorrow we will take some pictures and try and post them,Handles like a dream and stops better than anything I have ever had before, however I think there is one of those whipple things in the very near future and some gears and tires and wheels and who knows what else, thanks again and more imput top follow !!!!!!! :happy feet: :party::party: WORTH THE WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bandance: you guys are correct! GREAT car ! the tires were smoken as I went from pick up to the exit of the dealership and my new bud mad Mike was behind me in his new black vert w/ tungston stripes ( same color as mine) smoken his tires also!!! You guys would have been proud of us both !

Sounds like we need to chip in and buy you a gas mask. :wacko:

:bandance : you guys are correct! GREAT car ! the tires were smoken as I went from pick up to the exit of the dealership and my new bud mad Mike was behind me in his new black vert w/ tungston stripes ( same color as mine) smoken his tires also!!! You guys would have been proud of us both ! I am not real sure what the dealership thought but knowing me they probally expected it . Tommorrow we will take some pictures and try and post them,Handles like a dream and stops better than anything I have ever had before, however I think there is one of those whipple things in the very near future and some gears and tires and wheels and who knows what else, thanks again and more imput top follow !!!!!!! :happy feet: :party::party: WORTH THE WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK guys this F :censored: N PL holder finally got his car,

but I must say that the very 1st drive was kind of disappointing :doh:

I don't think it ever got out of that valet mode cause,

the more I drove it, the better it got. I did a small LITTLEdrag

against my bros Terminator and he pulled me cause I couldn't hook-up,

later up a grade it was by-by Terminator. :bandance:

RUF, you better get to work on your GT, cause it will need help :hysterical:

I am the proud fatchili partner that smoked the wheels leaving his dealer :shift:

We will be taking the cars (both black/tung mine being the Vert.) :happy feet:

to a car show and will post pics from that tomorrow

Archived