TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Production Number Question

66DNA

Hi everyone! I've had my 07 SGT for a year now...and tonight I bought an 08 SGT500! at MSRP.

She's Black with Alloy stripes.

I have read the GT 500 forum area in the past (most of my time being having been spent in the GT area, of course) and I 've read some of you state the Number of Cars Produced in your specific color and stripe package.

How would I find out how many 2008 GT 500's have been produced in my color combination? Black/Alloy?

Anyone?

Thanks!

Todd in BC

Fist of all, congrats on your new purchase! :happy feet: As far as production numbers go, you will only be able to find that out once the 2008 model year production is completed. For instance, the official numbers for the 2007 model year became available in late August, about 2 months after the 2007 model year production was completed. I guess that this should be the same this year with the 2008s. You will also be able to order a certificate from Ford performance that will confirm what number your car is in the overall sequence as well as in its color specific color sequence. Finally, coupes and convertibles have distinct sequences i.e. Ford doe not provide an overall sequence that includes both convertibles and coupes.

Hi everyone! I've had my 07 SGT for a year now...and tonight I bought an 08 SGT500! at MSRP.

Hi Todd,

I will be interested in your views of how the two cars differ and how they are similar. The Vegas Birthday Bash allowed those of us with SGTs to really get to know the GT500 cars. Having one of each is the ideal solution but those of us who can only afford one will need to rely on you for some input. I'm not looking for which one is "better" at one thing or the other as I am interested in general impressions so I can live vicariously through those of you who have both. :D Jim

Congrats on your new car. I wish i was able to add a '08 Vista Blue SGT to my stable to go along side my '08 Vista Blue GT-500 but i haven't found the correct 6 numbers in the lottery. Oh well, i'll keep trying.

As for both cars, i'm sure he'll report back what everybody has been saying about these cars. The SGT will get much better handling ratings while the GT-500 will get better engine performance ratings. I'd love to have a suspension set up similar to the SGT. That would make this car that much better but that's the beauty of the whole thing.....we can do whatever we want to these cars. The choices are unlimited.

Archived