TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who races their Shelby GT?

Curious to see who races their Shelby GT and what type of racing (strip or road racing)?

The only racing I have done is what you set up for us in Las Vegas a few weeks ago. Are we going back to Vegas in '09 for Mr. Shelby's birthday? Jim

I did one track day event at Watkins Glen last October and will be doing my second one at the Glen this June. The Glen is a 3.5 mi road course with many elevation changes - great track. The car did very well and with events like this the brakes did pretty well but in longer events I am sure they would start to fade. I think the car would also do better with a set of more aggressive performance tires. Future plans include 20 inch wheels and summer perormance tires.

I was there with a freind's Porsche club and I did well passing a few cars and keeping up with quite a few although this is non-competitive event. Very good for learning cornering techniques and the limits of your car. I will do this at least once a year. Fastest part of the track for me was the backstraight where I had the SGT up to 120MPH.

The only racing I have done is what you set up for us in Las Vegas a few weeks ago. Are we going back to Vegas in '09 for Mr. Shelby's birthday? Jim

clark17357, that was not real racing, that was performance driving. But it was a blast :happy feet: . Maybe some day real racing, but I for one have a lot to learn before then.

Curious to see who races their Shelby GT and what type of racing (strip or road racing)?

I Drag Race my Shelby.I turned 117.5mph @ 12.4sec stock with stock tires and 331 gears.

Now I now have several more mods including 3.73 gears and Drag radials I am looking to top 120mph and 11's.

I Drag Race my Shelby.I turned 117.5mph @ 12.4sec stock with stock tires.

Now that I have several mods including 3.73 gears and Drag radials I am looking to top 120mph and 11's

Those are very respectable numbers. Note the question at the top of the thread was "Who races their Shelby GT?"

Based on the information in your profile I assume you are running a GT 500 (JLT/CAI 2.6" Pulley,Corsa Axleback Mufflers,3.73 Gears. 559.35 HP and 517.76 Torque)

Can't do anything with mine as still sitting to go to Mod Shop and NO one seems to answer the phone! Bud, where are you?

Ed, check out speedventures.com. They have a couple of events a month all over CA. In May they have an event at CA speedway. I hope to be at that event and the 3-4 following events later this year at CA. I was waiting for them to finalize details before I posted an invite.

Ed, check out speedventures.com. They have a couple of events a month all over CA. In May they have an event at CA speedway. I hope to be at that event and the 3-4 following events later this year at CA. I was waiting for them to finalize details before I posted an invite.

I did check it out, Looks to be a fun time. Im going to try for Fontana also..........

Thanks

I Drag Race my Shelby.I turned 117.5mph @ 12.4sec stock with stock tires and 331 gears.

I now have several more mods including 3.73 gears and Drag radials I am looking to top 120mph and 11's.

You know, I have been thinking, even got the application mailed to me, about joining the SCCA here in Birmingham, Alabama. They have races I think once a month. You are just racing against the clock, but I was just thinking, if Mr. Shelby made this car to handle, instead of all straightline go fast, it might be interesting. Just curious what the adjustments and add ons up underneath would do on a solum (sp) course like that. Has anyone tried one of those type of course??????????

You know, I have been thinking, even got the application mailed to me, about joining the SCCA here in Birmingham, Alabama. They have races I think once a month. You are just racing against the clock, but I was just thinking, if Mr. Shelby made this car to handle, instead of all straightline go fast, it might be interesting. Just curious what the adjustments and add ons up underneath would do on a solum (sp) course like that. Has anyone tried one of those type of course??????????

I have run my car at both autocross and open track events. They car handles very flat and goes where ever my skill wants to send it. Others may get more out of it and may have found its limitations. The only limitations I have found so far are my skill limitations.

For those of you that road race your Shelby GT and have brake fade issues, there's a company called Agent 47 that makes a brake duct cooling system that fits into the front air dam of the Shelby GT. I've never heard of them until I just bought my GT-H and found a couple of their stickers on my car. They used my GT-H to design and fit the ducts for the front air dam. Here's the sticker I found, and then the picture I found on their web site.

102_behind_filter.JPG

galleryhome9_lg.gif

Friday, February 22 2008 - Thunderhill Raceway

February Frolic! Thunderhill 2-22-08

Plan on joining us for this "Early spring" event at The Hill - all four run groups are offered and we hope some of the intrepid drivers from the Hooked On Minis the day before will come and show us their stuff in making their event two days...Y'all come on now...

[Event Info]

Registration Fee: $285.00

A - Beginner - AVAILABLE

B - Intermediate - AVAILABLE

C - Advanced - AVAILABLE

D - Race-Prepped - AVAILABLE

X - Coaches Only - AVAILABLE

Thunderhill Raceway Park 5250 Hwy 162

Willows Ca., 95988

For those of you that road race your Shelby GT and have brake fade issues, there's a company called Agent 47 that makes a brake duct cooling system that fits into the front air dam of the Shelby GT. I've never heard of them until I just bought my GT-H and found a couple of their stickers on my car. They used my GT-H to design and fit the ducts for the front air dam. Here's the sticker I found, and then the picture I found on their web site.

102_behind_filter.JPG

galleryhome9_lg.gif

Put some air to those things and viloa train horns! :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Thunderhill Raceway Park Willows Ca. yesterday and had a great time. Got lots of track time (enought to kill my brakes) The track is three miles with lots of elevation changes the only thang that dissapointed me was there were no Mustangs there I was the only one. Whats with that?

post-9428-1203811594_thumb.jpg

post-9428-1203811644_thumb.jpg

post-9428-1203811722_thumb.jpg

post-9428-1203811594_thumb.jpg

post-9428-1203811644_thumb.jpg

post-9428-1203811722_thumb.jpg

Man your car looks sweet! Those big wheels on the back just make it look even more bad a$$...and good to see it out front representin'. Damn I hate that we don't have a track like that, or any road track at all for that matter, around here.

Archived