TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally got a VIN!

Snakehead

After ordering on March 23rd (I had a deposit down since March of 2005), I received a call from my dealer yesterday informing me that by my order was "pulled for build." A follow-up call today revealed that a VIN was assigned this afternoon, 1ZVHT88S475230424. :happy feet: :party:

Any guidance on how I can track the build and delivery process would be greatly appreciated. I ordered from a mid-sized Delaware SVT dealer (No 2 on their list) who expects to receive 5 or 6 cars this year. Any insight as to the significance of the VIN numbers would also be welcome.

Thank you in advance.

After ordering on March 23rd (I had a deposit down since March of 2005), I received a call from my dealer yesterday informing me that by my order was "pulled for build." A follow-up call today revealed that a VIN was assigned this afternoon, 1ZVHT88S475230424. :happy feet: :party:

Any guidance on how I can track the build and delivery process would be greatly appreciated. I ordered from a mid-sized Delaware SVT dealer (No 2 on their list) who expects to receive 5 or 6 cars this year. Any insight as to the significance of the VIN numbers would also be welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Ford customer service as mentioned in previous post, but you need your vin#

Good Luck

Yes, VIN will help but it's not mandatory. Whenever I call Ford CS I just give them the dealer code, body style (T88) and my order number.

Funny Didn`t work for me , the person I talk to couldn`t get anything on the Shelby & I gave him all those codes.Told me I needed vin# Did I call the Right #?(800 392 3673)

Funny Didn`t work for me , the person I talk to couldn`t get anything on the Shelby & I gave him all those codes.Told me I needed vin# Did I call the Right #?(800 392 3673)

Yeah, it must be who you talked to. I've called CS 3 times, and it's worked everytime. :shrug:

OT sort of,

The 1st call I made to customer service was funny, The lady hadn't heard of the Shelby, I was surprised enough by that, then she said she didn't even know what the '05 Mustang GT looked like...

At that point I figured that she is ill-informed. She was however, very helpful as she pulled up my info without a VIN.

Thanks, T

Archived