TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Widest Rims & Tire Combo

I bought new tires, Nitto Invo fronts 255/35/20 and rears 295/35/20 (new size).

I have Shelby Razors 20x9x40mm offset.

Sent out rims to Weldcraft wheels to have them widen to 10.5 so I could fit a 305 in the future and mount my 295 for know.

Price to widen rim is $250.00 per wheel up to 3".

Check out pictures and tell what you think if I could fit 20x11 instead of 10.5.

CIMG2623.jpg

CIMG2621.jpg

CIMG2617.jpg

CIMG2616.jpg

CIMG2612.jpg

CIMG2611.jpg

Pretty cool Louie. Let's see the pics from the rear with the 295's on.

Also, my 275's already rubbed before Tasca put the Panhard Rod on. I recall back around last Marck/April that someone posted a max tire size of 275, as 285's rubbed. Aren't your 295's rubbing?

I heard the GT500 can handle 305's but that's because they are so much higher than the SGT.

Pretty cool getting your wheels widened though. Good luck.

Pretty cool Louie. Let's see the pics from the rear with the 295's on.

Also, my 275's already rubbed before Tasca put the Panhard Rod on. I recall back around last Marck/April that someone posted a max tire size of 275, as 285's rubbed. Aren't your 295's rubbing?

I heard the GT500 can handle 305's but that's because they are so much higher than the SGT.

Pretty cool getting your wheels widened though. Good luck.

Adam had them mounted on razors but they had a pretty good size budge. Broke them down and sent them out.

When I had the tires mounted no rubbing at all and had my Tokico's set on the softest setting.

On my SGT I have a set of 17x8, 17x9 bullets 235 front and 295/45/17 MT on the rear and no rubbing. Went to the track with this set up works great at 18psi dumping clutch at 6k 1.6 60ft

I also run the 275 Nitto's 18's on the rear, Before I left the track in Vegas I looked under the car to make sure everything was ok, I did see some tire ware on the inside drivers side of the tire, it was 2' long scrape not bad though, I also have the adjustable panard bar and steeda lca's, But my car did take a unplaned high speed trip off the road course at the end of the long straight away(daughter)..Rick

On my SGT I have a set of 17x8, 17x9 bullets 235 front and 295/45/17 MT on the rear and no rubbing. Went to the track with this set up works great at 18psi dumping clutch at 6k 1.6 60ft

Hey Louie... If I could just get down to 1.6 60' I'd be in the 11's. I'm a little wary of trying the 6K launch. Are you running with a stock clutch and drive shaft? I'm planning on going to a Spec clutch/flywheel and an aluminum drive shaft this spring.

Have you got your roll cage in yet? I guess it's a little too cold up there now to run anyway, need to bring your car to Florida for the winter!!!

Hey Louie... If I could just get down to 1.6 60' I'd be in the 11's. I'm a little wary of trying the 6K launch. Are you running with a stock clutch and drive shaft? I'm planning on going to a Spec clutch/flywheel and an aluminum drive shaft this spring.

Have you got your roll cage in yet? I guess it's a little too cold up there now to run anyway, need to bring your car to Florida for the winter!!!

Checking out MMR roll cage! I ran a 26/11.50/17 at 12psi they hook like mad at 6k 11.43et , yes I have alum power house shaft, CHE Loop, and on and on and on. When I was at track I had stock clutch, just changed over to Sec2+ using stock flywheel 463rwhp/411 rwtq.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived