TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hi-res pics of Alloy/Satin Silver combo?

mcduck

Does anyone have some hi-res pictures of an Alloy GT500 with Satin Silver stripes (coupe and/or convertible)?

I'm trying to finalize my color combo... I was decided on going Alloy 'vert with side stripe delete, but have since seen pics of Torch Red 'vert with over the top stripes added and it looks pretty damn good. I know they didn't have them on the original Shelby convertibles, but IMO it just doesn't 'look' like a Shelby without the over the top stripes. Thinking I may order with stripe delete and have the dealership order a coupe silver stripe kit to add before I go pick the car up.

Does anyone have some hi-res pictures of an Alloy GT500 with Satin Silver stripes (coupe and/or convertible)?

I'm trying to finalize my color combo... I was decided on going Alloy 'vert with side stripe delete, but have since seen pics of Torch Red 'vert with over the top stripes added and it looks pretty damn good. I know they didn't have them on the original Shelby convertibles, but IMO it just doesn't 'look' like a Shelby without the over the top stripes. Thinking I may order with stripe delete and have the dealership order a coupe silver stripe kit to add before I go pick the car up.

sould have took some pics of the vert with silver stripes, but I can tell you it looked nice...not over kill like the coupes...but enough for the average joe to know what you were driving...and the alloy looks almost purple sometimes under the dealers showroom lights...my vote is for the side stripes..( if its a vert) coupe...I don't know...probably keep all the stripes :wacko:

Guest evilchris

sould have took some pics of the vert with silver stripes, but I can tell you it looked nice...not over kill like the coupes...but enough for the average joe to know what you were driving...and the alloy looks almost purple sometimes under the dealers showroom lights...my vote is for the side stripes..( if its a vert) coupe...I don't know...probably keep all the stripes :wacko:

It's Tungsten that has the blue/purple hue, not Alloy!

Weird....

Yeah...may have been the florusent lights, but even the Mrs. said something about it....figured out that maybe the saleman was thinking of the hertz shelbys...*only 500 thread...when he said he read they were only producing 500...does that sound right??? 500 hertz shelbys...

Andy - looks like you're still undecided.

I thought you had made up your mind.

I am... at least on what I'm ordering. Alloy 'vert, side delete, premium interior, *maybe* Sirius tuner. Only debating the last option as I will likely put an aftermarket stereo in the car at some point in the future.

If I do over the top stripes it has to be a dealer install thing after the fact. So, if I decide to add the stripes, I'll order them separately. Philosophy is still that I can add the side and/or overtop stripes much easier than having factory installed side stripes removed.

Just figured now that more GT500s are being delivered I may be able to see some nice pics of an alloy with stripes (or better yet see one in person!).

Yes, there are pics elsewhere on the forum...in the pics thread. Look around.

Yes, there are pics elsewhere on the forum...in the pics thread. Look around.

I'll look around a little more then, but if you are referring to the pics in the 'spy photos' section they are kind of small and not hi-res. Hoping some new GT500 owners will be getting photo happy now they are receiving their cars. :D

I'll look around a little more then, but if you are referring to the pics in the 'spy photos' section they are kind of small and not hi-res. Hoping some new GT500 owners will be getting photo happy now they are receiving their cars. :D

No, not in spy section. They are big pics.....good ones.

thanks for the pics and links. They are helping form my final decision. Sticking with the delete stripes from factory, but the more photos I see, the more I think I'll order the coupe stripe kit in satin silver to add once the car arrives. That looks just tooooo sweeeeet! :drool:

Try this site, these are the best I have found.

I ordered the alloy with satin silver coupe.

http://www.texastoys.com/all_big.php?car_id=189

I hope that helped.

it did! thx... going to save a few of these and try to use PShop to match the color scheme to some 'vert pics I have

post-6151-1154548758_thumb.jpgsorry alloy w/tungston!!!!

At first, I thought you had mislabeled that. I thought "that looks an aweful lot like satin silver"... and it does at first glance. I then opened the image side-by-side with a coupe with satin silver stripes. The two are very similar looking, but the tungsten is definitely darker. I think in bright sunlight, they can be confused, but get the same two in shadows and you'll not the difference much more. Between the two, I still like the greater contrast of the ss on the alloy.

Thanks again everyone, I have it on good authority my order will be placed next Tuesday. They've told me that before, but this time one of the partners who owns the dealership said she would be personally calling me next week. So, I think its officially on! Now, just a matter of waiting for them to build and deliver the darn thing. :lol:

actually, I think fatchile stated in a related thread the pics he posted were, in fact, of an ebony GT500. Although, he did have the stripes correct. They are tungsten.

True mcduck...he did. Fatchile, can you edit your post and remove the pic or change the thread title to avoid future confusion? You're driving us color blind here. Heck, I couldn't even tell the rear seats were not red inserted. :hysterical:

Thanks, Dave

Archived