TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So would a Terlingua Mustang be a Track Rabbit...

Blip

Very cool -- you are relly talented!!

I do some photography and play with photoshop quitee a bit, but I'm impressed by anyone who can make artwork roll off their fingers! I know it's alot harder than it looks and you're very good!!

Curious, have you been doing it for a long time? Is is something that comes to you naturally? Very nice...

Dan

Thanks, I've been drawing commissioned CAR-toon art for over 10 years.

Mostly designs for car owners, some club t-shirts, and a few jobs for some commercial clients.

It's kind of a hobby-business for me since retiring from the Coast Guard in 1997.

(Noticed that some of my toons have popped up as avatars on this site too.)

First starting doodling toons back in the 60's in jr high and discovered that

people would give me stuff for a CAR-toon. In high school, got almost

ever speed part for my Mustang by trading artwork.

...instead of a track dog car!

Well as I wait to hear more details about how to order one, heres what I do to pass the time.

TRabbit.jpg

NICE 'toon, Blip!!!! Welcome!!!

We are not taking orders- or starting an order list- as of yet. If you wish for us to contact you when the time comes, shoot me a PM and I will forward that contact info so we can call you.

All you had to do was ask! ;)

Chris

PS-- Hey, George!!! Hey, Dan!!!! Hope you guys are GREAT!!! Oh, wait...you ARE great!!! :happy feet:

~C

• 8 months later...

Welcome to Team Shelby Blip! Wonderful artwork; you definately have an eye to capture the nuances of these cars.

Do you have a website that members could go to and see more of your work, or perhaps comission you to illistrate their cars for them?

Welcome to Team Shelby Blip! Wonderful artwork; you definately have an eye to capture the nuances of these cars.

Do you have a website that members could go to and see more of your work, or perhaps comission you to illistrate their cars for them?

Earlier this morning, I just sent him a PM asking the same question... Will have to see what the response is :happy feet:

All I need is a quick update (Pit Stripes, Numbers and maybe a decal in the 1/4 window) to his original white SGT...

post-8727-1223052968_thumb.jpg

Drive Safe!

07SGT0547

post-8727-1223052968_thumb.jpg

Thanks for peeking at my doodles!

Seeing all the details in everyone's photos helped me to add more detailing to the CAR-toon.

Also, was able to add that third color based on pictures of "somebody's" car. ^_^ :rolleyes: :D

0547--received the pm, and I've got some help working on something that could make it easier for me to answer.

Know that's a strange response, but I hope to clear it all up soon.

I do have a website, but it's so out of date I would rather not post a link to it.

(Need to get some help to update it--sadly can create digital images, but don't know a lick about web design.) :nonono:

Thanks for peeking at my doodles!

Seeing all the details in everyone's photos helped me to add more detailing to the CAR-toon.

Also, was able to add that third color based on pictures of "somebody's" car. ^_^ :rolleyes: :D

0547--received the pm, and I've got some help working on something that could make it easier for me to answer.

Know that's a strange response, but I hope to clear it all up soon.

I do have a website, but it's so out of date I would rather not post a link to it.

(Need to get some help to update it--sadly can create digital images, but don't know a lick about web design.) :nonono:

Blip, you CARtoons are simple awesome -- you have an amazing talent!

Fyi, there's a member on here, MoTheDigitalDiva, in Denver who, with her hubby does website and design work and videography, if I recall. I don't know her personally but thought possibly your drawing skill and her website skill might have some mutually beneficial intersect? Dunno... just thought I'd mention.

My daughter is also a professional graphic artist and web designer but she's up to her eyeballs in work right now.

Blip, you CARtoons are simple awesome -- you have an amazing talent!

Fyi, there's a member on here, MoTheDigitalDiva, in Denver who, with her hubby does website and design work and videography, if I recall. I don't know her personally but thought possibly your drawing skill and her website skill might have some mutually beneficial intersect? Dunno... just thought I'd mention.

My daughter is also a professional graphic artist and web designer but she's up to her eyeballs in work right now.

Thanks for the comment and info!

I've got a few too many things floating about right now, but once

things settle down, I'll turn my attention to the web site.

Archived