TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shoes !

shelby tom

I got back my rear Razor wheels from weldcraft yesterday...they were widened 1 1/2". I have mounted Toyo Proxes T1R 305/30 tires on them....and have a matching set 255/35 for the front. The car was previously lowered with the Eibach 40th Anniversary kit, and clearance is OK all around with the meatier rubber. I still haven't installed the adjustable panhard bar, but that will correct the slight shift of rear end to left side. Photos follow below....sorry for a couple of the blurred shots...guess I was a bit shakey with excitement !!

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those look great. We are all looking to put as much rubber on the road as we can, especically you GT500 guys, given the S/C. How much was your car lowered? I just did not think 305s would fit but your car is proof that they do. Keep us up to date as you road test things. Thanks. Jim

Hey Tom,

How are you doing buddy??? Sorry we missed you at Carrolls birthday bash. John and I were there. Let me know how this goes. Looks great!!! I guess you won't know if there are any rubbing issues until you get the adjustable panhard on. Keep us informed!!!

KingCobra.

WOW! Looks great. I can't wait to hear how it performs versus the 275's on the 40th. There are several of us that are very, very interested in how this works after you get the adjustable panhard bar installed. I think this is exactly what I want to do if it works. Keep us posted.

Hey Tom,

How are you doing buddy??? Sorry we missed you at Carrolls birthday bash. John and I were there. Let me know how this goes. Looks great!!! I guess you won't know if there are any rubbing issues until you get the adjustable panhard on. Keep us informed!!!

KingCobra.

Hi James - How are things up in the great north? Sorry I had to miss the birthday bash...maybe we'll see ya around at some other events. Panhard, steeda shifter and the FRPP CAI are going on next week....but winter is stubbornly set in down here, so probably still many weeks before I can road test everything. Take care, Shelby Tom

I got back my rear Razor wheels from weldcraft yesterday...they were widened 1 1/2". I have mounted Toyo Proxes T1R 305/30 tires on them....and have a matching set 255/35 for the front. The car was previously lowered with the Eibach 40th Anniversary kit, and clearance is OK all around with the meatier rubber. I still haven't installed the adjustable panhard bar, but that will correct the slight shift of rear end to left side. Photos follow below....sorry for a couple of the blurred shots...guess I was a bit shakey with excitement !!

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

Looks Great! But your Right Rear tire is mounted backwards!!

Those Toyo's are directional tread!

Looks Great! But your Right Rear tire is mounted backwards!!

Those Toyo's are directional tread!

Yes, yes, yes...left and right...I just put one to check fitment and take the photos. Trust me, they're on the "right" foot now.

Razors/Alcoas :nonono: should already come in wider widths, it's great we can find companies that do widening, but SAI should have saw this coming and offered wider rims to begin with. We as consumers have to improve what they should have made standard!! :banghead: By the way looks great, looks like that is what I'm going to do with my original 18" rims ....

Those were 20x9 to start with and are now 20x10.5? What was the offset to begin with?

I am doing something similar with a set of stock wheels but going to 11". Hope to put 335/35/18 nittos on them.

Your combo looks great. Just trying to compare numbers.

Yes, 20x9 and widened to 10.5" As for offset, what ever the "stock" Razor comes with + 1.5"....all of the added width is on inside of wheel, ...do a search...I believe I have seen posts from owners that have had the stock 18" wheels widened to 11"

Those were 20x9 to start with and are now 20x10.5? What was the offset to begin with?

I am doing something similar with a set of stock wheels but going to 11". Hope to put 335/35/18 nittos on them.

Your combo looks great. Just trying to compare numbers.

Please let us know if this works. I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Are you planning on staying with the stock 255/45/18's on the front?

Please let us know if this works. I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Are you planning on staying with the stock 255/45/18's on the front?

No, I stayed with 20" Razors in front..to keep the original look of the 40th anniv pkg...I am running 255/35s on the front.

Either I am still drunk or those pix are blurry beyond recognition!

From the one non blurry pic from behind, they seem narrower than stock?

I like the rims though, look very hot from the side

Yes, the photos were very blurry...sorry...here are three more slightly less blurred photos (I guess I have to go to picture taking school!!)... as for width the stock 285 tires are about 11.25" wide and the 305's are right at 12"

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

Looks great! Please keep us posted on how your combo does on the road. I would especially like to know your appreciation of the Toyos vs the standard Goodyears as far as wet and dry grip as well as overall comfort (road noise, ride) are concerned. I do have Toyos T1R on my Audi S4 and am very satisfied, but mine are a much smaller dimension (225/45 17') and the S4 has totally different ride/handling characteristics vs the Shelby. Just wondered how these tires are suited to a car like the GT500. I will definitely need to change these original rubbers soon and even though I am keeping my stock rims for the foreseeable future, I'm looking at my options for replacement tires, besides the OEM Goodyears.

It costs $250.00 per wheel from weldcraft. I am expecting a set back from them any day.

What kind of set back?

I've been waiting since November on a silver set with no luck yet.

I have to say, if it didn't have the Shelby name on it, I'd never buy a product from American Racing again. I've been nothing short of lied to and ignored from that company.

Normal production of the Silver Razors have been for the GT500 discontinued. AR will only produce them in lots of 60 or 80 sets. Or so I've been told. How can you have a brand new wheel, a brand new car and do this? Doesn't matter....The only other wheel I wanted for it was a CS67 Shelby Wheel...LOL They don't make it for the GT500 either.

Hopefully in the next month I'll find out something.

The only other wheel I wanted for it was a CS67 Shelby Wheel...LOL They don't make it for the GT500 either.

Hopefully in the next month I'll find out something.

I also want these wheels in 18's. There not available for the GT500???

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

Tom,

I'm curious. Why didn't you go with Pirelli's in 305/35 on the rear and keep your fronts the same? Is there a height or fit problem with the 305/35's?

Tom,

I'm curious. Why didn't you go with Pirelli's in 305/35 on the rear and keep your fronts the same? Is there a height or fit problem with the 305/35's?

I didn't know Pirelli made that size...but I did look at Nitto's in that size...I was a bit concerned about the added diameter and height over the 275/35 I took off...almost an 1" taller...the 305/30 is same height as the stock 18's...and then there's the cost...I got the 4 Toyos for about same as the price as 2 Pirellis in a big size.

Could you have gone to 11"s?

I don't think so...although I've read on the Tech forum some guys have widened their stock 18" wheels to 11" to accommodate 315 size drag radials....they have to be doing some modifications to the rear wheel well and/or suspension components back there. I have maybe 3/16" clearance between tire sidewall and rear brake cooling duct. I wouldn't go any wider....and the 305's look just fine on a 10.5" wheel IMO...no bulge.

Razors/Alcoas :nonono: should already come in wider widths, it's great we can find companies that do widening, but SAI should have saw this coming and offered wider rims to begin with. We as consumers have to improve what they should have made standard!! :banghead: By the way looks great, looks like that is what I'm going to do with my original 18" rims ....

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I've told my story on the Razor, My second choice was the CS67, but it won't even fit a GT500...

A Shelby wheel that won't fit a Shelby. That's just priceless... :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Archived