TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Replacement Air Filters?

Does anyone know where we can buy replacement air filter elements?

I asked a local SVT/FRP Ford dealer parts guy and he said Ford hasn't released them, yet?

The manual says they are not designed to be cleaned and re-oiled like K&N 's

Has anyone found a source?

Thanks!!

I believe it is the standard Steeda / Ford Racing air filter that can be cleaned and re-oiled like a K&N. The Shelby GT Supplement that came with my owners manual says it is a lifetime filter that can be serviced. It also listed Shelby part numbers for the maintenance kit and replacement filter.

Air filter maintenance kit SGT350CL

Air filter replacement SGT350F

I prefer a filter that isn't oiled so I replaced mine with an AIMSOIL EA Air Induction Filter. Part number EAAU6075 matched the stock filter.

http://www.syntheticwarehouse.com/nanofibe...air_filters.htm

I believe it is the standard Steeda / Ford Racing air filter that can be cleaned and re-oiled like a K&N. The Shelby GT Supplement that came with my owners manual says it is a lifetime filter that can be serviced. It also listed Shelby part numbers for the maintenance kit and replacement filter.

Air filter maintenance kit SGT350CL

Air filter replacement SGT350F

I prefer a filter that isn't oiled so I replaced mine with an AIMSOIL EA Air Induction Filter. Part number EAAU6075 matched the stock filter.

http://www.syntheticwarehouse.com/nanofibe...air_filters.htm

+1...You beat me to it while I was composing my reply.

Yes, the FRP filter is a "lifetime" filter, check page 32 of the Shelby GT handbook.

I don't like oiled filters either, but the FRP is washable (I use brake cleaner), and can be blown out and dried with compressed air. Oiling is your choice after that.

+1...You beat me to it while I was composing my reply.

Yes, the FRP filter is a "lifetime" filter, check page 32 of the Shelby GT handbook.

I don't like oiled filters either, but the FRP is washable (I use brake cleaner), and can be blown out and dried with compressed air. Oiling is your choice after that.

:redcard::stop:

you need to reoil a cotton gause filter for it work effectivly if you dont much dust will get in you motor.

:redcard::stop:

you need to reoil a cotton gause filter for it work effectivly if you dont much dust will get in you motor.

Nope. Been doing this too long to buy that. For everyday urban use, it's fine dry.

Ain't nothing in the air around me that isn't getting into my lungs, so, if it's not killing me, it ain't hurting my engine.

If I was in a high dust environment, maybe. But, I'd be wearing some breathing apparatus as well.

Nope. Been doing this too long to buy that. For everyday urban use, it's fine dry.

Ain't nothing in the air around me that isn't getting into my lungs, so, if it's not killing me, it ain't hurting my engine.

If I was in a high dust environment, maybe. But, I'd be wearing some breathing apparatus as well.

i dont know i have run into way tomany unexpected dust clouds (construction adjasent dirt roads ect.) but then i do live in MN so we have 2 seasons winter and road construction. so that and the fact that im driving a limited car that cost as much as my house payment every month makes me say ill take the extra precaution of oiling my filter as they suggest.

P.S. our lungs have a better lubrication system and much larger tolerences :)

Archived