TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question for the members!

JeffIsHereToo

All:

I know it was a pain at first but I have really come to appreciate having areas to just talk and BS about all things SGT, the Discussion areas, and another where it's just serious car talk, the Mod and Tech Forum.

I want to know if you guys and gals think so too and if over the course of the next few weekends you think it would be useful to go back through all the old stuff and move it over to the correct area for faster reference. As it stands now there are more than 40,000 messages and I for one would love to be able the scroll through the car stuff and read or find something rather than having to scroll past all the gas cap threads.

Anyway, I am happy to leave it as is and just maintain going forward but, don't want to put the effort in only to have people creating more threads about the moved threads, and well, you know what I mean. Besides it's bound to take more than a few ours of work and if it's not appreciated... :banghead:

So tell me how you feel and maybe give me something to do this weekend! :hysterical2:

-Jeff

Just like I posted today in another thread somewhere here, it would be nice to be able to review old posts when necessary. But, moving them over here could be confusing too.

If we had some "read only" access to them, it might be beneficial. However, I think it's time to move on.

If some of us have to (as I have had to) recreate from scratch our 411, maybe that's good? New technology and updated resources are always more valuable than what was going on 6 months ago.

Whatever...I'm still trying to figure out why my screen colors keep changing, now everything appears pink, and my sig is a deep blue even I cannot read, rather than the carbon fiber and black and white I woke up with this morning. Can you guys please put just one brain on the task and leave him alone?

"Too many cooks spoil the pot"...

I liked the old format of everything together, but now that we've started playing in this bigger sandbox, it's kind of nice to be able to search by "topics". If you're looking for hood scoop fix info (or lack there of) it's nice to know where to start, but I think we'd all agree if the project is a complete pain in the a$$, just leave it as is Jeff.

P.S.--it's nice having more than 25 posts again!!!

i think what Jeff is saying is that ALL the THREADS were moved over. he wants to know if he and i go in and take some of the old threads out or move them would yall be OK with it. delete the double posts and such.

is this right Jeff?

michael morris

Right. Sorry if I wasn't clear. There is LOTS of REALLY good stuff buried here and I'd like to see it better organized and easier to find. This is important information, important history, and today you need to scroll through 100 pages if you're not sure what to search on and even if you do the result set is again full of "Gas Cap" threads etc.

If we organize the important mechanical stuff, car history stuff, etc, separating the wheat from the chaff so to speak we'll have a better chance of preserving this stuff.

-jeff

I liked the old format of everything together, but now that we've started playing in this bigger sandbox, it's kind of nice to be able to search by "topics". If you're looking for hood scoop fix info (or lack there of) it's nice to know where to start, but I think we'd all agree if the project is a complete pain in the a$$, just leave it as is Jeff.

P.S.--it's nice having more than 25 posts again!!!

The problem is...Once again...Human nature.

It's very human to be lazy, and many of us don't bother searching for any 411 before posting. We just blurt out our thoughts and questions in a new topic. This is how (and why) we end up with multiple threads on brakes, exhaust, hood struts, hood scoops and such. Just peek at the SGT mods forum? There is no less than four "big brake" topics, and just a while ago, now two on hood struts.

If you really want to do any "merging", merge the multiple threads on one topic into one thread?

Worked for me when I owned an automotive web site.

The problem is...Once again...Human nature.

It's very human to be lazy, and many of us don't bother searching for any 411 before posting. We just blurt out our thoughts and questions in a new topic. This is how (and why) we end up with multiple threads on brakes, exhaust, hood struts, hood scoops and such. Just peek at the SGT mods forum? There is no less than four "big brake" topics, and just a while ago, now two on hood struts.

If you really want to do any "merging", merge the multiple threads on one topic into one thread?

Worked for me when I owned an automotive web site.

Agreed! I see the tools so I just need to sat aside the time.

Thanks!

-Jeff

Archived