TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does your 2008 have a TUET 5800 or TUET 8175 B

Grabber

The original transmission part number is TUET5800.

The new transmission part number is TUET8175B.

I am interested to know when these new transmissions started going into the 2008 GT500.

The drawing for the revised transmission was released and approved on 8/9/07.

The only change is in the input shaft that interfaces with the clutch spline hub.

Tremec did 2 things to the input shaft.

1.) The input shaft has a revision in diameter of the groves in the 26 splines. Tremec's drawing shows a "higher pin diameter". That is a form of measurement in the ten thousandths. It is a very minor change that made the groves a little wider in the splines to give a little looser tolerance with the clutch hub.

2.) The input shaft is highley polished after it is manufactured.

If you look on the side of your transmission it will have a metal tag on it that looks like this:

th_Clutch-TrannyReplacementparts040.jpg

The top left number is the ford parts number. The top right number is the coded tranny build date.

The bottom left number is the tremec part number (TUET#). The bottom right is the serial #.

To find out the date of the tranny manufacture this is the decoder.

A=Jan

B=Feb

C=Mar

D=April

E=May

F=June

G=July

H=Aug

J=Sept

K=Oct

L=Nov

M=Dec

The 2 numbers after the letter represent the day the tranny was built.

The next number is the year.

7=2007

8=2008

The next number is the shift it was built in.

1=Shift 1

2=Shift 2

So with that being said, lets try to pin down just when the new revised transmission started going into the 2008 GT500's. POST YOUR MODEL NUMBER AND MANUFACTURE DATE OF YOUR TRANNY.

Take a photo of your tag if you can.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will go first.

My replacement tranny is a

TUET8175B

Manufacture code = M2671

Which is decoded to Dec. 26th 2007 on shift 1

The only way to photo the tag besides removing it, is to use a mirror, I didn't have or I should say I don't have the best photo skills to begin with. I took this pix a few days ago. How do you feel about your tranny being built the day after Xmas? Pix won't load, must be to big.

I'm very curious if anyone remembers hearing a vacuum when checking the fluid level? Mine does it after cool down.

Grabber

Here is a pic of my tag

http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/h...08SHELBY082.jpg

http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/h...08SHELBY081.jpg

So its the TUET 5800, build date of August 2nd 07 2nd shift? :shrug:

Not sure of build date but my window sticker looks to have a date of 08-09-07, but not sure what it relates to. Purchased car 1st week of November 07 so I am guessing it is an early 08 build.

Does this mean I have the dreaded clutch / trans problem in my future? :banghead:

Grabber

Here is a pic of my tag

http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/h...08SHELBY082.jpg

http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/h...08SHELBY081.jpg

So its the TUET 5800, build date of August 2nd 07 2nd shift? :shrug:

Not sure of build date but my window sticker looks to have a date of 08-09-07, but not sure what it relates to. Purchased car 1st week of November 07 so I am guessing it is an early 08 build.

Does this mean I have the dreaded clutch / trans problem in my future? :banghead:

The approved drawing for the new tranny input shaft was released as "approved" on August 9th, 2007.

The Teflon lube started 3 months before your car was produced, so when the tranny was mated to the engine....it got the lube. I have not heard of any 2008 owners having any problems, so you should be fine.

The purpose of this thread is to find out when the new tranny started showing up in the 2008 cars. That is unknown right now. Thanks for checking and posting.

The approved drawing for the new tranny input shaft was released as "approved" on August 9th, 2007.

The Teflon lube started 3 months before your car was produced, so when the tranny was mated to the engine....it got the lube. I have not heard of any 2008 owners having any problems, so you should be fine.

The purpose of this thread is to find out when the new tranny started showing up in the 2008 cars. That is unknown right now. Thanks for checking and posting.

I see the tag, but cannot get a mirror to look. There is next to no clearance. If I remove the bolt holding the tag will I upset anything or is there another way to track down the Trans serial number? I tried to remove the bolt, with hand tools, but I must not be eating enough spinach. The 15 mm bolt wouldn't break free. What is the torque setting for that bolt?

Thx.

I have been doing some more research.

As I stated in Post #1 Tremec approved the revision to the input shaft on 8/9/07. Per discussion with Tremec, it could of taken up to 2 months to get this drawing implemented into a finished product on the production line. I was told by Tremec that some of the TUET5800 series transmissions got this revision before the official part number was changed to TUET8175B.

This makes since to me because I have 2 friends that were waiting along time for the revised transmissions back in that time period.

One of them recieved his transmission the 3rd week of October 2007 and the other one recieved his the 2nd week of November.

Both of these transmissions have Mid October 2007 manufacture dates stamped on the transmission tag.

IMO, based on my research, any Tremec transmission with a manufacture date of mid Oct. 2007 and on, has the newly designed input shaft in it regardless of weather or not it says TUET5800 or TUET8175B on it.

As I stated in Post #1 Tremec approved the revision to the input shaft on 8/9/07. Per discussion with Tremec, it could of taken up to 2 months to get this drawing implemented into a finished product on the production line. I was told by Tremec that some of the TUET5800 series transmissions got this revision before the official part number was changed to TUET8175B.

This makes since to me because I have 2 friends that were waiting along time for the revised transmissions back in that time period.

One of them recieved his transmission the 3rd week of October 2007 and the other one recieved his the 2nd week of November.

Both of these transmissions have Mid October 2007 manufacture dates stamped on the transmission tag.

IMO, based on my research, any Tremec transmission with a manufacture date of mid Oct. 2007 and on, has the newly designed input shaft in it regardless of weather or not it says TUET5800 or TUET8175B on it.

I did some more digging and found out that only 20-30 transmissions with the Part number TUET5800 were produced that have the new input shaft that is now standard in the new TUET8175 model. I also found out that the new input shaft Part number TUFM6047 is not available to buy seperately. Not even Ford can order one. You have to buy the entire tranny if you needed a new input shaft. It might become available after the tranny is 2 years old which would be in about 6 months.

I also wanted to find out what our input shaft is good for. Well, it's good for 600 pound feet of torque. Also in case you are wondering, our transmissions hold 3.46 litres of tranny fluid with a +/- factor of 4 oz. To be exact, it holds 117 oz or 3.657 quarts. In simple terms that would be 3.7 quarts on the high end or 3.6 quarts on the low end of the spec.

Without jacking the car up, how can I check mine for you? I stuck a camera underneath and blindly took several shots, and don't see anything. What side should I be shooting from underneath?

There really is no way to see it from below, the tag faces the floor pan and is only an inch or less away. I just took the bolt out with the tag. Took 2 min, 15mm, extension and swivel. :superhero:

I have the bad one :( My car was built in Oct. 2006.

To date no issues though :) I went out and tested it again and no dragging extra hiss etc.

I am split between not wanting and issue and just wanting it now to get it over with :banghead:

I am interested to know when these new transmissions started going into the 2008 GT500.

The only change is in the input shaft that interfaces with the clutch spline hub.

1.) The input shaft has a revision in diameter of the groves in the 26 splines. Tremec's drawing shows a "higher pin diameter". That is a form of measurement in the ten thousandths. It is a very minor change that made the groves a little wider in the splines to give a little looser tolerance with the clutch hub.

If you look on the side of your transmission it will have a metal tag on it that looks like this:

The top left number is the ford parts number. The top right number is the coded tranny build date.

The bottom left number is the tremec part number (TUET#). The bottom right is the serial #.

A=Jan

B=Feb

C=Mar

D=April

E=May

F=June

G=July

H=Aug

J=Sept

K=Oct

L=Nov

M=Dec

7=2007

8=2008

1=Shift 1

2=Shift 2

So with that being said, lets try to pin down just when the new revised transmission started going into the 2008 GT500's. POST YOUR MODEL NUMBER AND MANUFACTURE DATE OF YOUR TRANNY.

Mine is a TUET 5800 H is there something I should watch for :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

A=Jan

B=Feb

C=Mar

D=April

E=May

F=June

G=July

H=Aug

J=Sept

K=Oct

L=Nov

M=Dec

7=2007

8=2008

1=Shift 1

2=Shift 2

wow.gif

I guess none of the 2008 guys are able to check and see if they have the 2nd generation tranny!

Kinda surprizes me.

Archived