TEAM SHELBY FORUM

To Super Snake or not?

I have called Cynthia and Amy and I could be CSM07SS342. One problem, my car is here and has to be shipped back. I like to combine it with the 45th Mustang Anniversary. What shall I do? Super Snake or not?

Patrick:

Maybe you should look for a new our used low mile 07 GT500 over here, get it to SAI for the SS & 40th. I am sure the guys on this forum are willing to help you find a car at the best price possible., heck depending on where it is, we can help check it out, take pics and report back. You could then keep or sell your other car depending on $$$. With the cost of shipping, i got to think this option is worth looking into, especially with the cost of cars coming down. :happy feet:

Good Luck

Rick

Patrick:

Maybe you should look for a new our used low mile 07 GT500 over here, get it to SAI for the SS & 40th. I am sure the guys on this forum are willing to help you find a car at the best price possible., heck depending on where it is, we can help check it out, take pics and report back. You could then keep or sell your other car depending on $$$. With the cost of shipping, i got to think this option is worth looking into, especially with the cost of cars coming down. :happy feet:

Good Luck

Rick

+1

if i can help you find a car let me know. should be able to find an 07 or go to an 08 and just SS it

let me know if i can help

michael morris

Buying another 07 is out of the question. There is a new tax over here like your GG tax. It adds up on new imported cars from Feb 1 2008. F.e. A Hummer H3 will rise in price 30000 Euro and that is $45K. A new Mustang will be 9000 Euro more. It is killing for all car sales here. It has to do with more then 232 grams of CO2 and every gram more costs you 110 Euro. :banghead:

Buying another 07 is out of the question. There is a new tax over here like your GG tax. It adds up on new imported cars from Feb 1 2008. F.e. A Hummer H3 will rise in price 30000 Euro and that is $45K. A new Mustang will be 9000 Euro more. It is killing for all car sales here. It has to do with more then 232 grams of CO2 and every gram more costs you 110 Euro. :banghead:

Does this include sleightly used imports also?

Does this include sleightly used imports also?

I do not think so if they are built and tagged before 1 Feb 2008. And right now I know what I have. First owner and I like that. Shipping by boat East coast will cost me around $1800. Not to bad.

Patrick,

With the strength of your Euro versus our dollar, buy up some good 'ol USA real estate, and become a land baron!

A wise man once told me "Buy land, cause they ain't buildin' any more of it"

Like one of the other threads said, its your money, have fun, I'll add, leave NOTHING for the wife and kids.....just kidding...

The only grams I know, are the ones at "Coffee Shop" in Amsterdam :headspin:

The only grams I know, are the ones at "Coffee Shop" in Amsterdam :headspin:

They sell coffee by the gram there? wow :party:

Here in Texas you can get it by the pound alot cheaper! so I hear..... :happy feet:

It pays to be close to the border AND Austin!! :hysterical:

Of course- I heard that now sell coffee in California out of vending machines!?!? You cant wait for the 'pharmacy' to open up? There is just no telling what you crazy californians are gonna do next!

They sell coffee by the gram there? wow :party:

Here in Texas you can get it by the pound alot cheaper! so I hear..... :happy feet:

It pays to be close to the border AND Austin!! :hysterical:

Of course- I heard that now sell coffee in California out of vending machines!?!? You cant wait for the 'pharmacy' to open up? There is just no telling what you crazy californians are gonna do next!

I drank coffee out of the vending machine at university 30 years ago. Only thing that kept me going. It was horrible... :barf:

I have called Cynthia and Amy and I could be CSM07SS342. One problem, my car is here and has to be shipped back. I like to combine it with the 45th Mustang Anniversary. What shall I do? Super Snake or not?

Patrick;

There may be another option. I met a guy at the Earl's Court MPH car show in London a few months ago that was selling a GT500 and the company he worked for specialized in mustangs both new and old. The salesperson actually knew a fair bit about the supersnake program and when we got to talking he said the Owner was a personal friend of Carroll's from his European racing days and they were working on getting set up as a UK mod shop like Tasca and Quantum are in the US.

He was also hoping I would buy one from him as I told him I was already investigating it so he might have been blowing smoke but I am sure Amy or someone from Shelby could tell you if this guy was for real.

I had his card somewhere will see if I can dig it out. Not exactly next door but driving it over via the eurotunnel sure beats shipping it all the way back to the USA.

Jaime

Patrick;

There may be another option. I met a guy at the Earl's Court MPH car show in London a few months ago that was selling a GT500 and the company he worked for specialized in mustangs both new and old. The salesperson actually knew a fair bit about the supersnake program and when we got to talking he said the Owner was a personal friend of Carroll's from his European racing days and they were working on getting set up as a UK mod shop like Tasca and Quantum are in the US.

He was also hoping I would buy one from him as I told him I was already investigating it so he might have been blowing smoke but I am sure Amy or someone from Shelby could tell you if this guy was for real.

I had his card somewhere will see if I can dig it out. Not exactly next door but driving it over via the eurotunnel sure beats shipping it all the way back to the USA.

Jaime

Hey Jaime, thanks for that. Hope you get his number.

Archived