TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stock cars that are faster than a stock SGT

TheKurgan

Took a late model black Camaro SS off the line this morning with NO problem. Ok it was a girl driving, but at least we know this car is comparable to the SGT as far as weight and horsepower go.

There are the obvious ones that are faster than us, but what other cars should we watch out for? @@

Well, my stock 03 Mach was faster in acceleration than my SGT. But that's comparing apples to oranges since they are two different cars built for two different purposes, unless the SGT has a huffer then all bets are off.

Wow I'm surprised to hear that given the higher torque of the SGT. Weight is about the same. Info source was

http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/mustang_mach1.html

Wow I'm surprised to hear that given the higher torque of the SGT. Weight is about the same. Info source was

http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/mustang_mach1.html

The Mach was a little lighter. The advertised hp/tq ratings were a little under the mark from some stock rw dyno's i seen. I loved the 32v double overhead cam engine in that car. Wish they would have put it in the SGT.

Edmunds: "Our 335i similarly scalded the quarter-mile in 13.3 seconds at 105.9 mph." see article here - http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drive...rticleId=117669

Motor Trend: 0-60 5.1 and 1/4 in 13.6 - see article here - http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/..._2007_bmw_335i/

Remember, the poster's question was "...what other cars should we watch out for?" Obviously, this is one of those.

The new Challenger SRT8 is gonna hit the road in May (and my driveway too! :D ) thats got the 6.1L hemi w/ an autostick.....should weigh about the same as our cars(thats GT500 & and GT/SC territory tho). the R/T's should follow this summer with the 5.7L hemi those are supposed to have 380 hp and 400 ft lbs of torque. The 6 spd manuals have a 3.92 rear gear too, Those will be pretty vicious. the Camaro too but I don't know the specs on that off hand, does anyone else know them? Haven't really tried to race a whole lot, can't get any tickets! :lol:

Edmunds: "Our 335i similarly scalded the quarter-mile in 13.3 seconds at 105.9 mph." see article here - http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drive...rticleId=117669

Motor Trend: 0-60 5.1 and 1/4 in 13.6 - see article here - http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/..._2007_bmw_335i/

Remember, the poster's question was "...what other cars should we watch out for?" Obviously, this is one of those.

Right we should definitely watch out for some of those Beemers, but I don't think it would take the SGT.

I also think some mags/sites are HEAVILY euro biased...especially Car and Driver. I tend to trust MotorTrend's tests better, but I'm still baffled as how this car can test faster(even tho it's only 1/10 of a sec faster).

The new Challenger SRT8 is gonna hit the road in May (and my driveway too! :D ) thats got the 6.1L hemi w/ an autostick.....should weigh about the same as our cars(thats GT500 & and GT/SC territory tho). the R/T's should follow this summer with the 5.7L hemi those are supposed to have 380 hp and 400 ft lbs of torque. The 6 spd manuals have a 3.92 rear gear too, Those will be pretty vicious. the Camaro too but I don't know the specs on that off hand, does anyone else know them? Haven't really tried to race a whole lot, can't get any tickets! :lol:

The charger R/T is over 300 pounds heavier than the SGT and the times I've seen on the internet are still slower.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/top-2006...-Daytona-RT.htm

The charger R/T is over 300 pounds heavier than the SGT and the times I've seen on the internet are still slower.

Oops I posted the wrong URL. This one says charger r/t times from 0-60 is 6 seconds. Might be a misprint because the SGT is 5 seconds.

Hear ya about tickets too. I've already got 3 in the last 7 months in this car. I'm still debating putting this sticker on my driver's side mirror because I had the same sticker on my 05 mustang and the police don't like it too much :Z

http://www.mwspeedshop.com/objectsare.htm

The Mach was a little lighter. The advertised hp/tq ratings were a little under the mark from some stock rw dyno's i seen. I loved the 32v double overhead cam engine in that car. Wish they would have put it in the SGT.

Be glad they didn't. The 4.6L-4V Mach I/Marauder/Aviator engines were plagued with issues. Very poor cooling circulation, #8 cylinder always ran hotter by 10-15 degrees, and it was the last in the fuel charge line, causing a lean condition and detonation. Cam chains were likewise weak. Many '03-'04 Mach I/Marauder/Aviator owners in my area lost engines because of both problems.

Morever, side by side, the 3V (using the same NVH block) breathes as good (if not better) as the 4V, within a few hundred CFMs. In my book, the 3V delivers just as much power (if not more) in stock form because it doesn't have the rotating mass overhead of more cams, valves, and related hardware. Besides, if you're into moddding the engine, two cams are cheaper than 4.

Just my .02C, carry on gents.

Krugan I was misleading in my post sorry! :) The Challenger R/T model is the one I was referring to. This is Dodges direct competition with the Mustang GT/ our cars. It is getting a revised 5.7L hemi motor new for this car. It SHOULD be available this summer.

EDIT: The sticker is Awesome! Your right, the police probably don't like it to much.

The advertised hp/tq ratings were a little under the mark from some stock rw dyno's i seen. I loved the 32v double overhead cam engine in that car.

+1 IMO the '03 Mach I had seemed quicker than my SGT ( seat of the pants test ). and I agree two completly diff cars.

too bad they did not put the 3v 5.4 in our cars. n/a of coarse.

Krugan I was misleading in my post sorry! :) The Challenger R/T model is the one I was referring to. This is Dodges direct competition with the Mustang GT/ our cars. It is getting a revised 5.7L hemi motor new for this car. It SHOULD be available this summer.

It's cool dude!...but why do you want a Dodge man??? Where is your Shelby pride?! :P

It's cool dude!...but why do you want a Dodge man??? Where is your Shelby pride?! :P

I know I know I should be hung :P ................ I love my SGT and plan on keeping it, but my all time favorite car is the 70 hemi Challenger. When I saw the concept and found out I could own one, had to jump on it. Actually I wasn't planning on buying the SGT just was gonna wait on the Dodge, but saw the SGT found out I could get a killer deal and the rest is history! :D

BMW 335i

I smoked a new BMW 330 in Nov going down to Vegas! (not from the line) He couldn't get away from me and he couldn't keep up! :D From 70-125...no contest! see ya

I also like the Challenger, but the first year, it looks like they'll not offer a stick! :unsure:

Dan

Oops I posted the wrong URL. This one says charger r/t times from 0-60 is 6 seconds. Might be a misprint because the SGT is 5 seconds.

Hear ya about tickets too. I've already got 3 in the last 7 months in this car. I'm still debating putting this sticker on my driver's side mirror because I had the same sticker on my 05 mustang and the police don't like it too much :Z

http://www.mwspeedshop.com/objectsare.htm

Forget the stciker what you need is a great traffic attorney, assuming you were not doing anything too stupid...try one they work great, be polite to officer take ticket, send to attorney thats it game over. And around here its about 300-350 bucks. Racing is a whole different ball game, but speeding NOT acting like a jerk is winnable.

I can tell you watch out for the Cadillac CTS-V four door, it's fast. The AMG Mercedes are fast. Any modified BB muscle car will smoke on drag, heck even a stout s/b will smoke in 1/4, corners it's really a see ya. There are probably alot more but with an s/c on a SGT you got a mean contender I would think.

Forget the stciker what you need is a great traffic attorney, assuming you were not doing anything too stupid...try one they work great, be polite to officer take ticket, send to attorney thats it game over. And around here its about 300-350 bucks. Racing is a whole different ball game, but speeding NOT acting like a jerk is winnable.

I can tell you watch out for the Cadillac CTS-V four door, it's fast. The AMG Mercedes are fast. Any modified BB muscle car will smoke on drag, heck even a stout s/b will smoke in 1/4, corners it's really a see ya. There are probably alot more but with an s/c on a SGT you got a mean contender I would think.

Attornies around here charge more I guess. I called a couple different attornies about the last ticket I got(which was total BS), and they told me in the $700 range and that was no guarantee that I would win in court.

To tell you more about that last ticket and how corrupt the judges are around here...I received a phone call in my office at work that the police were in the parking lot about to tow my car. This was 2 days after I bought the car. Anyway, I went down to my car and 2 cops told me they saw me speeding 65 in a 40. I did not see these cops at all and had time to get out of my car and walk 300 yards to the entrance of my building and saw no sign of cops. Of course I was like that's BS, you have to catch someone in the act to write them a ticket. One of them got pissed about this and basically said if I didn't stfu that they were calling in the tow truck. I quickly changed my tone and let him write me the ticket thinking just wait until my day in court...

Well guess what...I plead not guilty and went to court and lost.

Dodge Stealth TT, I've got one and a Shelby, the Stealth smokes the Shelby, but the Shelby is #1, because I didn't buy the Shelby for speed, I've already got that in the Stealth, I bought the Shelby because it was so cool!

Be glad they didn't. The 4.6L-4V Mach I/Marauder/Aviator engines were plagued with issues. Very poor cooling circulation, #8 cylinder always ran hotter by 10-15 degrees, and it was the last in the fuel charge line, causing a lean condition and detonation. Cam chains were likewise weak. Many '03-'04 Mach I/Marauder/Aviator owners in my area lost engines because of both problems.

Morever, side by side, the 3V (using the same NVH block) breathes as good (if not better) as the 4V, within a few hundred CFMs. In my book, the 3V delivers just as much power (if not more) in stock form because it doesn't have the rotating mass overhead of more cams, valves, and related hardware. Besides, if you're into moddding the engine, two cams are cheaper than 4.

The Mach 1 engine was less horsepower and torque than our engines anyway. The advantage the Mach 1 had I supposed was its lighter weight.

Guess i was lucky LuLu. I had mine for almost 4 years and never had a dimes worth of trouble out of it. Mine never had the tick either, changed the oil every 2,000 miles. I didn't let no grass grow under it either, i ran it. I know a few people with higher mile cars that haven't had issues, but i know some have.

Archived