TEAM SHELBY FORUM

US vs. THEM!!!

Webba

Guys and gals I just want to say that I think we all need to start fresh and try and just put all this US vs THEM BS behind us and move on. I LOVE this site. I have had alot of fun and as much as I though I knew about cars, I have learned ALOT from it. I have met ALOT of terrific people. I want that to continue. I will admit I too share the feelings about the attitude. But I then try and sit back and put myself in their shoes and can easily see myself feeling the same way just being on the other side of the aisle. I just think this is going to take time. We are all passionate, stubborn, and proud. And we care very much about this place and our cars. I dont want to lose that. I would like to see it grow. I am looking forward to many more weekends like Tasca. That was a awesome time for me personally. I dont get to get away often or take a vacation with my work schedule. Hell its been almost 5 years for me since I had a real week off. So it was memorable to say the least. I just think what we risk losing by not starting new and giving each other a second chance greatly outweighs the gains of digging our heels in. If we do this and there continues to be a US vs. Them feeling and outragious smart a*s comments coming from "them" then we can regroup and see what to do. But I dont think that will happen. Here is a post I read this morning by Shelbydude on the "other" forum:

Shelby auto people were put HERE the same as stangs unleashed people were put HERE!

"Shelby autos wasn't moved over to stangs unleashed and stangs unleashed wasn't moved over to shelby autos.

In case anyone hasn't noticed, both sites were BOTH moved to THIS NEW SITE! Team Shelby.

The OLD site, stangsunleashed was moved here. That site is no longer.

So we were ALL moved to one new site together.

So lets ALL party together! "

Kinda sums it all up nice and tidy. We ALL got moved together. US and THEM. And now like it or hate it it is WE. And I dont know about you but when your kids are fighting and one is telling you the other did it and the other is doing the same my solution was to give both of them a little smack on the a*s and tell them both to cut the sh*t and grow up. So I am going to go let my a*s cool off from the self warming and grow up and start over. Its Monday so I might as well make a fresh start on the new site along with the new week :)

Webba's post is on point. One of the things that was discovered this past weekend in Las Vegas was that everyone who owns a car that Mr. Shelby had a hand in creating is, basically, the same animal. In particular, the GT500 and SGT folks got a chance to really drink up the car of the other and what is clear, after doing that, is that the cars look similar but are built with different priorities, which is just as it should be. There are a few folks who actually own both cars and they have found the ultimate solution. :) Jim

I think the whole issue is childish and stupid and refuse to even participate in those posts. There are plenty of "opinions" that get throw around and you know what they say, opinions are like buttholes....

If you're married to the guy in your sig, you have two????

I hate CGI errors!

Webba's post is on point. One of the things that was discovered this past weekend in Las Vegas was that everyone who owns a car that Mr. Shelby had a hand in creating is, basically, the same animal. In particular, the GT500 and SGT folks got a chance to really drink up the car of the other and what is clear, after doing that, is that the cars look similar but are built with different priorities, which is just as it should be. There are a few folks who actually own both cars and they have found the ultimate solution. :) Jim

All y'all were drinking was each other's cars?

Kinda hard to swallow, eh?

J/K...Just having some fun with words.

Shelby auto people were put HERE the same as stangs unleashed people were put HERE!

Shelby autos wasn't moved over to stangs unleashed and stangs unleashed wasn't moved over to shelby autos.

In case anyone hasn't noticed, both sites were BOTH moved to THIS NEW SITE! Team Shelby.

The OLD site, stangsunleashed was moved here. That site is no longer.

So we were ALL moved to one new site together.

So lets ALL party together! :happy feet:

You have the right attitude...both forums are making adjustments but the merge is a far different experience depending on where you are coming from. The SU site was moved (almost a rename), a few minor appearance changes were made, a new server, you kept all but 14 hours of your posts, your start dates, post numbers, icons, pictures, member name, etc...all carried over. Also, all your pals were carried over to TeamShelby. You lost no one. Pretty smooth conversion all in all.

But the SA site still exist, not every one is here, it has all of our history, our past posts, pictures, sigs, start dates, post numbers, profiles, and even our names...everything. Many SI members are coming over here as new members. Many members may never come over... Heck, we are still trying to learn who everyone is and who is not here....doesn't help that some of the SA members were also SI members with different names. Think about it, to be the same, Shelby would have to have wiped all the data from SU members and require every member to restart as new. Not a pretty conversion at all. Completely different experience.

We are hopeful that the SA posts and pictures will eventually make it over here, but I doubt they will be able to link all the member data from old name to new names. Not blaming anyone, SU had the better site (technically), larger numbers of members, etc. But SI move is more of a technical one....the SA move....well, it's a real pack your own bags and move move.

But it's not all bad...the good news is that there are many very cool Shelby lovers here.....we will adapt...we just need some time. Although I'm a little tired of some comments of telling us to get over it or move on....well, we all know that's the final option don't we?...doesn't really help does it? I know I wouldn't still be married today if I told my new wife the first time I upset her to....get over it or move on. I think she would of moved on.....

So lets all get over there......

Exactly berg. What we have to lose is much larger than what we have to gain but not just trying hard to make it work. The hood scoop drama was bad enough. Alot of us were p*ssed and upset, and rightly so, but after a while it just wore on you and you just wanted to see it end and move on and have fun. And if it doesn't work we all cross that bridge together :)

Archived