TEAM SHELBY FORUM

19k over sticker...columbus ohio..

MYGT500

As you might know,I ordered a GT500 in Columbus ohio. My car still has no build date or ser no. Ordered early March. Ok..Today the dealer I ordered from call me and said,they got a red/white gt500 in and the person that ordered it couldn't finacially afford it and would I like to buy it?...Well, I was down there in 15 mins,and there it was,almost the exact car I order,only the radio option was different.

So,I said,i'd love to buy it..how much? $19,000 over sticker plus tax and title...and with a str8 face,he told me he could get 17,000 0ver wholesale..Well...I told him that this wasn't even close to what we had agreed to orginally. He explained the owner of the dealership has been watching E bay and the internet and they are all going for 20k plus..well...i told them i'd wait for the car i ordered orginally and hope they come to their senses by then...major bummer...

My daughter was with me,and pointed out the 19k would pay for another year of college for her and room and board....all true. It's not totally economic, i can afford the car,no prob,but it's more of the principal of the thing..

As you might know,I ordered a GT500 in Columbus ohio. My car still has no build date or ser no. Ordered early March. Ok..Today the dealer I ordered from call me and said,they got a red/white gt500 in and the person that ordered it couldn't finacially afford it and would I like to buy it?...Well, I was down there in 15 mins,and there it was,almost the exact car I order,only the radio option was different.

So,I said,i'd love to buy it..how much? $19,000 over sticker plus tax and title...and with a str8 face,he told me he could get 17,000 0ver wholesale..Well...I told him that this wasn't even close to what we had agreed to orginally. He explained the owner of the dealership has been watching E bay and the internet and they are all going for 20k plus..well...i told them i'd wait for the car i ordered orginally and hope they come to their senses by then...major bummer...

My daughter was with me,and pointed out the 19k would pay for another year of college for her and room and board....all true. It's not totally economic, i can afford the car,no prob,but it's more of the principal of the thing..

I would certainly wait, 19k is lot of money. Man, its unbelieveable what some of these guys are doing. Hope it works out for you :shift:

Guest evilchris

Tell him they are NOT "all going for 20 over" on ebay.

Was that Ricard? Cause my brother-in-law was like 2nd on the list then they started this last fall about wanting 25 over and he said no thanks take me off the list.

Was that Ricard? Cause my brother-in-law was like 2nd on the list then they started this last fall about wanting 25 over and he said no thanks take me off the list.

No..it wasn't Ricart,but this dealer was influenced by Ricart...they said,if they are getting 25k over,why can't we?..It's like a lie,if it's told often enough it becomes fact...

Way to go!

No..it wasn't Ricart,but this dealer was influenced by Ricart...they said,if they are getting 25k over,why can't we?..It's like a lie,if it's told often enough it becomes fact...

I am in Dayton, OH and my dealer told me Beau Townsend has collected no less than 15 deposits on 2 cars, and then he's going to auction them off. I don't even think he is telling these people their deposits are for the "right" to be at the auction. These dealers are unbelievably :censored: All I know is I'm waiting on my vert and feel like I got a decent price. :hysterical:

I live in Powell and would love to go look at it. Can you tell me the dealer name? I have a red/white stipe on order due in on 8/18 and I am dying to sit in one. I heard that Richart has a black/silver stripe in stock. I am going to run down there on my lunch break and check it out.

Thanks!

Chris

I live in Powell and would love to go look at it. Can you tell me the dealer name? I have a red/white stipe on order due in on 8/18 and I am dying to sit in one. I heard that Richart has a black/silver stripe in stock. I am going to run down there on my lunch break and check it out.

Thanks!

Chris

My red/white stripe car arrived yesterday It was ordered when the cars were limited editions and ebay rates were high. I'm so frustrated with my dealer and the whole process I have not even been to see it. Yes they have my money[25k] for a "special order" car and a contract. To be perfectly honest, the glamour is gone and I've lost interest.

Please no comments about the 25K. I wanted it. I can afford it and it was to be a company car.

The car is in Oklahoma and if someone is interested in a car now, as opposed to 6-9 months from now, let me know. I can't stall the dealer for long. My email is ldenny@attglobal.net.

btw, I am a private businessman not affiliated with any dealer or Ford.

Larry

Guest evilchris

My red/white stripe car arrived yesterday It was ordered when the cars were limited editions and ebay rates were high. I'm so frustrated with my dealer and the whole process I have not even been to see it. Yes they have my money[25k] for a "special order" car and a contract. To be perfectly honest, the glamour is gone and I've lost interest.

Please no comments about the 25K. I wanted it. I can afford it and it was to be a company car.

The car is in Oklahoma and if someone is interested in a car now, as opposed to 6-9 months from now, let me know. I can't stall the dealer for long. My email is ldenny@attglobal.net.

btw, I am a private businessman not affiliated with any dealer or Ford.

Larry

Wait, why don't you want it? Why can't you see it?

Wait, why don't you want it? Why can't you see it?

I had decided that I wanted a fun car that was unique and had muscle. The crap from the dealer plus the production increases have dampened the enthusiasm.

I saw the car at a show in OKC and thought this is one for me. Talked to a dealer at the show then was told adm was 25k. By the time I got to the dealer, the adm was 35k. This was the start of the crap and I have other things to do besides screwing with, or, being screwed by a dealer.

I didn't say I could not see it. This is my choice to hold off. There were some agreement issues and if I went to the dealer, they will lie, cheat, steal and bug me to take delivery.

I will probably go there today. It will make or break for them on the contract, but I'm willing to walk away.

Larry

Our 1st Red T88 arrived overnight and was sitting here yesterday Am when I opened up. I had ordered it for a good customer who has been chomping at the bit since it was built in June. I called him on his cell at 5:45 AM [knew he was on the way to work as well] and let him know. All I said was "Houston, the Eagle has landed".

Since he brings all of his company trucks her for service, he is pretty close to our Shop Manager. He was here in a heartbeat and watched while the PDI was done and then our SVT tech let him drive it the 5 miles to re program the module. I gave him the $$ to stop and fill it with premium as the station we usually use doesn't sell it.

I don't think he has stopped grinning since. All the pictures on the internet donot do the car justice. it is amazing up close.

For all who are buying one, make sure you look at the underside of the front air dam. Since it is so low, ours has to be replaced as itr was scuffed pretty bad either when it was loaded or unloaded from the transport. If you don;t catch it prior to delivery, you might have problems getting it paid for.

Also, personally I wish Ford had offered painted stripes like the GT 40 rather than the taped ones. They overlap in spots and I personally think they look tacky. Painted stripes, at least the ones we have done here, look a heck of a lot better.

I had decided that I wanted a fun car that was unique and had muscle. The crap from the dealer plus the production increases have dampened the enthusiasm.

I saw the car at a show in OKC and thought this is one for me. Talked to a dealer at the show then was told adm was 25k. By the time I got to the dealer, the adm was 35k. This was the start of the crap and I have other things to do besides screwing with, or, being screwed by a dealer.

I didn't say I could not see it. This is my choice to hold off. There were some agreement issues and if I went to the dealer, they will lie, cheat, steal and bug me to take delivery.

I will probably go there today. It will make or break for them on the contract, but I'm willing to walk away.

Larry

I'm from the OKC area as well. If you were talking to to the same dealer (THE SVT dealer in Oklahoma) then you got the same garbage that I did. I know for a fact that he has lost at least two real sales because of unrealistic ADM demands. I found a small rural dealer (think Hinton, and the likes) that is only getting their one unit, and negotiated a much better deal. Young Mr. C..... believes that he can make as much money off of this car as his dad does with his German franchise.....

Our 1st Red T88 arrived overnight and was sitting here yesterday Am when I opened up. I had ordered it for a good customer who has been chomping at the bit since it was built in June. I called him on his cell at 5:45 AM [knew he was on the way to work as well] and let him know. All I said was "Houston, the Eagle has landed".

Since he brings all of his company trucks her for service, he is pretty close to our Shop Manager. He was here in a heartbeat and watched while the PDI was done and then our SVT tech let him drive it the 5 miles to re program the module. I gave him the $$ to stop and fill it with premium as the station we usually use doesn't sell it.

I don't think he has stopped grinning since. All the pictures on the internet donot do the car justice. it is amazing up close.

For all who are buying one, make sure you look at the underside of the front air dam. Since it is so low, ours has to be replaced as itr was scuffed pretty bad either when it was loaded or unloaded from the transport. If you don;t catch it prior to delivery, you might have problems getting it paid for.

Also, personally I wish Ford had offered painted stripes like the GT 40 rather than the taped ones. They overlap in spots and I personally think they look tacky. Painted stripes, at least the ones we have done here, look a heck of a lot better.

I agree about the stripes lookin bad. I looked at a blue/white stripe coupe yesterday and the front bumper striping was overlapped. What really drew my attention is that they did not have equal overlap. The left side stripe looked about 5/8" overlap and the right stripe about 3/8". Other than that, the fit and finish was very nice. I also sat in a black/white stripe coupe at a different dealer and did not notice the stripe overlap. Both cars were incredible in person and I can't wait till the 18th (plus or minus a week) to get mine. The dealer with the Black coupe called me when I was at my dealer looking at the Blue coupe and said that thier Tungsten/Silver stripe coupe had just arrived. I am heading down there at lunch to check it out.

Chris

I had mine on the 05' painted for $750. I didn't like the way they spaced them in the photo's the wife sent. But in-person, they are very nice. I'm spending the extra money to have all the strips painted, Over the Top and on the Sides. IMO, it will be worth it in the long run. Any one that has their car, Would you mind posting the specs of the Factory Stripes. I would be interested to see how uniform they are on different cars and build dates (Fri vs. Mon).

Evilchris, Are the stripes painted on the GT-H?

Guest evilchris

I had mine on the 05' painted for $750. I didn't like the way they spaced them in the photo's the wife sent. But in-person, they are very nice. I'm spending the extra money to have all the strips painted, Over the Top and on the Sides. IMO, it will be worth it in the long run. Any one that has their car, Would you mind posting the specs of the Factory Stripes. I would be interested to see how uniform they are on different cars and build dates (Fri vs. Mon).

Evilchris, Are the stripes painted on the GT-H?

GT-H are vinyl like the 500.

I'm from the OKC area as well. If you were talking to to the same dealer (THE SVT dealer in Oklahoma) then you got the same garbage that I did. I know for a fact that he has lost at least two real sales because of unrealistic ADM demands. I found a small rural dealer (think Hinton, and the likes) that is only getting their one unit, and negotiated a much better deal. Young Mr. C..... believes that he can make as much money off of this car as his dad does with his German franchise.....

Actually it was another dealer just south of OKC. I spoke with young Mr. C a couple of months ago and he said they were going for 15K adm. I could have for 10k that day. The new G in Edmond was at 7k but they did not know if they could get a second car. Greed is a terrible thing. Word spreads and those of us that have to go through this will have long memories. The boys I'm dealing with won't ever know that this ordeal has already cost them sales of a new Ford and a new Lincoln

Larry

Greed is a terrible thing. Word spreads and those of us that have to go through this will have long memories. The boys I'm dealing with won't ever know that this ordeal has already cost them sales of a new Ford and a new Lincoln

Larry

Not telling you what to do, Larry, but you NEED to tell them that they've lost your current and future business because of this. If not, how are they going to learn?? I know, I know, you're only one customer. Just remember, the mighty Mississippi starts from just a small stream. Everyone needs to let these dealers know that we will penalize them for bad business practices. It's the only way they'll change.

Actually it was another dealer just south of OKC. I spoke with young Mr. C a couple of months ago and he said they were going for 15K adm. I could have for 10k that day. The new G in Edmond was at 7k but they did not know if they could get a second car. Greed is a terrible thing. Word spreads and those of us that have to go through this will have long memories. The boys I'm dealing with won't ever know that this ordeal has already cost them sales of a new Ford and a new Lincoln

Larry

It's interesting how their stories change from day to day. Mr. C told me his price was 20k or nothing. G in Edmond told me 15k. Unlike some folks on this site and elsewhere, I have no problem publicly admitting that I am very willing to pay an ADM for this car. Why the hell else would I have dumped two great 66's for it. If I had been offered 10k over, I would have bought from him that day as that is right at MY pain threshhold. As it is I got that deal from someone out west of town. I don't have the connections or clout to pull-off an MSRP deal and I wasn't a Powerlease holder. I am a lifelong Shelby Mustang enthusiast and can finally afford to own one. It's definitely a nostalgia purchase, though. While I will always admire sports cars of all makes and models, none (within my financial grasp...GT...sigh) will get me excited like this one does. So I figure this is my one chance.

I do wish you the best in your search! and hope that you will be joining me on the streets of OKC.

It's interesting how their stories change from day to day. Mr. C told me his price was 20k or nothing. G in Edmond told me 15k. Unlike some folks on this site and elsewhere, I have no problem publicly admitting that I am very willing to pay an ADM for this car. Why the hell else would I have dumped two great 66's for it. If I had been offered 10k over, I would have bought from him that day as that is right at MY pain threshhold. As it is I got that deal from someone out west of town. I don't have the connections or clout to pull-off an MSRP deal and I wasn't a Powerlease holder. I am a lifelong Shelby Mustang enthusiast and can finally afford to own one. It's definitely a nostalgia purchase, though. While I will always admire sports cars of all makes and models, none (within my financial grasp...GT...sigh) will get me excited like this one does. So I figure this is my one chance.

I do wish you the best in your search! and hope that you will be joining me on the streets of OKC.

We need to get together sometime. My email adddress is in a prior post. I have never owned a Mustang. 3 vettes but that was years ago. I had a serious heart to heart discussion with myself and decided this whole situation is a love-hate relationship. I love the car and the fun of owning one. I hate the dealer, particularly

after a call today from their new car "director". Now, thats impressive!

I also spoke with my son-in -law who lives in So Cal and works with dealers every day. He said the adm was 35K. Oddly enough he saw one yesterday and he gave it a rave review of at least 11!

Bottom line is I don't think I should let some idiot dealer ruin my fun, so I may go down there tomorrow. I'll keep you posted

Larry

at some point soon, dealers are going to realize these cars are just sitting on their showroom floors at their ridiculous $10K-$20K markups and have to sell them for less.

At first, its easy for them to justify their position because the few folks with too much money and nothing to do with it who just have to have the thing before everyone else will pay the inflated premiums. Once those folks have theirs, sales will stagnate and the sales managers will realize they have a $40K+ car that has been in inventory for over a month and the prices will drop.

My personal feeling is this car is worth $5K over sticker tops. if you can get it for that or less, grab one. Otherwise wait until the market comes to its senses. Be interesting to see how Ford continues to push these cars out with their current financial woes.

Archived