TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th Anniversary prototype GT 500 up for auction

500forme

For those of you that have recieved or have locked in your spot of your up-fitted 40th anniversary GT 500's might be interested to know, that one will be auctioned off at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale this year. While I was wondering the feature car tent today, I saw this car that caught my eye, however, it didnt look completely right at first glance. The car I saw was a Vista Blue GT 500 coupe with white stripes and had most of the anniversary upgades installed on it (from what I could see) including 40th anniversary badges on the fenders only. As it was described on the windshield description, it is the 40th anniversary prototype that was originally owned by Carroll Shelby himself. It will be interesting to see what it will bring on the block!

For those of you that have recieved or have locked in your spot of your up-fitted 40th anniversary GT 500's might be interested to know, that one will be auctioned off at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale this year. While I was wondering the feature car tent today, I saw this car that caught my eye, however, it didnt look completely right at first glance. The car I saw was a Vista Blue GT 500 coupe with white stripes and had most of the anniversary upgades installed on it (from what I could see) including 40th anniversary badges on the fenders only. As it was described on the windshield description, it is the 40th anniversary prototype that was originally owned by Carroll Shelby himself. It will be interesting to see what it will bring on the block!

This sounds like the one that was won by the guy in Arizona in the raffle in which the proceeds went to the Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation. Supposedly, it is not registered as a 40th, but does have some 40th badges. It should bring a pretty penny as it was originally registered to Mr. Shelby.

Archived