TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hard Winter work

wmoore

Holy crap, 13 coats? Ill make you a deal if you really need a car to wax, Ill supply the wax, beer and car. And you supply the elbow.

LOOKS GREAT!

My waxing is around the corner along with everything else Ive been putting off. Did you wax the stripes?

Holy crap, 13 coats? Ill make you a deal if you really need a car to wax, Ill supply the wax, beer and car. And you supply the elbow.

LOOKS GREAT!

My waxing is around the corner along with everything else Ive been putting off. Did you wax the stripes?

LOL...Yes, I waxed the stripes as well. I have three more coats to go and then I will be out of Zaino. IMO not the most user friendly wax, takes forever to dry, but the shine is worth the work. I'm trying to get into the Prime Steel car show in April and they require a 3/4 view of the car upon application. Now, I just need to get that perfect shot.

I also, need to have a display made and I'm not sure what to put on it. I seem to spend more time explaining that the SGT is not a GT 500 at the car shows. The first question always seems to be, where is the supercharger? Then the education process starts....LOL

Did you use the quick drying additive that they have to go with the polish? It is for times like this when it isnt real warm out. I cant recall what is is called but it does work.

Oh yeah, the quick drying additive has been used thru the whole process, per instuctions. LOL The humidity has been in the upper 80's or higher this winter and it's just taking forever to dry. Thank goodness for the garage heater. Even with the heater and additive it still takes over three hours to dry.

Archived