TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TPMS warning?

blueshawk

When I start my car the TPMS light stays on for 3 seconds and then blinks for 30 seconds and then goes out. It doesn't come on when I'm driving. However, if I turn off the engine and immediately turn it back on, sometimes the blinking light shows and sometimes not. BTW the tire pressure is fine.

What does your TPMS light do when you start your car?

When I start my car the TPMS light stays on for 3 seconds and then blinks for 30 seconds and then goes out. It doesn't come on when I'm driving. However, if I turn off the engine and immediately turn it back on, sometimes the blinking light shows and sometimes not. BTW the tire pressure is fine.

Mine just lights up with the rest of the warning lites when it first starts then goes off with the others.

interesting.........

Mine came on Friday it was the driver side rear tire that was low.

I have only had mine activate (Warning w/lite) happen once and that was when the weather started changing from summer to fall and the temp. out side was getting lower and of course overnight temps. were lower dropping the tire pressure, thus the lite.....

But he say's that he has checked his pressures and they are fine.

Its obviously doing a check on start up and saying there is no problem because its not "Staying on".

wonder whats causing the slow interaction of the TPM system....

I think that means there is a problem somewhere and you need to get it checked. Check your manual but I think that's what it says.

I think that means there is a problem somewhere and you need to get it checked. Check your manual but I think that's what it says.

Took it to two dealers and they said it is normal and could find no error codes or faults even when they do a diagnostic. The shop manual says that if the blinking last 70 seconds and then stays on when you turn the key to ON, then there will be a fault code that will show up. My blinking lasts 30 seconds, goes out and doesn't come back on until I stop and start the engine again.

I called Ford corp and they said it is normal too. I guess I could have worse problems if it is a problem. :huh:

Archived