TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VEGAS

pottydr_merged

I have a hard time understanding you guys attitude. You're going to a new site and the site is what it is, for you to go in thinking its somhow yours or that you are being forced to go with a bad attitude is what will cause the friction. They exist now and are doing just fine without us I'm sure they couldn't care less if we go or not and they certainly don't want to catch a bunch of BS from the new guys. This is not your site its a public forum and we'll need to handle ourselves appropriately.

The GT500 has more in common with our cars then differences an aweful lot of the technical will go both ways, so why not watch both and participate. /rant off

I did not intend for things to go this far. I was just commenting on how I didn't like some attitudes over there.

As for the GT500 having lots of things in common with our cars. I know that, you know that, lots of people know that but many of the GT500 owners don't want to acknowledge it.

If I overstepped then I apologize.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is interesting to note the different tone you get on this site vs TeamShelby. I also find it interesting how GT500 owners like to comment in the SGT forum areas. I'm not saying they can't...I just have little desire to comment in the GT500 areas...so I don't understand why they like to comment in the SGT areas. Maybe it's just me. :unsure:

I post here in the SGT forum on this site due to the amount of traffic. Not much is posted in the GT500 section here, however....over at Team Shelby, the GT500 forum is active so i pretty much stay there. Sorry if you can't understand why i post here. If you're wondering why, it has less to do about your cars and more to do about you guys. If you don't want GT500 owners here, simply say so.

Just saw pics of the crashed car. That's a shame but the good thing is Steve from L.I. is going to be ok. The car can always be fixed. Sometimes seeing something awful like that puts into perspective that these cars are slippery to drive sometimes. Nobody wants to crash their car.

I post here in the SGT forum on this site due to the amount of traffic. Not much is posted in the GT500 section here, however....over at Team Shelby, the GT500 forum is active so i pretty much stay there. Sorry if you can't understand why i post here. If you're wondering why, it has less to do about your cars and more to do about you guys. If you don't want GT500 owners here, simply say so.

Just saw pics of the crashed car. That's a shame but the good thing is Steve from L.I. is going to be ok. The car can always be fixed. Sometimes seeing something awful like that puts into perspective that these cars are slippery to drive sometimes. Nobody wants to crash their car.

FIA Cobra, I think I would be speaking for all when we say that everyone is welcome here as long as they are polite. We consider this site to be the Shelby Family Forum! We can learn from each other.

Welcome!

FIA Cobra, I think I would be speaking for all when we say that everyone is welcome here as long as they are polite. We consider this site to be the Shelby Family Forum! We can learn from each other.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome!

PS- can you possibly realize how envious most of us are of you for having both a GT 500 and a Daytona Coupe!

Hope Steve is doing well and I hope all you had a wonderful time in Vegas! I know I did a lot of "wondering" how much fun all of you must of had! Some I am sure we may never hear about! ;) Safe travels home.

:lol:

Also,

Thanks all who pointed out that it was Steve from Long Island, Im pretty bad with names, I hope He and his Shelby will be good to go soon...........Really nice guy.............. :)

FIACobra, I don't speak for everyone on here (just myself), but I don't think anyone here has any problem with folks with your positive attitude posting on here or over in the SGT section on TeamShelby. There are SGT owners that have made some less than tactful posts here and when they do, they are soon informed about the error in the ways by the group here. It's not about what kind of car you have but rather how you carry yourself. Those are the cultural norms on this site. This isn't a judgement about it being the right way or wrong way, it's just the way it is on here. Stangsunleashed (and now teamshelby) is a more tolerant of less than tactful behavior. It's just the culture there (again not passing judgement on it).

The uninary olympics start when the shelbyautos folks apply their forum cultural norms to the other site and this results in friction with the stangsunleashed regulars. They are probably wondering why we seem to have our panties all knoted up with folks saying things that are totally acceptable over there.

What is the solution? I dunno. I hope that a tactful and polite culture will prevail so that the shelbyautos folks feel at home.

If it doesn't we will either:

1. Have to change and adapt to the culture over there (i.e. grin and bear it)

2. Have more urinary olympics in hopes of enforcing our social norms in the SGT areas

3. Just not participate.

FIACobra, I don't speak for everyone on here (just myself), but I don't think anyone here has any problem with folks with your positive attitude posting on here or over in the SGT section on TeamShelby. There are SGT owners that have made some less than tactful posts here and when they do, they are soon informed about the error in the ways by the group here. It's not about what kind of car you have but rather how you carry yourself. Those are the cultural norms on this site. This isn't a judgement about it being the right way or wrong way, it's just the way it is on here. Stangsunleashed (and now teamshelby) is a more tolerant of less than tactful behavior. It's just the culture there (again not passing judgement on it).

The uninary olympics start when the shelbyautos folks apply their forum cultural norms to the other site and this results in friction with the stangsunleashed regulars. They are probably wondering why we seem to have a panties all knoted up with folks saying things that are totally acceptable over there.

Well said, sir!

I aint no angel myself and I'm known to stand my ground until proven wrong. I've had some public disagreements here, and I'm sure I'll have a few more over there simply due to membership volume (and I mean that both ways, head count and loud). But...Every time I step in it, there only one thing I can do and that's "man-up" to my errors. As long as the other party is willing to work it out, it will all be addressed in a timely manner. I often post my e-mail addy and sometimes my phone number, but I can't make anyone write or call. No contact, no solution.

This is what's missing over there in the thread about the Vegas collision. A few guys wised-azzed early on, and it upset a lot of folks on both sites. Web sites are one-dimensional and can be dangerous territory at times. What I type may not be what you read. Thus, the "school of popular thought" on both sites say it needs to be addressed and if I had been one of them, my response would be retraction and apology, even if my words were not intentionally harmful. It can happen to any of us, and everytime we post.

To me, the issue is no longer what was posted, but what is done about it. In my book, there is further action to take, or, this issue will be the burr beneath the saddle for many of us. My advice is to man-up, correct the post (if possible) and apologize to the commuity. Then we all can move on.

Here is a real good example of why I don't like the new forum. I posted a link over there to this thread and a simple note to let people over there know since I know quite a few people from that board went to Vegas. Instead of showing concern there is a wise remark about being close to the manufacturer for repairs and a couple of the rotflmao icons.

You would at least think those guys could be somewhat considerate.

The other forum is NOT very SGT friendly at all. I truly love this forum and will most likely make most all my posts here, and sometimes over there. But just to many obsticles over there and too many smart asses. We all know each other here and know their personalities, so we can handle just about anything, not over there. That is really a GT500 forum not a very good SGT forum at all.

The other forum is NOT very SGT friendly at all. I truly love this forum and will most likely make most all my posts here, and sometimes over there. But just to many obsticles over there and too many smart asses. We all know each other here and know their personalities, so we can handle just about anything, not over there. That is really a GT500 forum not a very good SGT forum at all.

SWEDE- are we going to have the option of staying here? I thought, and could be wrong, that this site was closing. If this site is staying up it would appear there is no probelm and we just stay here.

Surprisingly the remark about If I did own a Shelby...was posted by the person that made the initial remark about the SGT driver hitting the wall and laughing.

Your wrong!

I went back & checked every post Master Yoda has made & he hasn't started even one thread. He did make mention that if he owned a Shelby it wouldn't go on the track. So please get the facts straight before posting & stirring up more unprovoked hate.

Agreed.

A very long time ago (1918), there was a popular song with lyrics asking "how are you going to keep them down on the farm, after they have seen Paree?". These lyrics meant to ask how WW-I vets would adjust to coming home to their farms after an international war on foreign soil. This problem remains today, there is no easy answer. OTOH, many of us would not be here now, if daddy didn't come home to his farm, ala the post WW-II baby boom.

What does this mean here? Well, I have ventured into the SU/Team Shelby forums, and I still don't like the hospitality. We are a solid family of SGT owners here, with visitors who are always welcome. However, it's not a two way street at SU, IMHO.

My most recent post over there, about the right thing to do earned a reply, and an apology (of sorts) from one of those involved. Sadly, it came with a "deal" attached, asking for all of us to remove/modify our replies. This isn't a situation where apologies based on "deals" fits, and it speaks of the community mindset.

So...I will hang here until it's turned off. After that, I'll have to decide what I'm going to do, and where I hang my hat. As long as this site accepts my posts, you may find me here.

Y'all be safe, and "do what you gotta do" to get along. I have.

Mac.

My most recent post over there, about the right thing to do earned a reply, and an apology (of sorts) from one of those involved. Sadly, it came with a "deal" attached, asking for all of us to remove/modify our replies. This isn't a situation where apologies based on "deals" fits, and it speaks of the community mindset.

So...I will hang here until it's turned off. After that, I'll have to decide what I'm going to do, and where I hang my hat. As long as this site accepts my posts, you may find me here.

Y'all be safe, and "do what you gotta do" to get along. I have.

Mac.

I want to know why you folks say one thing here & then another over there & then report back over here saying something that isn't true? Master Yoda, as stupid as he may be didn't offer a deal he said

quote "original post has been edited, sorry if I offended anyone. now will you re-edit all your post on both boards?" end quote

to me he is asking for a truse & asking for your wrongs to be corrected also on how his comments were portayed weather it was mean spirted or not. if you can't meet someone halfway then your part of the problem in MHO

This is getting retarded. Bottom line is this. I'm a man, not a kid. I respect all cars on the roads even if i think they're not for me. You like rice, then that's your thing.

What i don't like is when some people laugh at someone elses misfortune. If a guy with a "ricer" crashed his car, i'd still feel for him. That just sucks. For someone to laugh, that sucks also. Karma has a funny way of dealing with people such as that.

This is getting retarded. Bottom line is this. I'm a man, not a kid. I respect all cars on the roads even if i think they're not for me. You like rice, then that's your thing.

What i don't like is when some people laugh at someone elses misfortune. If a guy with a "ricer" crashed his car, i'd still feel for him. That just sucks. For someone to laugh, that sucks also. Karma has a funny way of dealing with people such as that.

Yeah this is retarded. So how do you respond when the guy with his bone stickin out of his calf on the ground is laughing and asking if you know any good jokes when its only you and him on the side of the road, and then acts like Tom Green and starts telling you to lick it when you tell him to chill as his bone is sticking out?

True story I was the guy not laughing lookin at my cousins bone stickin out. Point is everyones got a different sense of how they deal with stuff. Dude wrecked his ride it-it sucks BFD happens everyday, he was on a TRACK thats what happens sometimes and it does SUCK, BUT hes OK so lighten up....seriously.

I want to know why you folks say one thing here & then another over there & then report back over here saying something that isn't true? Master Yoda, as stupid as he may be didn't offer a deal he said

quote "original post has been edited, sorry if I offended anyone. now will you re-edit all your post on both boards?" end quote

to me he is asking for a truse & asking for your wrongs to be corrected also on how his comments were portayed weather it was mean spirted or not. if you can't meet someone halfway then your part of the problem in MHO

"quote "original post has been edited, sorry if I offended anyone. now will you re-edit all your post on both boards?" end quote"

Correctly quoted, thank you.

Amending the offending post is acceptable IMHO, it's what I would do (and have done) here. The apology is respected. However, asking anyone to re-edit their contributions after that post is asking to mute their objections, and that makes it a deal, a bet. Like upping the ante in a poker game..."I'll do this, if you'll do that". Someone is either genuine in their feelings, or, they are playing poker with politics.

I don't play cards or politics. The apology is respected, but the "deal" makes it disingenuous, and superfulous.

Have you ever seen that TV show called americas funniest home videos? I see alot of things on there that shouldn't be laughed at when someone gets hurt, but most everyone still laughs at it & some may even comment at home while watching it saying" what a dumb azz" I think might be one of those cases with Yoda except he typed what he was thinking. folks make mistakes.

Have you ever seen that TV show called americas funniest home videos? I see alot of things on there that shouldn't be laughed at when someone gets hurt, but most everyone still laughs at it & some may even comment at home while watching it saying" what a dumb azz" I think might be one of those cases with Yoda except he typed what he was thinking. folks make mistakes.

I do that every time i watch that show when seeing some of those video's....................

But,

We assume that it all turns out ok because they are showing it on tv and it is call "Funiest" home video's, so you know your going to be in for a laugh. Maybe in this case it was said not knowing the full story and it came off the wrong way? As Lu Lu has said above about the internet, Thats one of the problems i always have with posting on the internet, when you read something, what are you really reading? Since in most cases your really not sure how something is meant (Unless there is emotocon after it), when you read it, in your head it may mean something different then what was really intended. I have often read stuff where when i read it, i thought, What a freakin <bleep>! but since i did not really know the person, or where the person was coming from, i over reacted a little and well here we are maybe.......

I'm just talking about the intial salvo, not what has transpired since, but, what ever happens, I hope in the end it can all be takin with a little grain of salt and we can move forward.

CW,

The whole deal was that someone should first, make sure that no one was hurt and second, establish a stupidity factor of the driver, then laugh about it. On AFHV we all know that the people are ok or else the clip wouldn't have been shown.

Thats all this was about.

I made a comment on how I felt and it has been way over blown.

I started this so I am going to ask for everyone to stop it, please.

CW,

The whole deal was that someone should first, make sure that no one was hurt and second, establish a stupidity factor of the driver, then laugh about it. On AFHV we all know that the people are ok or else the clip wouldn't have been shown.

Thats all this was about.

I made a comment on how I felt and it has been way over blown.

I started this so I am going to ask for everyone to stop it, please.

+1

Your wrong!

I went back & checked every post Master Yoda has made & he hasn't started even one thread. He did make mention that if he owned a Shelby it wouldn't go on the track. So please get the facts straight before posting & stirring up more unprovoked hate.

CW - I think you should back off a taste. This is NOT the forum over there where your hateful burst will be tolerated. Let each poster have their say and then try extremely hard to answer without showing anger. This is mainly the SGT forum and if you want to start something go to the gt500 part of this forum, you'll be more appreciated there, unless your anger subsides.

Let us live and let live, in Shelby peace!

I agree, lets move on

CW - I think you should back off a taste. This is NOT the forum over there where your hateful burst will be tolerated. Let each poster have their say and then try extremely hard to answer without showing anger. This is mainly the SGT forum and if you want to start something go to the gt500 part of this forum, you'll be more appreciated there, unless your anger subsides.

Let us live and let live, in Shelby peace!

hateful? where is this coming from?

This is gettin silly.

Now then....STICKING to the topic.....

So guy is ok, car is gettin trucked back east, was a white SGT, guy was on our forum. Speculated that both front fenders were toast, anything else.

Details of what may have happened? Any pictures from the guy who crashed, or anyone who can ask him if its ok to post a pic of the car?

This is gettin silly.

Now then....STICKING to the topic.....

So guy is ok, car is gettin trucked back east, was a white SGT, guy was on our forum. Speculated that both front fenders were toast, anything else.

Details of what may have happened? Any pictures from the guy who crashed, or anyone who can ask him if its ok to post a pic of the car?

I have pictures link posted in the topic Vegas Pic's.............

He is ok. was shakin up as it looked to me......

left front fender and rear left rear quarter and trunk, hood, suspension. Not a pretty site......

I have pictures link posted in the topic Vegas Pic's.............

He is ok. was shakin up as it looked to me......

left front fender and rear left rear quarter and trunk, hood, suspension. Not a pretty site......

Should we get a collection going to help get him back on the road, assuming car can be fixed?

Please remember "TEAM" Shelby

T ogether

E everyone

A chieves

M ore

Don't get cought up in it & the mine & yours. I have not signed up yet, waiting to see if members will move when this site closes so I have not shared this at Team Shelby. I heard it will be automatic.

Did see the pictures of the white SGT, sad. Does look repairable.

Carry on

Should we get a collection going to help get him back on the road, assuming car can be fixed?

I'm 100% behind this, just tell me where to send my contribution?

The owner is going to have some insurance claim problems, car being on the track and all. Maybe best not to mention it to them at all.

Meanwhile, this is where "family" really steps into real time. We can talk "family" crap all day long, but when the chips are down for one of us, who's standing up?

I am, got a spare 100 bucks (if there is such a thing) here for this cause, maybe more if necessary. Where do I send it?

C'mon y'all, back a brother SGT owner. I've done this before, backed a brother Marauder owner on hard times with a blown bottom end. Wasn't hard to collect the funds to get him back on the road, and he paid us all back ten-fold since then.

Make the move, it's a good feeling to help out another in need.

What's next?

Archived