TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Someone told me...

LuLu

If you go to the www.shelbyautos.com and follow the link to the forums you end up at teamshelby.com.

I had bookmarked this forum directly and it looks like they still haven't realized it's active.

I'm sure they know it's still active and things are just not completed yet. All of these posts including or post counts) are supposed to be transferred over.

I'm sure they know it's still active and things are just not completed yet. All of these posts including or post counts) are supposed to be transferred over.

A seamless merge would be quite a task. I'm hoping for a link at best.

Well lets hope it transfers.

As much as they would want to, I think it is an insurmountable task.

You see, all the posts here are in the database....assigned sequential numbers.

So are all the users..although your username is "stump_breaker," you are just an assigned number in the user base.

...and the forum software matches users to posts to display the threads.

Even though SU and SPF used the same forum software...

Each forum started with member #1 and assigned users numbers as they registered.

s-o-o-o, member #1234 here is NOT unique, because there is a member #1234 over there as well.

I could imagine some tricky ways to try and hash the data to allow it to merge..but it would be a colossal task.

I would guess that a compromise for the SPF guys here would be to keep this forum running on it's own... as a separate software forum......and just "marry it" into the TS menu...and probably change the "skin" of this forum to the white on black....so it all looks like one.

But, I just can't see this being combined.

Archived