TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carrol Shelby Signature

07SGT4648

Hello all,

Today is a wonderful day, Today my airbag cover came back with a awesome signature of Carroll Shelby !!

I wanted to show all of you one of the fruits that i gained from this awesome forum!

To all that are weary about taking off your airbag, DONT BE. This is one of the easiest upgrades i think are possible.

Clearly this is a great investment to all Shelby lovers. I sent my airbag cover fed ex on december 17th

and received it back today January 10th.

I am happy to show all of you this airbag cover with pride!!

It was actually easier to put back in than it was to take out. And that was easy.

No glitches, or hitches. the car was sleeping the whole time and never knew anything was missing.

Just wanted to say thanks to all on this forum for all the useful info and upgrade tips

YOU ALL ARE MAKING MY SHELBY OWNING EXPERIENCE A POSITIVE ONE.

THANK YOU, AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU AT TEAM SHELBY!!

07SGT4648/4646

DSC01751.jpg

DSC01752.jpg

DSC01754.jpg

DSC01756.jpg

Thanks, It really does look sweet!!

I was hoping that it got signed before his 85th , that way it wouldnt look like he was tired of writing.

WORTH IT!! WORTH IT!! WORTH IT!!

Plus i'll sleep better tonight knowing that some deserving children will be getting the help they need!

Congrats fiacobra, When i got mine back, it was Christmas all over again.

I was jumping up and down and just had to call somebody.

Mine was signed Jan. 4th When was yours signed?

Lemme look.......lol, same day as yours!! How cool is that?

I was downstairs when my lil' 4 yr old guy came down carring a box that the "US Guy" dropped off...i ran upstairs with camera in hand and cleared the dinner plates aside. Family gathered around and i was joking saying..."Fragile, must be Italian" as i opened it. (Christmas Story line). Daughter helped me with the styrofoam peanuts and there it was, the signed airbag. That was the topic during dinner. Ok, gotta go now and install it...pics to follow.

I want to do this, How exactly do you take it off, does it affect the airbag, can I ride around without the cover,Do you have some pictures of taking it off?

Thanks

First thing i did was remove the negative battery terminal.

Next i removed the fuse block on the passenger side kick panel (just to be safe)

then lower the glove box, look up and you will see the two bolts holding the airbag to the frame. (remove)

You can unplug the airbag (simple connection) Then use your hand from underneath to gently push the plastic tabs. (Look at pictures)

Once the airbag assembly comes out (easy) you will carefull manipulate the airbag cover (top or bottom)

to remove the cover. You will understand when you get this far.

label your item with name and signing instructions and mail to Carroll Shelby's childrens foundation.

EASY!!!

I cannot answer your question about driving around without it, Mine sat idle with battery disconnected until

i got the airbag cover back.

No problems What so ever !! Good luck

There was previous posts here that describe what to do in greater detail.

All done. Now a glass of wine !!

incarke4.jpg

...........as for driving around without the airbag, no problems. Just make sure you have fuse #17 (10amp) pulled from the right side kick panel near the passenger footwell. Your "airbag" warning lamp will stay lit meaning you have NO airbag protection in the unfortunate event of a crash. You're taking your chances but i did. I couldn't let the car sit idle for that amount of time.

Congrats 4648 and FiaCobra. I couldn't wait to read when I saw the title of the thread as I too have been waiting for my airbag cover. NO JOKE.....sitting here reading when at 7PM the door bell rang. I went to the door and there was no one there...my first thought was those %&*$# kids! Then I noticed a box and yep, my favorite person was driving off...ups man.... I was shocked that it came back so quickly. signed 1/4/08 and rec'd on my wife's birthday! She said I was so excited she thought it was my birthday instead. I told her it was.......at least for now! :D

LOL...There's going to come a day when the "rare" SGT is one without a signature on the air bag cover! I'm just kidding, but I do have a word of caution here.

Gents, find some clear Mylar or likewise clear material and cover that signature with a protective sealant. I say so, because Mr. Shelby uses a silver paint pen, I've seen this in several pics posted here.

Problem is, this silver paint is applied to a non-pourous surface, and some over-eager car wash jockey (if there is such a thing) or, even yourselves, may someday wipe it down with a cleaning solution/solvent that will dissolve that paint, and it will be gone forever.

I had this problem with my Kenny Brown #1x Marauder, where he signed the car as the original "1X". I think it was Windex, or ArmorAll, but it smudged the sig and it was ruined. I got it fixed, and covered it with clear Mylar bought at an arts supply store. Trimmed out carefully, you couldn't see any difference.

I strongly suggest y'all cover that sig with something, so, it will last as long as the rest of the car.

Happy Motoring!

LOL...There's going to come a day when the "rare" SGT is one without a signature on the air bag cover! I'm just kidding, but I do have a word of caution here.

Gents, find some clear Mylar or likewise clear material and cover that signature with a protective sealant. I say so, because Mr. Shelby uses a silver paint pen, I've seen this in several pics posted here.

Problem is, this silver paint is applied to a non-pourous surface, and some over-eager car wash jockey (if there is such a thing) or, even yourselves, may someday wipe it down with a cleaning solution/solvent that will dissolve that paint, and it will be gone forever.

I had this problem with my Kenny Brown #1x Marauder, where he signed the car as the original "1X". I think it was Windex, or ArmorAll, but it smudged the sig and it was ruined. I got it fixed, and covered it with clear Mylar bought at an arts supply store. Trimmed out carefully, you couldn't see any difference.

I strongly suggest y'all cover that sig with something, so, it will last as long as the rest of the car.

Happy Motoring!

thanks for the info Lulu. I was wondering how to protect it and now I know. Thanks again

Does anyone have any pics of a "protected" autograph?

Before i go shooting some $2.78 cent can of krylon hobby clearcoat or this " clear mylar " coating over this PRICELESS Carroll Shelby Autograph, I would like to see pics of the treated cover.

I want my airbag cover to look like it does now! Nothing Shiny or apparently noticeable.

My Shelby manual says to stay out of the drive thru car washes. So that means i will be the only one wiping down my dash.

I do not want contrast between the panels. Anyone experienced here with this sort of things have pics?

Does anyone have any pics of a "protected" autograph?

Before i go shooting some $2.78 cent can of krylon hobby clearcoat or this " clear mylar " coating over this PRICELESS Carroll Shelby Autograph, I would like to see pics of the treated cover.

I want my airbag cover to look like it does now! Nothing Shiny or apparently noticeable.

My Shelby manual says to stay out of the drive thru car washes. So that means i will be the only one wiping down my dash.

I do not want contrast between the panels. Anyone experienced here with this sort of things have pics?

If you have contrast between the panels all you have to do is coat the entire dash. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

Seriously though, Im just jealous, I need to get my airbag cover removed.

Guys these look great! What was the turn around time from when you sent them in to the time you got them back? I will be sending mine in this weekend.

I sent mine fed ex on dec.17th andit came back on Jan.10th 24 days !!!!

DSC01752.jpg

It arrived on December 21st and was signed on january 4th (2 weeks exactly)

It felt like forever, but it was worth the wait.

Guys these look great! What was the turn around time from when you sent them in to the time you got them back? I will be sending mine in this weekend.

Sent mine out in on Dec 28th and got it back on Jan 11th. Pretty quick considering it was during the holiday season.

I had my dash signed by Carroll on Dec 12 of 2006 for my CS8 Mustang. Now that I traded in my CS8 for a 2007 Shelby GT (CSM#07SGT1967) I got to start all over again. :( I took out my dash cover off on Tuesday and shipped it next day to Gardena. So hopefully I get it withn a few weeks. :) My dash is the dark charcoal color so my signature will be in the silver pen. Which will look good with the black & silver GT.

It does. Believe its 250? There is a site with info I havent been able to locate during the last week or so. Im too emberassed to ask anyone for a link so you might wanna ask someone else....................??????

When I finally find the link Ill be tearing my dash apart.

The Carroll Shelby Childrens foundation did an excellent job of repacking my airbag cover, i had it wrapped in this blue soft packing cloth several times around. I had my instructions and payment attached to the cover. When i got my cover back it was re-wrapped in its original

packing along with the packing peanuts for added protection.

I appreciated that, for the fact they too want to protect my investment.

Advise: wrap your product in the care in which you would like to receive it back in, and you will receive it back with care!

Excellent job, Thank you Mr. Shelby and All at the Childrens foundation.

DSC01751.jpg

DSC01754.jpg

Archived