TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Im going to Miss Most at Shelbyforums

Michael Morris

I am glad you started this Michael :)

Oh...where do I begin :rolleyes:

I will miss the our own special little spot..where no one seems to care that we exist...except us of course.

I will NOT miss the CGI errors and the board that "misbehaves"

I am thankful that this board started us on a lifetime of friendships that will never go away..no matter where this board goes.

I am also thankful we do have a place to go to, even though it will be different, but we can continue our relationships !

I look forward to meeting many of you in the days ahead, and many more in the days to come !

Sue

i will miss this place :(

I was just starting to get on everyone's nerves...now I have to start all over again. :)

HAHA..Same here.

Ill miss comments by Stump and knowledge of LuLu the most. (Though I think they are over there too)

Ill miss reading the "locked" forums and trying to figure out why they were locked

Ill miss ever being able to add my lil saying under my name (Im half way there)

I will miss the small town this place has become. I read every post here on nearly every section here. I have been posting "over there" for a couple of weeks mainly in the birthday bash section, but really haven't found anything of interest in their SGT section.

I know its been said before.....but, this place has forged friendships for me that will last forever.

The Tasca weekend last summer and meeting everyone there really solidified that.

I look forward to meeting so many of you guys and gals at the bday bash and have no doubt numerous names will be added to that dubious list.

:D :D :D

edit: post # 1200, Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

I was pretty new at this site but ran into alot of really good guys and gals

I was always on forums regarding vehicles I own but never on one I did not own personally.

All the people I have talked to in here has really made me want a Shelby. I have always been a mustang guy since I was young but have never wanted something to be able to be apart of such a great group of individuals like you.

Hopefully I will join the niche soon and not just be someone selling them

I think what I will miss the most is not having many GT500 owners in our conversations. I'm not saying they are bad people but I don't like the air of superiority most of them have when it comes to our cars and I liked not having them in every post.

I am on the new website but feel it is way larger than our little special spot. I will continue to be active. I want to thank all of you for helping me through the days when I was waiting and waiting and waiting for my car. To share that with someone else, other than my wife, was truly helpful for me. See you on the dark side. Steve

I think what I will miss the most is not having many GT500 owners in our conversations. I'm not saying they are bad people but I don't like the air of superiority most of them have when it comes to our cars and I liked not having them in every post.

+1

My screen names the same, too... B)

LOL Socal...I havent seen him in a while. speaking of him is the gas cap done yet??! ;)

Anyway, I will miss the close knit feel this place has. Yea we can make the new place better and all that crap but it still will never be the same. Over the years I have met a bunch of great people online and have had the pleasure to meet alot of them. And eventually things change and they fade away. Life gets busier, sites go away, etc. and I just hope that isnt the case this time. I still see a few guys I used to play games online with. They are in Maine actually and only live 10 miles from me. It was kind of funny when we met being that close and all. Anyway we still meet up here and there. But many of the other guys we all hung with arent around anymore since the site went away and none of us have been able to reach them and its too bad. So lets do our best to make sure that doesnt happen. :)

While I don't have quite as many posts as most of you I still come here and read most every day. To say it is enjoyable does not do it justice.

I've never owned a Mustang before, let alone a Shelby. As such I am still learning a lot about my car and the reputation that precedes it.

The knowledge that everyone on this board displays is amazing. I consider a lot of you as being the "graybeards" of Shelby-dom (no offense to the ladies on board).

I hope I can find this same camaraderie over on the other site.

(probably keep the same screen name, too.)

What this forum has done is bring a "very passionate" group of people together and has forged long lasting friendships. People you never expected to meet. We self monitored ourselves. We have had heated debate and disagreement. And through it all….. we made it through. It feels like home because it really is home. Think about it.

Besides the small town feel, If we are all over there posting like here, we should be ok. Yeah, it will not have that small comunity feel but, if we stick together, we can all pull together as a team........ :)

+1 I won't miss the cgi error I just got posting this <_< I haven't been on here that long but very much enjoy the small town community, vast information & still look forward to meeting up with alot of you :)

As rossgt put it, It's like home. I hope to see ya'll on the other side and hope my buddie list carries over.

I'll probably keep the same name. Thanks to all!!!!!!!!! Brance :D

I'm hoping it will change but so far I have not been impressed with the ambiance on the other site. It's too generic and I just don't have any desire to visit that often.

There is a lot we will have to wait and see about.

I am fairly new to this site, but not that new to the other and have to agree with this. We need to help the change.

I am a member of many car forums and can say that this one and Pelican Parts (I used to be a Porshe Guy) are the most mature, informative, and fun forums I have been on. I actually joined this one a while back, but had to do it again. This forum respects others opinions, while others just bash people all day long. If we all spend our time in the Shelby GT section it is ours to take, the only action in it is mostly from current members of this forum. I can not make Vegas, but look forward to making any events in the future, especially in New England.

Have fun in Vegas!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill- Same Forum Name over there

I too am fairly new and would have to agree with everyone else. This is a great group of enthusiasts for the Shelby name. I don't post that much(posting on the phone stinks! :lol: ), but I do read on here all the time (gotta do something during class!). I really wish I could have made vegas, but classes started back today. Hopefully I will be able to meet everyone in Tulsa.

P.S.- Get some good pics from Vegas for us who couldn't go!! and most of all HAVE FUN!!

Kelsey

SGTinBC

changes to:

66DNA (my license plates)

See some of you on Friday night!!! and the rest...over at Team Shelby!

I've learned much, laughed a bunch..and have found so many of you sincerely great people!

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you this weekend!

Todd

CSM No. 07SGT0129

I'm fairly new here but I echo most of your sentiments. When I purchased my SGT 3 months ago the first forum I found was the stangsunleashed site. So I got used to it first but after finding this site I'll say that it is easier to use and does have a closer knit feeling. I read both sites nightly and see some of the same folks on both sites. I'll have to say there seems to be more info here or maybe I just find it easier here. Anyway, if all you guys are there I'm sure the community feeling will be also. I do hope you'll use your same name there. Hey, without pics how will I know who's who???? Hopefully the switch will be painless.

Jim

I'm afraid it won't be long now. My forum name on Team Shelby will be the same, but I'm afraid it won't be the same as it is here. We've suffered together and been there for each other through the PSDS, the VIN tracker, the Mod shop delays and the hood scoops. I'd like to thank all my brothers and sisters on this site. Adam, Jeff, Roger, Wicked, Sue, Stump, Michael Morris, AFBLUE and Chris, just to name a few. You've all been great people with a common passion and I'm sad to see this site go. I'll see you all on the other side. Lets make that site a great one for the SGT owners too. Dave

the merger might take place while some of us are in LV, so i thought i would let everyone tell what they are going to miss about the little joint.

ill go first

1 the CGI errors

2 tight knit little group

3 not being anywhere near the Top 10 Posters :lol:

yalls turn

michael morris

Hopefully all of the people on this forum will add some excitement to stangsunleashed..

Seems so... slow over there. ;)

Archived