TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Scoop Fix, Does It Have To Be Done....

SGT ShuttleGuy

Is it possible to get it done at a reputable/good body shop and still be covered by warranty?

I'm going to guess no, unless you want to pay the body shop for their service out of pocket.

The scoop is a Shelby item, they provide the part. Installation is covered by your native Ford warranty.

Is it possible to get it done at a reputable/good body shop and still be covered by warranty?

If I remember correctly and I may not, I believe Bud made a comment about sending the new scoop to a body shop if that is where you preferred the work to be done. This comment was also before the "official" scoop repair release though so things have probably changed.

With that being said, I am having the Shelby Mod Shop do mine but they did make a comment about this being the first one and they still need to work out how they will get paid (from SAI).

STUMP...where did you get the picture of my husband ?????????????? !!!! :lol:

Anyways..yes..you can get it done by a body shop of your choice, and shelby will authorize payment to them. Contact John Walker at SAI . I believe they are only doing this for this situation since many dealers will not touch this fix. They will want the name of the body shop and a contact etc.

Good luck !

Sue

STUMP...where did you get the picture of my husband ?????????????? !!!! :lol:

Anyways..yes..you can get it done by a body shop of your choice, and shelby will authorize payment to them. Contact John Walker at SAI . I believe they are only doing this for this situation since many dealers will not touch this fix. They will want the name of the body shop and a contact etc.

Good luck !

Sue

This is correct. You can also have your dealer contract with your body shop, which is what I did, where it's a simple pass through of the cost and the body shop bills the dealership and they in turn bill Ford.

HOWEVER: If you do this, I was told you loose the warranty on it should YOUR body shop screw it up. If the dealer messes it up Ford will still be on the hook. If your body shop messes up that's between you and them. Unless this has changed that's what I was told.

Good luck, it really does look a world better once done!

-Jeff

HOWEVER: If you do this, I was told you loose the warranty on it should YOUR body shop screw it up. If the dealer messes it up Ford will still be on the hook. If your body shop messes up that's between you and them. Unless this has changed that's what I was told.

-Jeff

I don't have any scoop issues...Yet.

But, I did have a hood pin issue, and this is exactly what happened.

Took LuLu to my favorite L/M dealership who promised to service my SGT. I put them in contact with the SAI Warranty Team. The OEM installed pins were proven dysfuncional, snapped open with the energy it takes to blow out birthday cake candles. The first set of replacement pins were likewise dysfunctional, so, more phone calls between the dealership and SAI, and not on my dime/time. The third set sent out...Perfect.

Didn't cost me a nickle, even got a loaner while LuLu rested among friends. Kind of like a "day at the SPA" for her, the b*tch. They just love having an SGT in house, even though they don't/can't sell them. Go figure?

Hey...Do what you gotta do, right?

Archived