TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Those without the IUP package can do what I did

blueshawk

My SGT didn't come with the IUP for the interior. I'm not a fan of the aluminum trim on the dash and I like the black look with the white shift knob. However, I'd liked a better steering wheel and the IUP cluster with message center. So the solution is to get the steering wheel I want and add the cluster.

The steering wheel I have is the Ford Racing wheel for the GT500 but with black stitching which comes with a "real" leather shift boot. Nice. This is the same steering wheel that is on the new Bullitt I believe.

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=99013127

This wheel and boot I installed myself. Easy!

I just ordered the IUP cluster w/ message center and the switch from my Ford dealer who will install it when it comes in.

Cluster p/n 7R3Z10849GB $342.45

Switch p/n 6R3Z18578AA $70.00

I looked on the web for several direct Ford parts vendors but they both wanted a core charge of $300 for the cluster. However they wouldn't refund it because the cluster I would be returning is not the same as I'm buying. So the dealer price was the best because he didn't require a core charge. I probably could have bought the switch cheaper though.

I'll have it installed next week.

That aluminum trim on the dash on the IUP also came in black.....like in my car.

That's what i would have gotten if I had the option. My dealer was only getting one white SGT and I wanted a black one so I found it in the next city (60 miles away). The white one that did come in also didn't have the IUP. :(

My SGT didn't come with the IUP for the interior. I'm not a fan of the aluminum trim on the dash and I like the black look with the white shift knob. However, I'd liked a better steering wheel and the IUP cluster with message center. So the solution is to get the steering wheel I want and add the cluster.

The steering wheel I have is the Ford Racing wheel for the GT500 but with black stitching which comes with a "real" leather shift boot. Nice. This is the same steering wheel that is on the new Bullitt I believe.

I just ordered the IUP cluster w/ message center and the switch from my Ford dealer who will install it when it comes in.

I looked on the web for several direct Ford parts vendors but they both wanted a core charge of $300 for the cluster. However they wouldn't refund it because the cluster I would be returning is not the same as I buying. So the dealer price was the best because he didn't require a core charge. I probably could have bought the switch cheaper though.

whats the $70 switch for?

It's the push button switch the goes in the center panel just to the left of the traction control on/off switch. It controls the message center options.

oh the 3 buttons left of the 12v power outlet? i was wondering what went there.

if i got the upgraded guage cluster with the switch, would this be something that should be documented? and should i keep the original cluster after i have it removed?

Here is a thread from another forum about retrofitting the My Color/ dash into a non My color dash.

BTW: my IUP on my regular GT is a Carbon Fiber like panel not the aluminum....I did not like the aluminum one either.

My Color Dash Retrofit

And here is another link to a bunch of other upgrades. Hope this helps someone out.

Link to upgrade threads

Gib

Here is a shot of it all the way across.

100_0325.jpg

Gib

Disclaimer: Looking at a dash without a SHELBY dash plaque may cause pyschotic outbursts. Outbursts have been known to be directed toward those of us that were not capable of having a dash plaque. 07SamanthaGT shall not be held responsible for such actions.

I am in San Diego, CA. All I have heard out of SD dealers is that an IUP upgrade (redundant, I know) cannot be done. I am interested in knowing what dealer who knows it can be done is closest to San Diego? I really want to have this done to my car and will be willing to travel a reasonable distance to get it done. Any ideas? Thanks.

Jim

I am in San Diego, CA. All I have heard out of SD dealers is that an IUP upgrade (redundant, I know) cannot be done. I am interested in knowing what dealer who knows it can be done is closest to San Diego? I really want to have this done to my car and will be willing to travel a reasonable distance to get it done. Any ideas? Thanks.

Jim

I would be willing to bet that a custom interior shop could do it. They could get the parts and do the install. I would be willing to bet that the dealers just do not want to mess with it. Also you could try Hillbank Motorsports.

Gib

Jim

Jim, with all of the SoCal area in attendace at the Bash, I'll bet you be albe to get some great info! :D

I would be willing to bet that a custom interior shop could do it. They could get the parts and do the install. I would be willing to bet that the dealers just do not want to mess with it. Also you could try Hillbank Motorsports.

Gib

I tried Hillbank right off and they were nice but said it was too complicated. They are the "go to" guys and reasonably close to me. I will check a couple of places like you suggest. Thanks.

Jim

Jim, with all of the SoCal area in attendace at the Bash, I'll bet you be albe to get some great info! :D

Hi Roger,

Good point. Now I have yet another purpose for this coming weekend. See you Friday morning. Jim

^^^^ I am also in San Diego. What is this event this weekend?

It is a celebration of Carroll Shelby's 85th birthday. The event starts early on Friday morning in LA where aout 50 cars will make the drive from there to the Shelby facility in Las Vegas. Events go morning, noon and night until about noon on Sunday. Jim

It is a celebration of Carroll Shelby's 85th birthday. The event starts early on Friday morning in LA where aout 50 cars will make the drive from there to the Shelby facility in Las Vegas. Events go morning, noon and night until about noon on Sunday. Jim

you guys have 50 cars going? Thats awesome ! wish I would have pulled the trigger on tickets :angry:

I think its closer to 100 cars now based on posts on TEAM Shelby! :D :D

I hitched a ride in GT500 Vert for the cruise so I can finally get a first hand perspective on that ride.

Tony is letting me drive half of the trip!

Looking forward to this would be the understatment of the century.....considering the same generous fellow is letting me split time with him at the performance driving school the next day and I get to drive his car on the LAS VEGAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY! :D :D :D

Full report when I return.

Sorry for the thread theft, I got carried away!

I think its closer to 100 cars now based on posts on TEAM Shelby! :D :D

I hitched a ride in GT500 Vert for the cruise so I can finally get a first hand perspective on that ride.

Tony is letting me drive half of the trip!

Looking forward to this would be the understatment of the century.....considering the same generous fellow is letting me split time with him at the performance driving school the next day and I get to drive his car on the LAS VEGAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY! :D :D :D

Full report when I return.

Sorry for the thread theft, I got carried away!

Thats sounds like a blast, I think its amazing that people are willing to share their babies, very cool. I did the Richard Petty driving experience at Las Vegas last year and I would expect you might be able to run it pretty much flat out.

I looked on the web for several direct Ford parts vendors but they both wanted a core charge of $300 for the cluster. However they wouldn't refund it because the cluster I would be returning is not the same as I'm buying. So the dealer price was the best because he didn't require a core charge. I probably could have bought the switch cheaper though.

OK, It doesn't work! :o

Well it does, but the module can't be programmed to read the tire sensors. Everything else works. So I told them to put the old one back in and everything is fine. Luckily they took the cluster and switch back. I lost a hunk of money on labor.

The good news is that Ford IS working on an upgrade package to do this which will include the necessary programs. I'll just have to wait :(

This mod would have worked for an '05 or '06 GT though.

Archived