TEAM SHELBY FORUM

50+ Degrees In Chicago!

MattInDetroit

I took Stripes out today! We cruised at a nice clip about 10 miles down 94 and back...it was awesome! After almost 2 months this was a good "fix" for the SGT junkie in me. ;-)

:)

Spring is "just around the corner"! ;)

Hope you washed it afterwards to get all the salt off!

Spring....ha...you haven't had the worst of it yet lol

Yeah..my daughter said it was nice up there today..people were cooking out haha.

It was 75 and gorgeous here today :D

We had a few cold days and I thought I would die.

Where on 94 ? That stretch going through Chicago now is beautiful driving since they finally got the roads done. When I was there in October..I so wished I had Ralph with me to drive through there.

Haven't stopped driving mine, winter or not! Even though, since purchase I've only been driving at a 4000 mile / year pace....

It might be warm, but it's still wet and sloppy around me down here in Alsip. "Wet and sloppy" can be good stuff, but not when talking weather.

Lots of crap has to melt and puddles have to dry up, before I take LuLu out. Looking foward to some rain to rinse things off. I think Spring is still a tad out there, weather-wise. But, I'll take what I can get.

Matt...where-a-bouts are you located? Just asking for the nearest intersection, or, a zip code, nothing personal.

Haven't stopped driving mine, winter or not! Even though, since purchase I've only been driving at a 4000 mile / year pace....

ilmor, you are my hero driving your SGT in the bad winter weather. While I believe the White and Black SGT's are both fast, it takes longer to clean the Black ones...LOL Baring an emergency, mine stays in the garage during the winter. After all if I tried to wash it, the water would freeze and lock me in the car before I could get it home. LOL

It might be warm, but it's still wet and sloppy around me down here in Alsip. "Wet and sloppy" can be good stuff, but not when talking weather.

Lots of crap has to melt and puddles have to dry up, before I take LuLu out. Looking foward to some rain to rinse things off. I think Spring is still a tad out there, weather-wise. But, I'll take what I can get.

Matt...where-a-bouts are you located? Just asking for the nearest intersection, or, a zip code, nothing personal.

I figure it's made for a lot worse so a little wet road and some residual salt I can deal with. I nice wash tomorrow and all will be well again. :-)

I live near Rt 94 and Grand Ave in Gurnee.

Spring....ha...you haven't had the worst of it yet lol

Yeah..my daughter said it was nice up there today..people were cooking out haha.

It was 75 and gorgeous here today :D

We had a few cold days and I thought I would die.

Where on 94 ? That stretch going through Chicago now is beautiful driving since they finally got the roads done. When I was there in October..I so wished I had Ralph with me to drive through there.

Rub it in Sue!

I took a ride into WI and back...window down...just the fix I needed before LV!

;-)

Chi-Town Shelby's... all year round.! If you need a pedestal piece, buy a vintage GT40. or GT350R. for a millino bucks Otherwise, drive your Shelby. Everyone else drives their Corvettes and Porsches in the snow. Enjoy every minute even if your exhuast tips get tarnished. :):):)

Chi-Town Shelby's... all year round.! If you need a pedestal piece, buy a vintage GT40. or GT350R. for a million bucks Otherwise, drive your Shelby. Everyone else drives their Corvettes and Porsche's in the snow. Enjoy every minute even if your exhaust tips get tarnished. :):):)

Like I always say you get one life so don't screw it up. :)

Hey Matt! That had to be Stripes I saw today on my way back from Lakeshore H.D. Lookin good!!!!!! You & Showcar are only about 1/2 hour from me :D Unfortunately winters coming back this weekend according to the Weather Rocket Scientist's ;) Make sure ya get all that salt spray off Stripes & keep him happy:) We got to get together sometime. Hope all have a good

time in Vegas!!!!!!!!

Brance

ilmor, you are my hero driving your SGT in the bad winter weather. While I believe the White and Black SGT's are both fast, it takes longer to clean the Black ones...LOL Baring an emergency, mine stays in the garage during the winter. After all if I tried to wash it, the water would freeze and lock me in the car before I could get it home. LOL

Yeah, I washed mine Sat. morning and of course the water droplets froze up on the car on my way home. Luckily I was able to get out! :lol: We're suppoled to be in the 40's and 50's here all week, which is good because I need to drive to Boston one day.

Well spring is a long ways off where I was this past weekend. My sons and I went Millinocket Maine....about 3 hours north or Portland hauling a*s...and went snowmobiling for the weekend. One god thing about the high gas prices...it kept the idiots home. The hotels were empty and it was rare seeing another sled. There was tons of snow. Almost to the rooftop of the first floor of the hotel. It was unreal. Best I have seen it in the 6 years I have been ridign up there. And there is no better feeling than riding and not having to worry about some meathead coming around a corner in your lane at 80. It was an awesome time and my boys and I had a blast. We put on 170 miles Saturday and about 70 Sunday. My back is payig for it this morning. If some of you have never had the pleasure of doing this sport I highly recommend it. Take a weekend and fly into Maine or any other snowbelt stare and rent a sled and guide and you will have the time of your life. Even you warm weather people...ahem Sue.....

We don't know what it's going to do in TX right now. It was about 80 yesterday. Cloudy and muggy this morning with a chance of rain altough just overnight the chance of rain has diminished or been pushed off until later in the day. Supposed to get colder then supposed to stay warmer. I think they are just guessing at this point.....

I just keep rags and detail spray in the trunk.

Of course I'm not driving mine currently. :D

Archived