TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will these ramps work on a SGT?

TheKurgan

I saw these ramps in the forum a few months ago and bookmarked it. I plan on building these today and was wondering if anyone else has tried them? If so, do they work ok?

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/mwramps/index.htm

Thanks!

Brian

I would use a 2x12 and 45 the edges of the boards but yes it will work. You may want to check on the 18"'s though. I use a standard 2x4 about 3' long in frot of regular ramps but I think 18" might be a little short with our type of front ends.

Just to confirm... My SGT is sitting on top of these ramps right now and they work perfectly. Plenty of clearance underneath to change the oil, etc and that's with a creeper.

Also, they did not budge an inch while I was driving the car on the ramp. I built the ramps to spec according to that article with the 10 inch(actually 9 and 1/4) boards and 45 angles. =)

Just to confirm... My SGT is sitting on top of these ramps right now and they work perfectly. Plenty of clearance underneath to change the oil, etc and that's with a creeper.

Also, they did not budge an inch while I was driving the car on the ramp. I built the ramps to spec according to that article with the 10 inch(actually 9 and 1/4) boards and 45 angles. =)

Thanks for the info! I'll plan to make a set of these ramps in the spring when its time for my SGT's 1st oil change.

-yellow pony

Excellent! I see a new ramp being built for use in my barn!

I saw these ramps in the forum a few months ago and bookmarked it. I plan on building these today and was wondering if anyone else has tried them? If so, do they work ok?

Thanks!

Brian

I Made a set of these today, Measurements from bottom board to top Board are as Follows (gave each board a 45 degree beveled end) :

Bottom Board 47" long

Next Board 40" long

Next Board 31 1/2" long

Next Board 24" long

Next Board 17" long

For the tire stop I used a 2 1/2" board

All Boards are 45 degree beveled except for the Stop Board

I used 2" Galvanized Screws to hold the boards together :)

$58.00 total for five 2"x10" 8' boards and a box of 2" screws.

With the left over boards I made a shorter ramp for the rear of the car. As I pull up onto the front ramp I run up onto the other boards with the rear tires as well.

Took roughly 1.5 hrs to get the material and build the ramps

Later Clink B)

I Made a set of these today, Measurements from bottom board to top Board are as Follows (gave each board a 45 degree beveled end) :

Bottom Board 47" long

Next Board 40" long

Next Board 31 1/2" long

Next Board 24" long

Next Board 17" long

For the tire stop I used a 2 1/2" board

All Boards are 45 degree beveled except for the Stop Board

I used 2" Galvanized Screws to hold the boards together :)

$58.00 total for five 2"x10" 8' boards and a box of 2" screws.

With the left over boards I made a shorter ramp for the rear of the car. As I pull up onto the front ramp I run up onto the other boards with the rear tires as well.

Took roughly 1.5 hrs to get the material and build the ramps

Later Clink B)

Did you try them yet, I am surprised you do not hit with the gaps so close. That incline seems to be the same as Rhino Ramps. If you tried already and they work let us know, I would rather have shorter ones, they would be lighter and easier to store.

Thanks

Did you try them yet, I am surprised you do not hit with the gaps so close. That incline seems to be the same as Rhino Ramps. If you tried already and they work let us know, I would rather have shorter ones, they would be lighter and easier to store.

Thanks

+1 for letting us know how it works. How about a pic or 2 with the car on both front and rear ramps...Please :)

Thanks

Jim

Thanks!

Brian

I was considering building these but I really don't have a good place to store them and they are heavy. So, even though they aren't cheap, I bought the Race Ramps.

http://www.raceramps.com/store/shopdisplay...=Standard+Ramps

I'm really glad I did too. They are very light and easy to use and store.

I was considering building these but I really don't have a good place to store them and they are heavy. So, even though they aren't cheap, I bought the Race Ramps.

http://www.raceramps.com/store/shopdisplay...=Standard+Ramps

I'm really glad I did too. They are very light and easy to use and store.

These are definitely nice, but $200 is 1/25 of a supercharger dude! Plus the space they take up is about the same...I'm still fairly young so I don't need a hoist to move them from their respective spot in the shop once every 3 months. :)))

These are definitely nice, but $200 is 1/25 of a supercharger dude! Plus the space they take up is about the same...I'm still fairly young so I don't need a hoist to move them from their respective spot in the shop once every 3 months. :)))

$50 wood is 1/4 the cost of the Race Ramps. :)

The Race Ramps stand up in a corner of my basement. They really are cool!

Yes they work just fine, I built a set of these about 5 years ago for my lowered '00 coupe which is at least an inch lower than my SGT.

I know the original poster's ramps will work fine, but what about the shorter ones that were made, they seem to be the same length as my Rhino ramps so unless they do not go as high I do not see how they can have a different slope.

Archived