TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing Parts Upgrades

kendrist

Howdy everyone...... first forum I've ever joined, but looking through the different threads looks like there are some knowledgable and cool folks on here.

I've had my GT500 (black/tungsten) since Feb 07', and have yet to do any upgrades, but am seriously thinking about it. Almost did the 40th package, then started thinking of the SS (which I would still love to have, but my toy fund is recovering from a fun 2007). I let the upgrade bug settle down for awhile, and then I had a Z06 spank me the other day that made my blood boil. In any case - I've been looking at doing some of the upgrades that FR has in their catalog.... in particular:

m-6066-sgt 605 blower upgrade $5300.00 9.5hrs labor

m-5230-sgt 49 state legal mufflers $725.00 1.5 hrs labor

m-2007-fr3svt handling pack $1650.00 6.0 hrs labor poss need camber / caster correction 189.00

m-9430-c54c shorty headers $649.00 8.0 hrs reg stainless no price avail on ceramic right now

m-7210-b short throw shifter $205.00 1.0 hr

Couple questions -

-For those that know - are the prices and labor times (esp for installing the blower/headers) reasonable?

- Anyone try these 49 state legal mufflers - like or dislike?

- Does anyone know if this handling pack from FR will cure the wheel hop issue?

- Any other thoughts - good suggestions for upgrades?

Thanks and hope everyone has a Great 08'. - Kendrick

Welcome. I am in Sugar Land too. Dont waste money on shorty headers. LTs are better, if you definitely want headers. All the other upgrades are fine. The GT500s should have come with the FR suspension and the FR catback like the Shelby GTs. If you aren't talking about spending too much money....a few mods will net a ton of power on the GT500s. If you want to just swap the pulley, get a CAI from JLT, a better flowing catback and a tune....probably 2500 for all parts and install, you'd be looking at 520-540ish at the wheels. Then you'd be able to hang with Z06s a lot better.

P.S. You should stop by Ottos tonight in the Fountains(59 between Kirkwood and Hwy 90). I will be there as well as a few friends with GT500s. Lots of cool cars...old and new, and a fun place to meet people, and learn more.

I was thinking about an axle back change. I have a convertible so the SLP LoudMouth is not advisable. I would like opinons on what to buy. Prices range from $350 to $990 (which is ridiculous for a muffler, 5" of 304 SS 2.5" tubing, & and a 4" tip).

I would like something aggressive but not too much so. I have the Random Tech on my Corvette and it makes BillyBoat sound tame. IT IS LOUD! So, I thought, on my Shelby Convertible, I would want something a bit less aggressive. Also, does anyone know if the 4" tips fit without any cutting?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

I was thinking about an axle back change. I have a convertible so the SLP LoudMouth is not advisable. I would like opinons on what to buy. Prices range from $350 to $990 (which is ridiculous for a muffler, 5" of 304 SS 2.5" tubing, & and a 4" tip).

I would like something aggressive but not too much so. I have the Random Tech on my Corvette and it makes BillyBoat sound tame. IT IS LOUD! So, I thought, on my Shelby Convertible, I would want something a bit less aggressive. Also, does anyone know if the 4" tips fit without any cutting?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

I have been checking on this for some time and keep coming back to the FRPP M-5230-5GT. A number of guys have these and everyone is totally pleased. Shop them out have seen as much as a $200 price difference on same unit. I plan on ordering this set in the very near future.

Archived