TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GOLD STRIPES...Can they be made to look new again?

philip 87

Hi Guys. Question.

Have any of you been able to remove the spots (water) and grime from the Gold Stripes? Mine appear to be dirty with water spots. :blink:

I tried a couple cleaners on tiny spots to see and they still look dirty and dull.

I tried Fantastic, Greased lightening and Murphys soap. No change.

Any Advice............Thanks....Philip

:unsure:

I am not sure how I did this. To all and the powers that be.....Please remove second Entry. My apologies...Philip

Hi Guys. Question.

Have any of you been able to remove the spots (water) and grime from the Gold Stripes? Mine appear to be dirty with water spots. :blink:

I tried a couple cleaners on tiny spots to see and they still look dirty and dull.

I tried Fantastic, Greased lightening and Murphys soap. No change.

Any Advice............Thanks....Philip

:unsure:

I am not sure how I did this. To all and the powers that be.....Please remove second Entry. My apologies...Philip

READ THE OTHER POSTS ON THIS SUBJECT......ONCE THE STRIPES ARE RUINED, THEY ARE JUNK, THEY ARE NOT MADE TO LAST VERY LONG, YOU WILL NEED TO REPLACE THEM, OR PAINT THEM ON.

Hi Philip, I own a GT-H and the stripes are dulled out also. I cleaned them up as best as possible but they wont look new, I ordered a replacement set for the rear bumper because mine is chipped on one side, the new ones are glossy and look different because there new and have not been in the sun etc.I dont know if I will put them on now because they will look like they been replaced and the definatly wont match. the color is right but the finish is wrong . A whole new set is about 800.00 for the tops, side stripes are extra. That is a ridiculous price for about 100.00 worth of vinyl I would rather paint them on if I am going to spend that much money and eventually the stripes will stain and dull out again.

Thanks H. Congrats on your Gt-H too!

There has to be a way of cleaning them (I hope).

I am going to try a very mild cream compound tonite on a tiny spot just to see.. I was also advised on this forum to try a Zaino product.

The new stripes a very EXPENSIVE and I don't want to change them really. I will try the compound tonite and advise tomorrow on results, Thanks.........Philip

Has anyone changed the rocker stripes? Mine are beginning to flake off at hte edges. I contacted SAI to see if they would replace them. I provided pictures. They will not replace them. I was told that I must contact SPP for the replacement. Not sure of the cost.

I also think the final repair is to paint on the stripes and maybe clear the rockers

Has anyone changed the rocker stripes? Mine are beginning to flake off at hte edges. I contacted SAI to see if they would replace them. I provided pictures. They will not replace them. I was told that I must contact SPP for the replacement. Not sure of the cost.

I also think the final repair is to paint on the stripes and maybe clear the rockers

Price for rocker stripes is $240 per set. There really is no way to freshen dulled vinyl stripes other than painting them. Replacing vinyl with vinyl will yield the same results...Think about it guys. We're talking dulled stripes on a car 2 years old. Don't even fool with replacing the vinyl. Go paint. They did the '66 Le Mans stripes in paint for a reason.

Archived