TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI vs. the SGT

RetroAlex

Hi Folks...

I didn't see this Edmunds article covered here earlier so I thought I'd share it:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drive...rticleId=123965

I thought the writing appeared somewhat biased towards the Subaru, <_< but please form your own conclusion!

Any thoughts?

Regards,

RetroAlex #2946

:( :angry:

Hi Folks...

I didn't see this Edmunds article covered here earlier so I thought I'd share it:

I thought the writing appeared somewhat biased towards the Subaru, <_< but please form your own conclusion!

Any thoughts?

Regards,

RetroAlex #2946

It's lighter, faster and WAY..................UGLIER! I just wouldn't be caught dead in one of those.

I mainly bought the Shelby GT because of its looks and the Shelby panache. 30 years from now you won't see the Subaru at the Barrett-Jackson auction will you?

Hi Folks...

Any thoughts?

Regards,

RetroAlex #2946

These shelbys are ok , I WILL sell mine in about 2 years ,

It's lighter, faster and WAY..................UGLIER! I just wouldn't be caught dead in one of those.

I mainly bought the Shelby GT because of its looks and the Shelby panache. 30 years from now you won't see the Subaru at the Barrett-Jackson auction will you?

Yep, i don't care how fast you are, you can't out run ugly.

The Subbie is a half eaten jellybean.The article is really a apples to oranges comparison.About the only thing they have in common is price.Anybody with any car sense knows the Shelby on real tires will run real well against anything from Japan.

Its apples to oranges.

The Suburu will appeal to different people. There is a guy at work, (young, of course) that drives a little modified Acura. He's talking about buying the Sub. He likes my car, but I think the younger generation is more a group of followers. Didn't Toyota pass Ford for #2? Great marketing campaign and people willing to follow fashion... IMO, if I spend 35-40k, do I want a Suburu or a Shelby!!!????!! No contest :rolleyes:

Kinda rambling, sorry. :)

Dan

I am leaving for northern maine this afternoon actually to go snowmobiling for the weekend. My sons and I are psyched! We have yet to go out so it will be a blast. They have feet of it up there! We have alot too. But we are supposed to get in the 40's and maybe 50 next week :( Its winter and that means snow and riding. I am tired of the back and forth.

Fat girls, mopeds, and Subarus.....they are all fun to ride but you wouldnt your freinds to see you on one. ;)

Hey!!!!!!!!!!! What you got against fat girls :):):)

Jim

Personally I like the WRX Sti. It is a great car with many nice features, the AWD for one. With that said I did consider buying one a few years back and Im glad I didnt only b/c I love my SGT. I would not trade my SGT for anyother car, Sti of not.

I do agree these cars are two very different cars in different classes. If Edmunds only criteria for comparing vehicles is the price, why not also throw a few trucks in the mix and compare the towing capicity with that of the SGT.

The new subaru is the most confused looking car I have seen in a long time, Is it supposed to be a hatch or a sedan, it looks like they couldn't make up their mind. And you will definetly not see one of these at barret jackson... ever. UGH-LY !

C'mon now you guys...Don't be so hard on the little guy.

It's an okay car with some impressive dynamics on tap.

I just think they didn't finish it up right. Nametag should have more identifiers in it. Something like the Germans do? Like M3-VxxI-4GT-CSI?

I added the CSI, so the cops would know who to call once some 17 year old wrapped his around a telephone pole. Seems fitting, yes?

Archived