TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hertz Shelby GT-H vs Shelby GT500

I'm looking for input on the Shelby GT 500. I already own a GT-H and am thinking about buying another Shelby the GT 500. I've got a dealer that will sell at MSRP and that seems reasonable in todays market. My concern is the overall feel of the car. Most things I read say the GT-H just feels better than the GT 500. I have not driven the GT 500 and need your HELP! If you own both cars or have driven both I would appreciate your comments. I'm not as concerned about the collectability as I am about buying a Shelby with a supercharger. My intention would be to tune the GT 500 to around 600 hp and just play. It seems more difficult to do with the GT-H. Thanks for your input.

Stephen GT-H 417

i have driven both many times. the GT500 is a beast! it goes straight really fast, but its very heavy and does not handle like the GTH. you can spend some money and help the handling of the GT500, but it will always be heavier and not handle as well. you CANT take a GTH to 600hp. the 4.6 cant handle anything over 500hp. if you can get a GT500 at MSRP you should buy the car. you will love it. spend some money bumping the HP and get handle to more your liking. you cant go wrong on that deal

michael morris

The 500 is a "Plusher' ride.........beyond that the two cars are nothing alike. The 500 has EXPLOSIVE power and reponds great to power mods. The GT-H "Feels" heavy but corners a bit flatter and has a harsher ride. Again I'm talking stock to stock.

I'm looking for input on the Shelby GT 500. I already own a GT-H and am thinking about buying another Shelby the GT 500. I've got a dealer that will sell at MSRP and that seems reasonable in todays market. My concern is the overall feel of the car. Most things I read say the GT-H just feels better than the GT 500. I have not driven the GT 500 and need your HELP! If you own both cars or have driven both I would appreciate your comments. I'm not as concerned about the collectability as I am about buying a Shelby with a supercharger. My intention would be to tune the GT 500 to around 600 hp and just play. It seems more difficult to do with the GT-H. Thanks for your input.

Stephen GT-H 417

I own one of each. I agree with all of the comments above. As a daily driver (neither of mine are), I would choose the GT-H due to automatic tranny. For pure fun nothing compares to the GT500. At MSRP you can't go wrong. They each have different personalities, both good. Both get more attention than you might want. Owning both is the best of both worlds. Doing a few minor, reversable mods will not hurt your resale / collectable value and will get you the best HP buy for the dollar out there!

Archived