TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Upgrade??

drhaggard

I received my GT500 in June, red with silver stripes. It has been to the road track a few times and it seems the Shelby GT can run circles around the corners compared to my 500. If I have the 40th anniversery package installed, will my car handle the course as well as the Shelby GT? Do the brakes need upgraded as well? I have looked and have not been able to see what all is included in the package. My car all ready has the silver stripes, but what else is included? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dr. Jon.

As listed above from John Walker (SAI)

40th Anniversary

Here are the parameters of the 40th Anniversary cars.

You must own a 2007 GT500

Coupe $11,250

or Convertible $12,499

Tax not included.

CONTENTS

Exterior

Carbon fiber front fascia splitter

Carbon fiber mirror covers

Carbon fiber rocker panels

Aluminum hood grille inserts

SHELBY deck letters

40th Anniversary badging- front grille and front fenders

Sequential tail lights

40th Anniversary silver stripes

Front and rear brake ducts

Faux Gas Cap 40th Anniversary trim ring

Interior

CSM consecutively numbered dash plaque

CSM consecutively numbered engine plaque

40th Anniversary door sill plates with CSM number

Light bar with solenoid activated brake light (convertible)

Shelby signature 40th Anniversary floor mats

Aesthetic engine kit with billet fluid caps and oil dipstick handle

Center Gauge cluster with Autometer Carroll Shelby Signature Carbon Fiber faced gauges (boost,

fuel pressure, oil pressure)

Aluminum Shelby map light accent

Center Console Arm Rest cover

Shelby Logo for Door Handles

Satin door lock knobs

Performance

Adjustable Pan Hard Bar

Shelby/Eibach coil over suspension

Shelby/Eibach sway bars

Borla exhaust system

Tires and Wheels

20x9” American Racing Shelby Razors (Silver, Gun Metal, Shelby Exclusive Black or Chrome as an upgrade option)

Pirelli P-Zero Nero 255/35ZR20 front and 275/35ZR20 rear

• this package is subject to change without notice

• tire substitution may be made based on availability

PERFORMANCE OPTIONS:

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PERFORMED UPGRADES TO YOUR GT500 TUNE, WE WILL NEED THE TUNER WITH THE CAR.

600HP and 700+HP are available options on the Coupe

600HP is the max. power option available on the convertible.

600HP will be warrantied (extent of warranty to be determined), 700+HP package has NO DRIVETRAIN WARRANTY

700+HP package will use a Shelby/Kenne Bell Supercharger upgrade

The 700+HP pkg will have a one piece drive shaft

Power upgrade to 700+HP will be $10,000. This will include the Shelby/Kenne Bell Supercharger, Borla Exhaust upgrade, one piece drive shaft and labor.

You can opt for the polished supercharger for an additional $500.

Shelby Extreme-Plus Brake System (calipers available in Blue, Red, Orange or Black) $4189.98 installed. You can see them at www.shelbyperformanceparts.com.

Short throw shifter WILL be an option added soon.

TAKE OFF PARTS

You must request that your take off parts are returned before we begin modifying your car.

We will not be responsible for any damages that these parts may incur during removal or shipping.

Any parts that will fit into the trunk or back seat of the car will be shipped to you in it. The other parts will be packaged and shipped to you for a Shipping and Handling fee.

SHIPPING OF TAKE OFF PARTS

At the time your car is slated to come to our Mod Shop, we will have a quote for the shipment of your take off parts. Due to packaging, you cannot select which parts you take and which parts you do not want shipped. If you are hauling your car and will be taking your parts with you, we can package the parts for an additional fee. If you have any parts that you do not want, we will dispose of them for you. We WILL NOT credit you for any take off parts that you do not wish to keep.

SERIAL NUMBERS

The CSM numbering will look like this: 07XL0001

07-year model

XL- 40 (40th Anniversary)

0001-sequencing number

Thank you for the response. How much for the 600 HP option and could I get an expectation of the cars hanlding after the upgrades? Will it handle as well as a Shelby GT on the road course?

Thanks again,

Jon

As listed above from John Walker (SAI)

40th Anniversary

Here are the parameters of the 40th Anniversary cars.

You must own a 2007 GT500

Coupe $11,250

or Convertible $12,499

Tax not included.

CONTENTS

Exterior

Carbon fiber front fascia splitter

Carbon fiber mirror covers

Carbon fiber rocker panels

Aluminum hood grille inserts

SHELBY deck letters

40th Anniversary badging- front grille and front fenders

Sequential tail lights

40th Anniversary silver stripes

Front and rear brake ducts

Faux Gas Cap 40th Anniversary trim ring

Interior

CSM consecutively numbered dash plaque

CSM consecutively numbered engine plaque

40th Anniversary door sill plates with CSM number

Light bar with solenoid activated brake light (convertible)

Shelby signature 40th Anniversary floor mats

Aesthetic engine kit with billet fluid caps and oil dipstick handle

Center Gauge cluster with Autometer Carroll Shelby Signature Carbon Fiber faced gauges (boost,

fuel pressure, oil pressure)

Aluminum Shelby map light accent

Center Console Arm Rest cover

Shelby Logo for Door Handles

Satin door lock knobs

Performance

Adjustable Pan Hard Bar

Shelby/Eibach coil over suspension

Shelby/Eibach sway bars

Borla exhaust system

Tires and Wheels

20x9” American Racing Shelby Razors (Silver, Gun Metal, Shelby Exclusive Black or Chrome as an upgrade option)

Pirelli P-Zero Nero 255/35ZR20 front and 275/35ZR20 rear

• this package is subject to change without notice

• tire substitution may be made based on availability

PERFORMANCE OPTIONS:

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PERFORMED UPGRADES TO YOUR GT500 TUNE, WE WILL NEED THE TUNER WITH THE CAR.

600HP and 700+HP are available options on the Coupe

600HP is the max. power option available on the convertible.

600HP will be warrantied (extent of warranty to be determined), 700+HP package has NO DRIVETRAIN WARRANTY

700+HP package will use a Shelby/Kenne Bell Supercharger upgrade

The 700+HP pkg will have a one piece drive shaft

Power upgrade to 700+HP will be $10,000. This will include the Shelby/Kenne Bell Supercharger, Borla Exhaust upgrade, one piece drive shaft and labor.

You can opt for the polished supercharger for an additional $500.

Shelby Extreme-Plus Brake System (calipers available in Blue, Red, Orange or Black) $4189.98 installed. You can see them at www.shelbyperformanceparts.com.

Short throw shifter WILL be an option added soon.

TAKE OFF PARTS

You must request that your take off parts are returned before we begin modifying your car.

We will not be responsible for any damages that these parts may incur during removal or shipping.

Any parts that will fit into the trunk or back seat of the car will be shipped to you in it. The other parts will be packaged and shipped to you for a Shipping and Handling fee.

SHIPPING OF TAKE OFF PARTS

At the time your car is slated to come to our Mod Shop, we will have a quote for the shipment of your take off parts. Due to packaging, you cannot select which parts you take and which parts you do not want shipped. If you are hauling your car and will be taking your parts with you, we can package the parts for an additional fee. If you have any parts that you do not want, we will dispose of them for you. We WILL NOT credit you for any take off parts that you do not wish to keep.

SERIAL NUMBERS

The CSM numbering will look like this: 07XL0001

07-year model

XL- 40 (40th Anniversary)

0001-sequencing number

600 HP is $27,995 plus tax

725 HP is $31,995 plus tax

i dont know if a GT500 will ever handle as well as a SGT. the GT500 has alot more weight to carry around, but maybe John can answer the handling questions better.

michael morris

Just a quick correction/clarification. I just booked my 07 500 for the anniversary package yesterday, and was informed as previously mentioned that the 600HP would be a $7500.00 option and 700HP would cost $10,000.00 on the anniversary package only. SAI informed me yesterday that they are only allowing specific option packages to be coupled with the 40th package. You can not customize the options and have SAI make the installations ie; cold air intake by itself, they will sell you the kit, but they wont install it for you. Hope this helps.

Archived