TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I am buying a 2007 SHELBY GT! CSM#1967

Flyingbadgers2001

Well gang, It was an offer I couldn't refuse. As much as I put in to my Mustang to include parts, labor and a lil TLC. I am trading my CS8 for a Black and Silver stripe Shelby GT Build CSM# 1967 (The year I was born) I couldn't pass up on the price and the 0% financing from Ford Motor Credit Co. Now right off the bat I will tell you the dealer gave me as much as possible for my CS8. Hell, I tried to get more. But in the end we both came to a price which was a compromise for both sides. I am not going to recoup all my costs. I've known that when I started this project a year ago. But I can live with it. The SGT has only 25 miles on it and the sell price was $34,888.00. I look forward to getting down to Texas to pick it up, I just need to take a couple days leave from the USAF to go get it. I feel bittersweet about the sell, after all the venues and car shows and gatherings I have participated in the last few months with my Mustang. There's no other Mustang like it. All my friends think I had went and gone off the deep end. I can't blame them. I was in the garage for about an hour, just staring at my Mustang trying to take it all in. Thinking to myself, Man I can't believe I am doing this. So the first thing I am going to do is get Shelby's' signature on the dash again, then get the 20' Shelby Razors rims and then other add ons as time goes by. I get some pics out as soon as I get back from Texas. The CS6/CS8 I think are best looking Shelby cars hands down. So to all who offered advise, instructions, tech issues and compliments from past posts. I say thanks! I will always be following the CS6/CS8 forums to see how you guys are doing. See ya around! - Flyingbadger

Well gang, It was an offer I couldn't refuse. As much as I put in to my Mustang to include parts, labor and a lil TLC. I am trading my CS8 for a Black and Silver stripe Shelby GT Build CSM# 1967 (The year I was born) I couldn't pass up on the price and the 0% financing from Ford Motor Credit Co. Now right off the bat I will tell you the dealer gave me as much as possible for my CS8. Hell, I tried to get more. But in the end we both came to a price which was a compromise for both sides. I am not going to recoup all my costs. I've known that when I started this project a year ago. But I can live with it. The SGT has only 25 miles on it and the sell price was $34,888.00. I look forward to getting down to Texas to pick it up, I just need to take a couple days leave from the USAF to go get it. I feel bittersweet about the sell, after all the venues and car shows and gatherings I have participated in the last few months with my Mustang. There's no other Mustang like it. All my friends think I had went and gone off the deep end. I can't blame them. I was in the garage for about an hour, just staring at my Mustang trying to take it all in. Thinking to myself, Man I can't believe I am doing this. So the first thing I am going to do is get Shelby's' signature on the dash again, then get the 20' Shelby Razors rims and then other add ons as time goes by. I get some pics out as soon as I get back from Texas. The CS6/CS8 I think are best looking Shelby cars hands down. So to all who offered advise, instructions, tech issues and compliments from past posts. I say thanks! I will always be following the CS6/CS8 forums to see how you guys are doing. See ya around! - Flyingbadger

congrats on getting the new SGT. i know its hard to let a car that you spent so much time on go, i have done it a few times myself. good luck with the new ride

michael morris

Norfolk! Man I was just there a week ago! We flew in on a very cold and windy evening and stayed at Ely Hall (billeting)Nice rooms! A few of the crew went out for chow. I took the other van and went to the PX. I went out gate 3 and nearly missed the sharp right turn to get the mall. Holy cow! The Norfolk exchange is huge! It was packed too! I love the Electronic Dept! Lots of Big flat screens. ( Can you say, Military Star Card :lol: ) I bought two Lacoste (Alligator) polo shirts and then went out down the road a bit to the package store(Class 6) and bought some chips and salsa and the last bottle of Dom Perignon Vint. 1999 that the girl at the register had behind her. (New Years was couple days away so I figured I pop the cork on the champagne then, but I still haven't yet.) When I get the Shelby GT home, maybe then I will pop that bad boy! The next day at 0600 we departed for GITMO, Cuba. As we took off we saw the Carriers and LHDs and other ships in dock before we went through the low cloud layer. Man your lucky to be stationed there. Compared to Pope AFB / Ft. Bragg where our units at, Theres no comparison. I hear Virginia Beach really rocks in the Summer months! But anyways, thanks gang for the props! And oh hell yeah the mods will be made on the Mustang! I will keep you guys in the loop as they happen. -FB

Hey, thats the closest number I've seen to my #1917. Maybe they were at SAI at the same time. Did your $34.8K included the gas tax? That's a great price! Congratulations on your SGT!

Hey, thats the closest number I've seen to my #1917. Maybe they were at SAI at the same time. Did your $34.8K included the gas tax? That's a great price! Congratulations on your SGT!

From the break down from my contract, I dont see the gas guzzler tax. I see all other items like, title regs, dealer tax,doc fee,state & local tax, etc. but no gas tax that comes up 1K. Looking at my Ford window sticker which states Total MSRP $31,055.00 and Shelbys window sticker states $7390.00 with EPA "Gas Guzzler" Surcharge $1000.00, then the total MSRP is $8390.00, the car was priced at $39445.00. But with the end of the year and Ford offering incentives like 0% APR and the drop in price, I could'nt pass this deal up. Bailey Auto Plaza has 2 more Shelby GTs. One white (new) and one black (used-with around 1800 miles on it) They also have a GT500 (black), a new Saleen and a grabber orange PJ Mustang. Now that I think back on it. I should of looked to see what the CSM# were on the other 2 GTs on the lot. :mellow:

• 3 months later...
So let me get this straight. You traded your CS8 for an SGT. Why ? Because an SGT is a "real Shelby" ?

Sorry man, just trying to understand the reasoning

Colin

Four months later? No, you're trying to cause an argument even going to far as to use the flame baiting "real Shelby" moniker.

It stops now.

:extinguish:

BOTH are Shelbys and which one you buy, trade, or build is a personal preference if you want to ask your question in a less confrontational way with feel free!

Four months later? No, you're trying to cause an argument even going to far as to use the flame baiting "real Shelby" moniker.

It stops now.

:extinguish:

BOTH are Shelbys and which one you buy, trade, or build is a personal preference if you want to ask your question in a less confrontational way with feel free!

Sorry if I came across as confrontational. I wasn't trying to be. I was trying to understand why one would trade a CS8 for a GT. I understand that both are Shelby's. Not saying either car is worth less than the other.

I wanted to know if the GT is considered a more genuine Shelby as it has the parts fitted at the Shelby factory. I realized when I read my post over this morning that it might have sounded confrontational so again my apologies for that.

Sorry if I came across as confrontational. I wasn't trying to be. I was trying to understand why one would trade a CS8 for a GT. I understand that both are Shelby's. Not saying either car is worth less than the other.

I wanted to know if the GT is considered a more genuine Shelby as it has the parts fitted at the Shelby factory. I realized when I read my post over this morning that it might have sounded confrontational so again my apologies for that.

Thank you for the follow-up!

The CS6/8 group is a tight and passionate bunch of enthusiasts, as I'm sure you are, and were there before there ever was an SGT or a GT-H. These are people that rather than go into a showroom like I did bought the parts over time and built the cars themselves making them even more special and they are Shelbys.

I think however, like anything else, it comes down to personal choice.

You should post some pics of your car etc.!

All the best!

Thank you for the follow-up!

The CS6/8 group is a tight and passionate bunch of enthusiasts, as I'm sure you are, and were there before there ever was an SGT or a GT-H. These are people that rather than go into a showroom like I did bought the parts over time and built the cars themselves making them even more special and they are Shelbys.

I think however, like anything else, it comes down to personal choice.

You should post some pics of your car etc.!

All the best!

Jeff,

Currently my car is a regular Mustang GT with Steeda intake and tune. I intend building a CS 8 and will begin to source parts for it soon. I am trying to figure out if these parts can be fitted by me or if they have to be fitted by a Shelby authorized dealer. Not many of those around in Maryland I don't think. I can't do the paintwork so that will have to be done by a bodyshop.

Thanks

You can buy all the parts and all CS6/8 cars have ben built by the owner or someone the owner hired. This program was LONG before SAI started with Mod shops etc. There are some authorized Shelby dealers that will do the work but it's not anything a good speed shop or SVT dealer can't do if needed.

You should post a new thread on starting out and get advice from people that have done it and know far more than I!

Good luck!

Jeff,

Currently my car is a regular Mustang GT with Steeda intake and tune. I intend building a CS 8 and will begin to source parts for it soon. I am trying to figure out if these parts can be fitted by me or if they have to be fitted by a Shelby authorized dealer. Not many of those around in Maryland I don't think. I can't do the paintwork so that will have to be done by a bodyshop.

Thanks

Archived