TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My baby is getting a new scoop put on today

blueshawk

It's Jan 2nd and I starting the new year under stress! CSM #384 is getting the new scoop design installed today and I'm a little worried about it getting done right. The good news is the dealer wants to take his time and do the job right, so he said it might not be done today and tomorrow may be when it is finished.

I'll let you know haw it goes. :unsure:

Please advise steps you took to obtain new scoop I have heard so many and my dealer is lost thanks Bruce

Bruce,

It's a simple warranty replacement! How could the dealer be lost? The dealer needs to call the 1-800-367-3788 number to set up any claims. This includes hood scoops, stripes, badging, or any part that is part of the Shelby package. Any parts other than what was listed, would be a Ford factory warranty issue which goes through the normal Ford warranty process.

I'm not not sure if John still needs to be in the loop but better safe than sorry. Once your dealer does that send a note to John Walker at SAI giving him your CSM, VIN, Dealer name, contact, and the person they are working with, if known, at Ford Racing so John knows it's coming.

Unless something has changed your dealer will be asked to send photos of the scoop to show the issue. So take these in advance, as high a quality as needed to see the issue(s) and bring a CD with you. DO NOT depend upon the dealer to take these and do it right or show the scoop in its worst possible light. They will deny the claim if they don't see the problem.

Lastly be sure to tell you dealer to tell Ford Racing that you want the "new and improved" fully riveted scoop so there is no confusion about what you're looking for.

Good luck!

-Jeff

Bruce,

It's a simple warranty replacement! How could the dealer be lost? The dealer needs to call the 1-800-367-3788 number to set up any claims. This includes hood scoops, stripes, badging, or any part that is part of the Shelby package. Any parts other than what was listed, would be a Ford factory warranty issue which goes through the normal Ford warranty process.

I'm not not sure if John still needs to be in the loop but better safe than sorry. Once your dealer does that send a note to John Walker at SAI giving him your CSM, VIN, Dealer name, contact, and the person they are working with, if known, at Ford Racing so John knows it's coming.

Unless something has changed your dealer will be asked to send photos of the scoop to show the issue. So take these in advance, as high a quality as needed to see the issue(s) and bring a CD with you. DO NOT depend upon the dealer to take these and do it right or show the scoop in its worst possible light. They will deny the claim if they don't see the problem.

Lastly be sure to tell you dealer to tell Ford Racing that you want the "new and improved" fully riveted scoop so there is no confusion about what you're looking for.

Good luck!

-Jeff

Matt in Ci town thanks for info, Shelby is stored for winter I have taken good photos and will take thses to dealer in spring everything else with car appears fine but I only have 400 miles on car time will tell again thanks for your help. Bruce

Keep us posted.....keeping my fingers crossed for you !!

Sue

Fingers crossed worked! The scoop looks great and it couldn't look any better than it does. I highly recommend those who aren't happy with their scoop to get the new one installed.

Also, I asked about the difficulty of replacing stripes on the hood now that the scoop is riveted. The body shop says that now that the holes are located and drilled in the hood, drilling out the rivets , replacing the stripe and reinstalling the rivets is not a problem.

The car is really perfect now! But there is another mod I want to do...................

Fingers crossed worked! The scoop looks great and it couldn't look any better than it does. I highly recommend those who aren't happy with their scoop to get the new one installed.

Also, I asked about the difficulty of replacing stripes on the hood now that the scoop is riveted. The body shop says that now that the holes are located and drilled in the hood, drilling out the rivets , replacing the stripe and reinstalling the rivets is not a problem.

The car is really perfect now! But there is another mod I want to do...................

I'll cruise by Jack in the box and get an antenna ball for ya....................... :)

j/k

I am so HAPPY for you !!!!!! Finally huh? So glad for you !!! :D :D

Sue

Bruce,

Good luck!

-Jeff

Had mine replaced about 2 months ago , it has seen 10 to 85 in temp outside ,snow and ice,,,, everything is good !!!

I'm really glad to see this is finally happening. In the spring I'll get mine done at Tasca.

Yes, good plan. I had mine scoop done at Tasca last week and it looks great. I haven't had time to take pictures but it looks like it should and Tasca did a good job.

-Tim-

Archived