TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Alignment Specifications

stump_breaker

Does anyone know if "FORD specifications" are acceptable on the SGT?

Getting the alignment checked on this car (around here anyway) is like pulling teeth. :angry:

Call Steeda or Saleen and see what they are recommending.

Does anyone know if "FORD specifications" are acceptable on the SGT?

Getting the alignment checked on this car (around here anyway) is like pulling teeth. :angry:

I'm saying no. My experience with lowering the Marauder 1.5" with cut springs in front and air bag adjustments in the rear, says that once the suspension is lowered, the alignment specs will change. My SGT tracks perfectly, so why not just call SAI's mod shop and get the numbers?

Now this is where things get to be a PITA. Be careful about how the alignment racks are attached to the wheel. If done wrong, you're goingt to end up with marks on the wheel, and punctures in the clearcoat, leading to corrosion under the skin. Make sure they "hang" the racks on the wheel, by letting air out and seating the racks into the bead area, and re-inflating.

Like I said, it's a real PITA, and you may have to pay a little extra, but it's better than a damaged wheel.

I'm saying no. My experience with lowering the Marauder 1.5" with cut springs in front and air bag adjustments in the rear, says that once the suspension is lowered, the alignment specs will change. My SGT tracks perfectly, so why not just call SAI's mod shop and get the numbers?

Now this is where things get to be a PITA. Be careful about how the alignment racks are attached to the wheel. If done wrong, you're goingt to end up with marks on the wheel, and punctures in the clearcoat, leading to corrosion under the skin. Make sure they "hang" the racks on the wheel, by letting air out and seating the racks into the bead area, and re-inflating.

Like I said, it's a real PITA, and you may have to pay a little extra, but it's better than a damaged wheel.

Thanks Lulu. "FORD Specs" didn't sound correct to me either but as of this Saturday it will be in Quantum Performance's hands. They will be checking alignment and fixing the hood scoop and all in a Shelby authorized shop!

I'm so excited. I feel like a kid about to go to Six Flags for some reason! :D

+1 on that. Thats what we do (Let the air out so they fit correctly) especialy on those machined lips. Make sure they take there time even if its a few bucks more.

Good advice Lu Lu..........

Archived