TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Leaning towards these wheels

AFBLUE

OK, we seem to be on the same track with about a three month lag.

I showed a friend of mine the picture of the car and he said "gotta get wider tires" (in the same tone and pace that Richard Dryfus said "gotta get a bigger boat".)

I looked at the Shelby catalog but nothing grabbed my eye though. Probably just rears, maybe 20". (Did Mustangs do that?) The BJ has 18x8.5 wheels with P235/50ZR18.

Any suggestions?

IMO they are nice but not different enough from the stock wheels for me. As always it comes down to personal opinion so if you like them go for it. Personally I like s mulit-poke design like the new CS40 and will probably eventually go with those. I also considered the Alcoa wheels but the design with the spokes coming to the outside of the wheel makes them look to big. If the Alco wheel was a deep dish design like the CS40 I would go with them as I like the finish.

IMO they are nice but not different enough from the stock wheels for me. As always it comes down to personal opinion so if you like them go for it. Personally I like s mulit-poke design like the new CS40 and will probably eventually go with those. I also considered the Alcoa wheels but the design with the spokes coming to the outside of the wheel makes them look to big. If the Alco wheel was a deep dish design like the CS40 I would go with them as I like the finish.

+1 I like the Magnum 500 look especially on the Boss 302 clones, but If I was spending the money they look to close to stock.

OK, we seem to be on the same track with about a three month lag.

I showed a friend of mine the picture of the car and he said "gotta get wider tires" (in the same tone and pace that Richard Dryfus said "gotta get a bigger boat".)

I looked at the Shelby catalog but nothing grabbed my eye though. Probably just rears, maybe 20". (Did Mustangs do that?) The BJ has 18x8.5 wheels with P235/50ZR18.

Any suggestions?

You're thinking of Roy Scheider, not Richard Dreyfuss. :)

I agree with what SMGT said. Got any pics of the CS40?

This is my best photoshop so far of the magnum 500 style wheels on my car. These wheels, like the CS66s, keeps with that 1966 GT 350 theme I'm going for.

These are deep dish 18x9s and are available from http://www.wheelreplicas.com/magnumwheels.html

attachment.php?attachmentid=37476&d=1199251149

Nice wheels. I went with AR Shelby Redlines in anthricite. 18 X 9 frt and 18 X 10 rear. Went 255-45 frt and 285-40 rear. BFG G-force KDW's

I love the look of the wide tires.

IMHO go wide.

Rich

SGT

Daytona Coupe

http://autorazzi.com//showPic.php?album_id...me=100_1016.JPG

This is my best photoshop so far of the magnum 500 style wheels on my car. These wheels, like the CS66s, keeps with that 1966 GT 350 theme I'm going for.

These are deep dish 18x9s and are available from http://www.wheelreplicas.com/magnumwheels.html

attachment.php?attachmentid=37476&d=1199251149

AF - I am being 100% for real here. The stock rims look better than each rim I have seen on your car to date. I don;t know if you could get any better, considering there only 18's! :P

AF - I am being 100% for real here. The stock rims look better than each rim I have seen on your car to date. I don;t know if you could get any better, considering there only 18's! :P

Hey Blue,

could you photoshop the CS40 and CS66 wheels on a White SGT in the Anthracite and or Chrome? I'm trying to decide between those 2 styles for my SGT. Thanks,

Dave

LOL - That's funny - I was just coming in here to ask about the Chrome CS40's on a Vista Blue car

I'm torn between the Shelby Redlines or the Shelby CS40s - I am leaning more toward the Shelby CS40s.

The CS40's look more unique - and I think they are a little more exclusive to Caroll Shelby vs. being available on tirerack or any other aftermarket vendor.

:D Thanks

PS> AFBlue - I really like your last choice of wheels and the last photoshop you did of them. That's very a

very sharp look!!!

Trevor

Hey Blue,

could you photoshop the CS40 and CS66 wheels on a White SGT in the Anthracite and or Chrome? I'm trying to decide between those 2 styles for my SGT. Thanks,

Dave

I've already done an anthracite CS66 photoshop

med_gallery_221_83_131765.jpg

Here's a quick chromecs66.

med_gallery_221_83_69681.jpg

Sorry but I don't have any good shots of the CS40s to make a photoshop at this point.

I've already done a anthracite CS66 photoshop

Sorry but I don't have any good shots of the CS40s to make a photoshop at this point.

Thanks Blue, I really apreciate you putting these up. I think I'm leaning toward the CS66 anthracite but need to see the CS40's before I pull the trigger with MM. BTW MM good eyes on the dual brake calipers. Too funny! Dave

mark you are dang good at that photo shop stuff. can you do one for me. i want to be 30lbs lighter and ALOT better looking :lol:

on your photoshop of the CS66s how do i get dual brake calipers on the rear of my car??? :lol:

michael morris

Send me a picture and I'll see what I can do. The dual brake calipers are mod shop option. It cut's your brake distance in half :D

Thanks Blue, I really apreciate you putting these up. I think I'm leaning toward the CS66 anthracite but need to see the CS40's before I pull the trigger with MM. BTW MM good eyes on the dual brake calipers. Too funny! Dave

The CS66 is the balls! I think im going that route also.

• 2 months later...
LOL - That's funny - I was just coming in here to ask about the Chrome CS40's on a Vista Blue car

I'm torn between the Shelby Redlines or the Shelby CS40s - I am leaning more toward the Shelby CS40s.

The CS40's look more unique - and I think they are a little more exclusive to Caroll Shelby vs. being available on tirerack or any other aftermarket vendor.

:D Thanks

PS> AFBlue - I really like your last choice of wheels and the last photoshop you did of them. That's very a

very sharp look!!!

Trevor

Your right the CS40's are a more exclusive wheel. The Redlines are an American Racing wheel licensed by Shelby and sold anywhere any other AR wheels is sold. The CS40's are from the Carroll Shelby Wheel Company (the company that Carroll actually owns) and only avalable at licensed dealers.

I talked to someone at the CSWC and they said the CS40's have been delayed due to some minor design changes suggested by Carroll himself. They said they're adding rivets around the radius to give it a 2 piece look.

I've already done an anthracite CS66 photoshop

med_gallery_221_83_131765.jpg

med_gallery_221_83_69681.jpg

AF- Now your thinking right, those are 20's and the way these cars should be equiped. The 18's are just to old school- Good going Mark, on the 20's that is :hysterical2: !

Swede

Archived