TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Dodge diecast

bruces

Does anyone know of 1/18 diecast of the Shelby Dodges or is Shelby going to make some in future

Bruce

There were no Shelby Dodges (Whittier cars) made of any size. There were a few 1/64th Matchbox cars such as the Dodge Daytona, Dodge Caravan, etc. There was also a Dodge Omni 1/64th well actually its a Talbot Horizon from Chrysler of Europe. Hot Wheels made a Dodge Rampage 1/64th.

The closest diecast was a Dodge Shelby Charger in 1/64th scale that has some sort of wind up wheels. I can't recall who made it except I know it wasn't Hot Wheels. I have one in my collection somehwere.

AmyB will have to answer the last part of your question.

Steve

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know of 1/18 diecast of the Shelby Dodges or is Shelby going to make some in future

I'm not sure about Shelby Dodges but I know the guy who runs http://www.replicasinminiature.com/ and he deos some excellent work. I had him replcate my 1970 Boss 302 and my 1970 Mach 1. The detail is incredible!

If there is, I know there are models, but if there is, they would be licensed out by Dodge or Chrysler. Carroll doesn't have these rights, that I am aware of

Amy

• 4 weeks later...

I had a contact with GMP years ago and I tried to get them to make the Whitter cars. To help with sales I suggested to get with the shelby dodge registry to give first dibs on the numbered cars so the owner could get a model with the same number has their car! The rep agreed with me but it wasn't high on their model list.

Archived